ADVERTISEMENT

Lie-yles testimony co-erced by the NCAA

NOTHING has been proven yet.

Allegations are easy to make, hard to prove.

It hasn't been a year since the allegations we're made about Chris 'raping' someone.
It has since been proven false. Some SuCkS fans were 1000% sure Chris did it, and
Coach Pitino knew about it.

Remember, a Chicago newspaper, was set to release the details on anthony davis'
family receiving $200,000 for his services.

Yeah, what ever happen to that story ?

WTF? We are a high power program. We have the top revenue in basketball and are a significant member of a power 5 conference. How does penalizing UofL help advance the NCAA's "business interest"?

We are a power program! I agree. We could easily be the "Duke" of basketball. Denny was the man. What he did was amazing. Ushered in the dunk! Urban recruiting! Modern basketball. Seen any Crum specials lately? Seen Denny getting interviewed on the national level? No respect for any of that. That makes us outsiders IMO.

Here's what we are to believe...We have been doing crazy foul things to win....while the program down the street with every recruit in the land wanting to play for Cal. Hmmmm. It sounds like NC just made some honest mistakes rubber stamping things and will most likely punish themselves. I don't want to know what happened at Syracuse! (Anybody publish a book? Didn't ESPN shelve it?) Now RP has to go? What?

Last edited:
The $200,000 evidence aganst anthony davi bought and destroyed by SuCkS boosters.
Single beat writer - anonymous sources - got demolished by every sport journalist on twitter for shoddy reporting - claims can no longer be found on CST website.

So you believe that that is extremely credible, but that this has nothing to it?

I mean, you have the reputation as one of the more tinted glasses posters on this board who just can not be reasoned with under any circumstances - which every fanbase has - but I don't give up on people that easy.

Come visit the real world, my friend. We discuss ideas and explore various possibilities, instead of just drawing conclusions ahead of time for team red/team blue. Our own team doesn't always come out on top, because it's not fairy land, but at least we can see what's actually going on around us.

Anyways, leaving the moral angle aside - the allegations, if true, viewed as a benefits case (what the NCAA has jurisdiction over) are much closer to UCONN/Syracuse level than UNC level, imo - so I'd be surprised if there was more than a minor punishment like for those schools. (While UNC should get slaughtered by all rights).

Of course, the NCAA stepped into the business of moral judgements on the Joe Paterno thing, you just never know with those guys.

Last edited:
WTF? We are a high power program. We have the top revenue in basketball and are a significant member of a power 5 conference. How does penalizing UofL help advance the NCAA's "business interest"?
Stop the presses--knuckles and I agree on something this week...

II am wondering if there is any real evidence in this case or all just recounts of a supposed truth.

When a source says Lyle told the truth with a 100 percent that means the source is Lyle himself. He is the only one that knows 100 percent of the truth. That doesn't mean he told the truth it just means he told the reporter he was 100 percent truthful.

It is pretty safe to say something went on the only question was money exchanged from McGee to either the players or performers. If that comes out then that is the real news not this.

Reactions: zipp
I definitely think a postseason ban is on the table, along with a scholarship reduction. I'd like to see all this happen prior to the start of the 2015 season. Just make a decision and get it over with.

Reactions: OneEarWonder
Just curious, why was my post deleted? I wasn't nasty? I was just asking a question? No harm meant. Kerry made a comment that I was interested in examining....that's all.

^^^
Probably because the topics don't need to go that direction. It would be a rather pointless exhibition. There is plenty of juice in the actual topic.

Lyles never played for UofL. The title season and games played are safe.

The NCAA was approached by 'cat' trina powell in March with these allegations.

This is a money grab, plain and simple. She and Andre fell out about something,
and she wrote a tell all book.

UofL will receive probation at the end of the day.
Maybe

I definitely think a postseason ban is on the table, along with a scholarship reduction. I'd like to see all this happen prior to the start of the 2015 season. Just make a decision and get it over with.

Really? Wow. Mr. white flag you are! Too much for you to handle? LOL

Let me guess...another RP should go....maybe even one those along with TJ? :rolleyes:

Reactions: KerryRhodes

Let me guess...another RP should go....maybe even one those along with TJ? :rolleyes:
Agreed. Last thing this country needs is more quitters. You're either in or you're out. This so called scandal (overblown story) is showing the true colors of many.

Reactions: OmegaCard
This is the first time I ever heard of the NCAA giving immunity for testimony, I think you're mistaking them for the FBI. If Lyles or any athlete can turn Someone else in exchange for immunity for committing a violation there would be a huge uproar from all the schools in the NCAA.

When a source says Lyle told the truth with a 100 percent that means the source is Lyle himself. He is the only one that knows 100 percent of the truth. That doesn't mean he told the truth it just means he told the reporter he was 100 percent truthful.

It is pretty safe to say something went on the only question was money exchanged from McGee to either the players or performers. If that comes out then that is the real news not this.
Precisely.

This is the first time I ever heard of the NCAA giving immunity for testimony, I think you're mistaking them for the FBI. If Lyles or any athlete can turn Someone else in exchange for immunity for committing a violation there would be a huge uproar from all the schools in the NCAA.
The NCAA has a history of forgiving a player-related transgression of if the kid tells the truth about the institution involved. I think it's safe to say that Lyle must have sampled the pastry while here on his visit. Whether or not what he did was involved in a violation is irrelevant if he admits to doing it. When in doubt, confess...

Interesting thought. When so many people see the NCAA as questionable in their actions...who steps in to govern them? Make sure they haven't been bought. Or in their terms" how do we know someone there isn't receiving improper benefits?" Inconsistency is usually the first sign something is amiss.

Is it possible that urban schools, or schools more associated with urban success, face stiffer penalties? --FSU, UM, SMU,UofL.

People talk of Denny's decline...but his last 10 yrs were filled with NCAA this and NCAA that.

As far as benefits go...Going to Duke seems to give a recruit a significant advantage at landing a job at ESPN. Going to UK "get's guys in the league". Remember when people complained that coach K was on every CBS commercial during tourney time? How in the world has Alabama been so awesome in football? Duke never did anything wrong in all these years? In such a competitive sport? Fact of the matter I suspect it's easy to cheat if no one is willing to report it or publish books. --That's why this feels sleazy. And as a fan you should be very upset at the system. Not TJ. Not RP. Does this have to do with TJ turning down Texas? You'd be a fool not to ask this question.

Without integrity in the system you have nothing. And the policing agent is one of the worst offenders IMO. Sometimes it looks to me as if they are used to destroy competition rather than keeping the playing field equal.

If whatever U of L provided was a "benefit", why didn't it consistently lead to players committing?

Since the NCAA is purposefully vague in defining do's and dont's, the very essence of the allegation of an extra benefit also needs to be called into question. If there isn't cause-and-effect, is it a real cause?...

This is reality whether you like it or not. It has yet to be proven to what extent the allegations are true, but we know at least part of this is true. Figure out which part that is, and hand down the approriate punishment as soon as possible.

Agreed. Last thing this country needs is more quitters. You're either in or you're out. This so called scandal (overblown story) is showing the true colors of many.
There is no "quitting" as someone who had no involvement with this. There is either accepting it, or denying it. The longer you deny that something shady happened, the longer it's going to take for you to get over it.

This is reality whether you like it or not. It has yet to be proven to what extent the allegations are true, but we know at least part of this is true. Figure out which part that is, and hand down the approriate punishment as soon as possible.

There is no "quitting" as someone who had no involvement with this. There is either accepting it, or denying it. The longer you deny that something shady happened, the longer it's going to take for you to get over it.

Say what you want. But boy you sure did roll over fast. LOL. And I'll also be honest, I always thought your post seemed a little strange. Don't get me wrong, I get the I'm a sensible fan approach....but something seemed off. I do remember you being one of the first mega posters to start prattling off your sensible opinion right after Cal inked down the road.

Say what you want. But boy you sure did roll over fast. LOL. And I'll also be honest, I always thought your post seemed a little strange. Don't get me wrong, I get the I'm a sensible fan approach....but something seemed off. I do remember you being one of the first mega posters to start prattling off your sensible opinion right after Cal inked down the road.
What are you implying - that I'm a UK fan? I have no idea what I said about Calipari 5 years ago. Probably something along the lines of "he's a great fit for UK." Was I wrong?

Suggesting punishment so early as a fan is a little questionable. The NCAA is a bully to some programs. And the only way to address a bully is fighting back. The program is in a fight for sure. This isn't bad because we did anything wrong or out of the normal. This is bad because someone put it out there!

Suggesting punishment so early as a fan is a little questionable. The NCAA is a bully to some programs. And the only way to address a bully is fighting back. The program is in a fight for sure. This isn't bad because we did anything wrong or out of the normal. This is bad because someone put it out there!

Huh?

I don't think this would have come out at other programs. The evidence is pretty weak so far. Just a visiting recruit and there's a party going on. But throw in sex, underage participants, money... another words, sensationalize the story. Then you have something that has the potential to spark moral outrage. Which usually leads to quick reactions. Best defense is to sit tight, do nothing, and stretch it out.

I agree with you Omega completely. Really bothers me that some fans are so quick to throw the book at CRP and the team and take the words of a disgusting hooker mom, an obviously crooked publisher, a shady person connected to the publisher with a Lexington connection, a sleezy IU booster and some former recruit who had his own issues during the time period in question. It's more than obvious that any story that was presented has been blown up and trumped up to take down anyone associated with UofL. There have been more people associated with UofL that were mentioned in that checkout line rag that have loudly denied the claims as completely false. So why bleive the accusers over people we should trust?

None of it makes sense....not if you are a true fan of our team or the people representing it from the administration to our former players to the current players.

Reactions: OmegaCard
I agree with you Omega completely. Really bothers me that some fans are so quick to throw the book at CRP and the team and take the words of a disgusting hooker mom, an obviously crooked publisher, a shady person connected to the publisher with a Lexington connection, a sleezy IU booster and some former recruit who had his own issues during the time period in question. It's more than obvious that any story that was presented has been blown up and trumped up to take down anyone associated with UofL. There have been more people associated with UofL that were mentioned in that checkout line rag that have loudly denied the claims as completely false. So why bleive the accusers over people we should trust?

None of it makes sense....not if you are a true fan of our team or the people representing it from the administration to our former players to the current players.

It's sad when this whole sleazy crap is being aided by our own fans mud slinging.

I suspect around Cal's signing things changed. These sensible posters started coming on board with their ideas of how things are fine in the world of hoops. Just like ESPN says. Anomalies in recruiting,.. no press, no problem. People that disagree get the ole "Tin foil hat" comments. Like these people somehow have the "ESPN" right to say these things about other posters. :) Lets all whole heartedly believe everything the people making money say. --That's the tell. If I was to run an internet campaign that's how I would do it. Get some broke english majors to pretend type things. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, The NCAA with all it's power, could use stats as an indicator for things. Let's attack these SOB's right to exist! Days long gone bye!

Want to be a governing body? What have your done to ensure that with today's technology? What have you done to ensure fairness given your position?

Do statistical anomalies matter to your organization given everything or are you guys solely interested in Hooker tales? Let's get these guys on record!

There is literally nowhere to post on the internet these days. On the national board it's overrun with bums who think it's 100% true. And our homeboard is overrun with fans who believe it's 100% false. The truth lies somewhere in between. The sooner you recognize that, the more painless this will be. The University of Louisville is not fighting the NCAA right now. They're fighting Katina Powell and the people who published that book without the facts or proof to back it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT