ADVERTISEMENT

Lie-yles testimony co-erced by the NCAA

Hiring strippers for entertainment is not against the law. Poor judgment, yes.

If the strippers took money from lyles to perform sex acts, then those two parties,
committed illegal acts.

Nothing to do with UofL.

Reactions: earsky
McGee is the one who killed us here, not the NCAA. They told Lyle that if he told the truth now, he was immune. But if they found out later that he was lying, then he gets hit with penalties. So he told the truth. If the truth was that nothing happened then he would have said that.

McGee is the one who killed us here, not the NCAA. They told Lyle that if he told the truth now, he was immune. But if they found out later that he was lying, then he gets hit with penalties. So he told the truth. If the truth was that nothing happened then he would have said that.
And how do you know that he didn't tell the NCAA what he thought they wanted to hear? That doesn't require a conspiracy theory...

Reactions: WettCat
And how do you know that he didn't tell the NCAA what he thought they wanted to hear? That doesn't require a conspiracy theory...

He told the truth.

The NCAA didnt like what he said, threatened to declare him ineligible.

Changes his testimony.

There you go hank.

He told the truth.

The NCAA didnt like what he said, threatened to declare him ineligible.

Changes his testimony.

There you go hank.

Using my generally well functioning brain, I cannot envision the NCAA coercing someone to dig up dirt on a program that was the feel-good 2013 NCAA champ. Wouldn't the easier thing for the NCAA be that this all went away? I realize anything is possible, but I generally don't like living in tin foil hat land.

Reactions: ALL IN YOUR FACE
Before meeting with the Ncaa, lyles denied everything.

After meeting with the Ncaa, has admitting something.

Yeaaahhhh.

Keep trying SuCkS fans. Bledsoe's grade changes. Phone call to jones by crapiperi.
The $200,000 evidence aganst anthony davi bought and destroyed by SuCkS boosters.

Reactions: Deeva and WettCat
I'm not saying the NCAA wanted to hear bad stuff about U of L. I'm opining whether Lyle THOUGHT that's what they wanted to hear.

According to what I just heard on the Valvano show, a kid in college doesn't get penalized by admitting he took an impermissible benefit. He's told he gets penalized for lying. So why not tell the NCAA you received a benefit whether you did or not? Nothing to lose.

And surely we don't have people here defending the practices and the effectiveness of the NCAA?...

Using my generally well functioning brain, I cannot envision the NCAA coercing someone to dig up dirt on a program that was the feel-good 2013 NCAA champ. Wouldn't the easier thing for the NCAA be that this all went away? I realize anything is possible, but I generally don't like living in tin foil hat land.

Lyles never played for UofL. The title season and games played are safe.

The NCAA was approached by 'cat' trina powell in March with these allegations.

This is a money grab, plain and simple. She and Andre fell out about something,
and she wrote a tell all book.

UofL will receive probation at the end of the day.

I don't see any motivation for Lyle's to lie. NCAA threatening him?? He would not say it happened if it didn't. If it didn't happen to him, then there's no evidence and he can't be punished. In addition saying he took part in this would make him look bad. We don't know what he said or didn't say but these theories some of you have aren't logical

I'm not saying the NCAA wanted to hear bad stuff about U of L. I'm opining whether Lyle THOUGHT that's what they wanted to hear.

According to what I just heard on the Valvano show, a kid in college doesn't get penalized by admitting he took an impermissible benefit. He's told he gets penalized for lying. So why not tell the NCAA you received a benefit whether you did or not? Nothing to lose.

And surely we don't have people here defending the practices and the effectiveness of the NCAA?...

well he may have just opened himself up to a criminal investigation depending on his age and the age of the whores. If the allegations didn't happen and he said they didn't happen, then he should have been safe from both the NCAA and the courts.

I'm not defending the NCAA, but even the dumbest NCAA staff member would realize that finding violations against a member institution is not good for business.

well he may have just opened himself up to a criminal investigation depending on his age and the age of the whores. If the allegations didn't happen and he said they didn't happen, then he should have been safe from both the NCAA and the courts.

I'm not defending the NCAA, but even the dumbest NCAA staff member would realize that finding violations against a member institution is not good for business.
By saying something happened, Lyle didn't admit to anything criminal. He wasn't soliciting prostitutes, and you don't know that he admitted to anything with someone underage. The most likely response would be that "I didn't participate".

And again, I never said that the NCAA wanted to find dirt on U of L. I am saying that you may not have convinced Lyle of that, and he could have simply told them what he thought they wanted to hear. Not much downside in that for Lyle as far as I can tell...

Hiring strippers for entertainment is not against the law. Poor judgment, yes.

If the strippers took money from lyles to perform sex acts, then those two parties,
committed illegal acts.

