ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Louisville back in the mix for 4-star

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
A source close to the situation has informed me that Louisville has really turned up the heat on 4-star Michigan-based wide receiver Christian Fitzpatrick, the younger brother of Louisville redshirt junior receiver Dez Fitzpatrick. From what I've been told Gunter Brewer is now going "guns blazing" for Christian.

Apparently he is hitting the mark.

The Washington State commit will take an official visit to Louisville when they play Clemson on October 19th. I was told that he will be taking a long hard look at Louisville's offense. Against FSU, his older brother Dez Fitzpatrick was targeted seven times for 133 yards and a touchdown. The way he saw his brother used has reignited interest in the Cards and erased some doubts he has about how recievers will be used with the new coaching staff.

My reaction to this news is that Washington State is too far away and I don't think he ends up signing there, not saying he's a Louisville lock either, I'm just saying I can't see him in Pullman. Speaking on the Louisville front however, it appears getting his brother involved against FSU has allayed some concerns the Fitzpatrick's have about how Christian will be used in the offense. The key for Louisville in this recruitment moving forward is to get the outside receivers (especially Dez) more involved in the passing game on a consistent basis. The better Dez does, the higher the probability younger brother follows in his older brother's footsteps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News