ADVERTISEMENT

Let's get even better

Guardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Louisville
I just want to tell you guys what I think about all this stuff that has transpired the last 2-3 weeks --

This is a great American university. We have all worked very hard to get it where it is. I graduated from it a million years ago and will continue to be proud of that fact (not the million years but the greatness!!!).

While we do make mistakes, other universities out there make MANY MANY bigger ones. (I won't mention names). We are interested in academic attainment and achievement of our student/athletes. We have a wonderful ethic, and I am very proud of it. This is MY school.

Jim Ramsey has raised this university's level of academic achievement incredibly in his tenure. And it is only the middle of the story.

Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino and Jeff Walz are some of the hardest working, most competent people in their profession that I know. They work hard to continue and to build on the traditions of Denny Crum and Howard Schnellenberger. And of Frank Camp. And Peck Hickman. I know and knew them all.

I don't like this 'piling-on' by the national/local media at all. It has been embarrassing for me. I dearly love this University! We are better than that. We do not deserve this!

What happened with Colburn was unfortunate for him, but he was guaranteed a great future with UofL, which he elected to turn down. That was a non-story from the very beginning. People were trying to pile on Bobby's background. Bobby is TRULY a wonderful friend and did all the right things. God what a coach!

Rick is the smartest MBB coach I know. Period!

With Chris Jones, I actually admire him very very much. How far he came from his tough beginnings. It is tragic what may/must have occurred, and I am so sad. My wife will tell you that I actually literally cried when I heard it.

But RP and TJ had nothing to do with this. Chris was just being Chris...which apparently was not very good some times..

I pray for the best going forward for Chris.

I pray the University offers him the best they can.

This MBB team will do fine. They will do the best they can do with Terry and Trez and Wayne and the whole crew. We have a HOF coach and All-American players. They can go very deep and far.

To the Courier-Journal and USA Today and ESPN and NBC and CBS, quit it! There are about 300 good stories at UofL Sports for every bad one you have managed to dredge up from nowhere!

And to the ACC, we will continue to try to make you proud.

We will continue to get better and better.

Guardman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News