Nothing to do with UofL.
When the director of basketball operations hires them for recruits it is a MAJOR infraction
I think it is time to quit with the conspiracy theories. Our angst should be pointed at Andre McGee.
And who ever knew about it and supplied him with the $10000, because it wasn't his money.

According to the Parrish article about Lyle's confirmation: a source with knowledge of the NCAA's investigation told CBS Sports on Thursday morning.

"He told the truth," the source said.

I'm not saying that this is 100% not true, but a source is saying this not the NCAA themselves.

I don't see any motivation for Lyle's to lie. NCAA threatening him?? He would not say it happened if it didn't. If it didn't happen to him, then there's no evidence and he can't be punished. In addition saying he took part in this would make him look bad. We don't know what he said or didn't say but these theories some of you have aren't logical
If he went into the interview thinking the NCAA wanted to find dirt, he had nothing to lose by telling them that some of the chicks he saw on his recruiting trip could have been hookers. You don't know WHAT he said anymore than I do.

A logical answer for him would have been "I didn't participate". And even if he said he did participate, the NCAA won't penalize him. If he had a little too much fun with someone here, and he didn't know if they were being paid or not, nothing to lose by saying she could have been a hooker. That's the safest and easiest answer...

Before meeting with the Ncaa, lyles denied everything.

After meeting with the Ncaa, has admitting something.

Yeaaahhhh.

Keep trying SuCkS fans. Bledsoe's grade changes. Phone call to jones by crapiperi.
The $200,000 evidence aganst anthony davi bought and destroyed by SuCkS boosters.
I read the book right after this story broke, and felt that as long as players kept quiet and McGee took his medicine, Louisville might come out of this "ok". Well, apparently someone is talking, McGee has relocated to Mongolia never to be heard from again, and the fit is hitting the shan.

You're trying to distract yourself from the mountain of doom that is raining down on our basketball program with irrelevant UK conspiracies. The University of Kentucky has NOTHING to do with what is going on; so it would behoove you to stop lamenting what you see as "evidence" against them.

I'm so sick, angry, upset and dumbfounded that this has happened at UL. So disappointed that UL's name is even involved in something so dirty and criminal. :mad:

NOTHING has been proven yet.

Allegations are easy to make, hard to prove.

It hasn't been a year since the allegations we're made about Chris 'raping' someone.
It has since been proven false. Some SuCkS fans were 1000% sure Chris did it, and
Coach Pitino knew about it.

Remember, a Chicago newspaper, was set to release the details on anthony davis'
family receiving $200,000 for his services.

Might as well start talking about what type of penalty the NCAA can hand down. It would be nice to know what was actually said by Jaquan Lyle, but he just pulled the linchpin and the wheels are about to fall off.

Powell and Cady had a very obvious reason to lie. I agree with Kerry that the full evidence isn't there yet, but I see no reason for Lyle to lie. If he's saying even half the allegations are true, then it's game over. I'm sure they'll need to hear it from a 2nd source, but this is looking like reality.

By saying something happened, Lyle didn't admit to anything criminal. He wasn't soliciting prostitutes, and you don't know that he admitted to anything with someone underage. The most likely response would be that "I didn't participate".

And again, I never said that the NCAA wanted to find dirt on U of L. I am saying that you may not have convinced Lyle of that, and he could have simply told them what he thought they wanted to hear. Not much downside in that for Lyle as far as I can tell...
Even less "downside" in telling the 100% truth !

You guys have your head so far up your A if you think the NCAA does anything but protect high power programs and business interest. We have a bullseye on our back for sure. Might even be a play to get RP retired and out of the loop. One impression I get of RP is he's always been his own man. And in today's basketball environment there's no room for that. Kind of like Tark the shark. Even coach K finally caved and got with the program (one and done).

Reactions: Cats Gone Wild
You guys have your head so far up your A if you think the NCAA does anything but protect high power programs and business interest. .

I've always seen it this way.

That is why fans need to prepare for some bad news.

The NCAA is acting quickly on this. Look how long they drag their feet with other issues. Still nothing on UNC. They could have a decision on this UofL situation by midnight at the rate they are going.

There was some wrongdoing - to what degree is still a bit unclear. Obviously if the worst is true we deserve whatever is coming. But, to expect any kind of compassion from the NCAA is a bit naive.

Sex sells. We do ourselves no favors with Pitino/Petrino as the HC of our leaders. So we're about to get hit hard.

Do not be surprised if the program puts a one year ban on the program like Syracuse did last year.

You guys have your head so far up your A if you think the NCAA does anything but protect high power programs and business interest. We have a bullseye on our back for sure. Might even be a play to get RP retired and out of the loop. One impression I get of RP is he's always been his own man. And in today's basketball environment there's no room for that. Kind of like Tark the shark. Even coach K finally caved and got with the program (one and done).

WTF? We are a high power program. We have the top revenue in basketball and are a significant member of a power 5 conference. How does penalizing UofL help advance the NCAA's "business interest"?

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT