ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Football Fans Don’t Understand Football

ReincarnatedJungleTiger

1500+
Gold Member
May 31, 2022
I’m no former coach or player, but listening to radio callers this morning makes me feel like most Louisville fans don’t understand football.

People complaining that the O-line didn’t play well (Louisville ran for 220 yards!).

People complaining that Gillotte didn’t play well (the USC line sold out to stop Ashton, double and triple teaming him all night and he STILL got pressure on Moss at times).

People complaining that the D-line played poorly (they held USC to 71 rushing yards -aside from one long run, USC average 2.25 YPC).

People complaining that JB and BB called a bad game (the gave the offense plenty of opportunities to score. The opening script was beautiful as well).

People complaining that the LBs stank (the LBs defended the middle of the field pretty well, but the USC scheme kept them busy and kept them out of blitz packages).

People complaining that USC was bigger than Louisville (that is just outright incorrect -USC’s WRs were faster than Duck and Brownlee and Neal, but they weren’t BIG like some ACC and SEC WRs are and USC was actually a bit small on both lines).

Riley called a great game, found weaknesses on film, and created a game plan that ate (most of) the Louisville DBs alive. Moss was a revelation and aside from 2-3 bad passes, threw a nearly perfect game. Jack was average, but has been all year. IG was tremendous. The WRs were disappointing. And I think we all saw why JJ didn’t see the field much all season.

There are some legitimate complaints about the performance in the Holiday Bowl, but these callers man… Louisville fans understand basketball more than most, but it seems like Louisville fans are conversely ignorant about football.

Thanks for reading my rant/coming to my TED talk.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News