ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Cardinals at the Plate

Telsler47

300+
Jun 18, 2020
Our bats this year are so much better than they were a year ago. & that is the main difference between last season and this one. The pitching still isn't what we are accustom to but they are improving. Right now, we have 7 players batting .300 or above... & that is not counting our HR leader Dalton Rushing who is at .295 with 17 homers.

Last season we only had 3 players over .300 ... Also after doing some digging, last year we had 1 player with over 50 RBIs. As of right now, we have 3 players with over 50. I think Coach Snider needs some praise because they obviously worked on hitting a lot in the off-season.

Nothing breaking here, but some cool stats I thought I would share.

Reactions: ulcards1 and SoulSr
The most impressive feature of our offense is that we are strong 1 through 9 in the order.

I think Va Tech bucked the trend and went away from attacking Cardinal hitters with off speed stuff with 2 strikes,which may or may not have played to their strength.
Our hitters have seen so many breaking balls,they have really gotten better at staying away from the bad pitches for the most part.
They surely were expecting more of the same last weekend,but we're seeing heat with 2 strikes,usually on the hands,outside or up.
It was a good learning lesson going forward as Va Tech threw us a bit of a curve(pun intended) and we struggled with it.
Still,I agree that we're seeing guys have better at bats,run up pitch counts more and take more walks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT