ADVERTISEMENT

Lipscomb Bisons

Lipscomb definitely kept us off balance with their pitching strategy. The very good news, even though we lost, was that the team committed no errors in the field. I even saw Bianco field a grounder and step on first to get the sure out before trying to get a second out by throwing to the shortstop covering second.

We improved to 172nd in the NCAA in fielding percentage - still only 41st percentile, but that was 13 spots better than before the Lipscomb game.

Fielding percentage is the last piece that needs to come together for this team to contend for an ACC championship and to qualify for the NCAA tournament.

I think and hope to see Kuehner bounce back this weekend with a big performance. Needless to say,it's imperative that he has a good start.

At this point,there aren't a ton of reliable guys trotting out of the pen(I think it's slowly growing) so it's important to not get too deep too early in the staff.
I'm really expecting to see Kuehner bounce back.

Back in high school we played a double header against Bishop David. We were something like 14 and 2 and they were 4 and 15. We won the first game 14 to 1 against their top pitcher. I was a cool 3 for 3 with 3 runs and 2 RBI.

In the second game we lost 5 to 4 and scored those runs in the top of the 9th inning. I hit into a double play to end the game as I went 0 for 4. We couldn't believe we lost to that team. Coach told us we weren't ready to play and in baseball, that will get you beat. It's such a mental game. Plenty of time to think.
Pitching matchups are key, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT