ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville VB vs Georgia Tech

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Louisville and Georgia Tech have faced each other twice this season already, with the Cardinals winning both matches 3-0.

In Atlanta on October third, the Cards took a 25-`5, 36-34, 25-22 match. That second set win for UofL was memorable for its length and Tech's refusal to go away quietly. In Louisville on Nov 12th, the Cards swept GT 25-21, 25-21, 27-25. Once again, GT made in difficult for the Cards, taking Louisville to bonus ball in set three.

Tech is 26-5 overall and went 14-4 in the ACC this season. Besides the two Louisville losses, they have fallen against Pitt, Notre Dame and UCLA once.

Under head coach Michelle Collier the Yellow Jackets advanced to the NCAA Tournament Second Round for the first time since 2004 last season and earned the programs first tournament win in 17 years. This year, Georgia Tech has advanced to the Elite Eight for first time since 2003 and the second time in program history after sweeping The Citadel and WKU in Atlanta and Ohio State in Louisville in the Tournament.

Offensively, Tech is led by ACC Player of the Year Julia Bergmann who has a team-high 493 kills and 35 aces and is hitting .298 with 272 digs and 63 blocks. In Louisville, Bergmann had 15 kills -- in Atlanta she tallied 12.

GT does have a win over Pitt this season -- Oct 10th in Pittsburgh -- 3-2. The.Yellow Jackets lost the return match against the Panthers on Nov 19th in Atlanta 3-1.

For Louisville, Aiko Jones is 3rd in ACC with .36 aces per set; 6th in ACC with 1.15 blocks per set; 4th in ACC with 37 total aces; 6th in ACC with 120 total blocks3rd in ACC with 10.73 assists per set; 3rd in ACC with 1,116 total assists Amaya Tillman is 2nd in ACC, 8th in NCAA with 1.38 blocks per set; 4th in ACC with .369 hitting percentage; 3rd in ACC with 139 total blocks. Anna Stevenson is 4th in ACC with 1.29 blocks per set; 1st in ACC, 7th in NCAA with .432 hitting percentage; 4th in ACC with 132 total blocks 13th in ACC Anna DeBeer has 3.22 kills per set Elena Scott is 8th in the ACC with 383 total digs

It should be a fun, and possibly close one today at Freedom Hall. 6 p.m. on ESPNU -- and I would imagine tickets are available is you want to attend live. I know the Cardina Couple Boys will discuss it at length on their podcast today at 11 a.m. You can find thee link on the Cardinal Coupe Radio Hour You Tube Page.

--sonja--

I will be there.

Everyone should come on out and witness great volleyball!

This one has the potential to stretch Louisville as much as any match this season.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I hope we are on our game because it is hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. I agree everyone should try to make it to Freedom Hall and support this team. They have accomplished something few teams do by going undefeated in the regular season. They have made this city and University proud.

Tied 1-1 Louisville won the 1st Tech won the 2nd. We need to come out strong on this 3rd set Tech has the momentum right now.

Reactions: glassmanJ
We win the 3rd set in a tough match Tech is really good and they know us son well. I would love to finish this out in the 4th set.

Final Four bound Cards stay undefeated in a tough match. We looked strong in the 4th set and kept Tech from making that late run that they had done in earlier sets.

I am watching the match between Wisconsin vs Minnesota and Wisconsin is up 2-0. we will probably play Wisconsin and they look good they have 2 players that are huge, 1 is 6’7” and the other is 6’8”. I still like our chances against them though I think we have a better setter in Dilfer and with DeBeer and Chaussee hitting from the side like they do it will neutralize their bigs.

The BIG 10 have dominated WCVB for a long time and got a head start by attracting the tall ladies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT