ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISVILLE VS CLEMSON GAME THREAD- 7PM ACCN

Thanks Shadow!

4 of these last 5 games (including the first game in the ACCT) are very winnable, assuming we truly are “new and improved”. Coach Payne needs to show us he deserves another year by winning at least two of these next 5 games.

Reactions: shadow force
I want to see the same effort against Clemson that they showed the last couple of games. But if they are improving, they need to translate that into a couple of wins before the season is over.

Reactions: Mayoman
The effort is there early on. Just have to cut down on TOs on dumb stuff.

Traynor and Ellis carrying us right now

Reactions: PushupMan
Been a supporter of Kenny, but if he’s any kind of leader he needs to sit Ell Ellis next game. Bush league. Had 3 wins and he’s out there acting a fool to end the game. SMH

Reactions: bigloucards
Been a supporter of Kenny, but if he’s any kind of leader he needs to sit Ell Ellis next game. Bush league. Had 3 wins and he’s out there acting a fool to end the game. SMH
I don't blame him for the last dunk and neither should Clemson. The team is very frustrated from losing close ones and losing close ones to ranked teams. If the shoe was on the other foot and Clemson only had 3 wins and Louisville was visiting, I would expect no less and even congratulate the other team on their win.

I don't blame him for the last dunk and neither should Clemson. The team is very frustrated from losing close ones and losing close ones to ranked teams. If the shoe was on the other foot and Clemson only had 3 wins and Louisville was visiting, I would expect no less and even congratulate the other team on their win.
Lol ok

Yeah, nice win but that was classless by El. I understand the excitement about the win, but he shouldn’t have done it.

Win 4 or win 30 you don’t do that.

very happy we won. we are turning the corner. we can see that KP's system works. teams are getting frustrated and exhausted by the switching and ball movement.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost

You want to sit Ellis the next game for that?? C’mon man. It was a little bush league but gosh damn the dude played his ass off and was in front of the most raucous crowd he’s ever played in front of. Enjoy the win.

Reactions: Mayoman
You want to sit Ellis the next game for that?? C’mon man. It was a little bush league but gosh damn the dude played his ass off and was in front of the most raucous crowd he’s ever played in front of. Enjoy the win.
Played his ass off or not you don’t give a team the going to sleep sign when we’ve been asleep all year. Maybe he shoulda passed it to someone else for the dunk then he would have had 7 to’s and 2 assists

This is a silly notion. Sit Ellis when he has 5 games left in his college career on 4 and 23 team? Who is that helping?

Now if he was a underclassmen, maybe have him run some extra laps, but to bench him for that would not be smart coaching.

We loved it when Bobby P did that to Kentucky
UK might be the only exception. Karma can be a… boy how those UK games have looked over the last several years. Somewhat kidding.

It was tasteless and out of order but not worth getting bent out of shape over. Learning opportunity at best.

Congratulations to the team on the win. Well deserved! As for El’s final dunk, I just wish he had timed it to go down just after the buzzer. Celebrate, but not at the other team’s expense.

Sitting him for an entire game is a bit harsh. I would think an apology would be sufficient.

Does anybody truly believe the Clemson players or coaching staff are really that put off by what Ellis did? They're not 4 and 23. Now if a player from a winning team did that, that would be different.

If anything it's a reflection of what long standing frustration does to people. If I were a Clemson fan, although upset my team lost to a 23 loss team, I wouldn't be upset with El Ellis. After all, he still plays on a 4 and 23 team.

Reactions: cardinalrod
Does anybody truly believe the Clemson players or coaching staff are really that put off by what Ellis did? They're not 4 and 23. Now if a player from a winning team did that, that would be different.

If anything it's a reflection of what long standing frustration does to people. If I were a Clemson fan, although upset my team lost to a 23 loss team, I wouldn't be upset with El Ellis. After all, he still plays on a 4 and 23 team.
Clemson is probably more upset that the Cards just torpedoed their chances at a Tournament bid.

Clemson is probably more upset that the Cards just torpedoed their chances at a Tournament bid.

That’s definitely what they are maddest about. When they aren’t ticked off about the loss, I’m sure they are laughing at the Louisville player who had lost so many games this year that he didn’t understand when it was time to dribble out the clock.

I think Ellis got caught up in the 2013 celebration and wanted to celebrate. He knew it would be frowned on but what the hell. Without him, the Cards would have maybe only one win.

It didn't bother me at all. There is a whole lot more to be frustrated or disappointed about.

When a football player that is prevented from scoring a touchdown on several series or games, spikes the ball after he scores and gets a penalty, nobody says a word they tend to understand the reason for the spike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT