ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of new faces.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Or, am I just bad at not recognizing these guys out of uniform? Masterman and Rushing are the only two I can pick out. Feels like a youth movement is upon us, with the exception of the "old" looking guys on the front row.
E9bogprXMAEK28G

Reactions: earsky
I'm counting 37??? We were at 45 last season. Some of these might be student managers, maybe. Covid sucks continues to mess with our world. CardX, we might need a new set of eyes. ;)

I talked with CDM tonight at the Cardinal Caravan. He had spoke to the crowd about Henry Davis and draft night. Coach was sitting in the first row that night and when Henry got the call he made eye contact with Coach and did the #1 sign. So we talked about the thrill of that experience. Coach went into the wheeling and dealing that goes on and the story of how Brendan ended up at 4th. Also he let us know that us snowbirds will have Cards baseball in Tampa in Feb ‘22. Great baseball chatter with the man.

Love the photo op. There's a really good core of guys returning. Rushing,Masterman,Metzinger,Usher along with an improving group of 3rd year pitchers. Throw in Knapczyk,Peyton,Hawkins,Bianco
and the pieces are there. Health and pitching depth along with the mindset of attaining team goals never reached over here,hope to push these guys to the top.
Why not?
When does Fall ball start? Can't wait...

Btw,didn't mean to leave anyone out,but I did.
Poland,Corbett and Prosecky anchor the pitching staff,but starting pitchers are gonna have to step up. It could be any of the 3 just listed. Poland could see action at 2nd as well.

Reactions: PHCARD
Might as well also throw in Lohman, Webster, Seed and Kuehner. There are plenty of arms - like it was mentioned - an they stay healthy? Can they be consistent? Seed was really coming on late and I think he’ll be in that weekend rotation. After that- who knows. Prosecky and Lohman both showed flashes. Can Corbett step into a full time starting role or is too valuable as a middle relief guy when a starter struggles? Kuenher pitched really sell down the stretch as well. It will be very interesting to watch. More fun as well to see if a RS-FR or True FR can bring it and maybe get that Sunday starter role.

There might not be any superstars in the bullpen,but there certainly are plenty of battle tested arms.

Reactions: Bardman
@mattsefcovic reported on Twitter that "Louisville incoming freshman and Danville star, Ethan Wood, is heading out west to Central Arizona CC this season and plans to enroll at Louisville after his freshman year." Maybe the depth and backlog discussed above was part of the reasoning. Hate to see a KY player leave the Commonwealth, but hope it turns out great for both him and UofL.

One other thing CDM talked with me about was he was not going through the 6 ft spacing, small crowds, we MUST have our fans back in the stands. He wasn’t happy about the restrictions imposed in outdoor setting and the impact it made on his team at JP stadium. I completely understood his grumpiness as the season went on with it all. Coach was super excited about all the new improvements coming at JP.
The young man from Danville going somewhere for a year is completely understandable, with another overcrowded field.

Might as well also throw in Lohman, Webster, Seed and Kuehner.
You know,the only silver lining that could come from that shortened Covid season in 2020 is that guys like Kuehner and Webster along with Prosecky got thrown into action in that month of play.
Coach was developing the bullpen to back up Miller and Detmers. It's their time to make it pay off.

Reactions: Bardman
Might as well also throw in Lohman, Webster, Seed and Kuehner. There are plenty of arms - like it was mentioned - an they stay healthy? Can they be consistent? Seed was really coming on late and I think he’ll be in that weekend rotation. After that- who knows. Prosecky and Lohman both showed flashes. Can Corbett step into a full time starting role or is too valuable as a middle relief guy when a starter struggles? Kuenher pitched really sell down the stretch as well. It will be very interesting to watch. More fun as well to see if a RS-FR or True FR can bring it and maybe get that Sunday starter role.
Bard,
Not to disclose too much personal info, Seed is going to be a ? mark. His last appearance, he left with an injury to his arm. He’s not having surgery because he would definitely be out next season, so he is hoping to rehab without it. Hoping it works out for him because yes, we will need him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT