ADVERTISEMENT

Let this sink in

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015

Rick Pitino says Kentucky is the most improved team this season​

Pitino believes the Cats have improved the most since the start of the season.

Jan 19, 2022, 4:38pm EST.

The Kentucky Wildcats are looking like one of the best teams in the country with the way they have played since their loss to Notre Dame. We are starting to see them rise back up the rankings as they now sit at No. 12.

Former Kentucky coach and current Iona Gaels coach Rick Pitino says he watches a lot of college teams play when he has free time, and he is impressed with the Cats.

On Wednesday, Pitino took to Twitter to give his thoughts on which teams are poised for a potential Final Four run, and that list included the Cats.

Some things are just so hard to let go .Camelot but we have those yearning for his return . He can give a *** about U of L .He don't love you !

And i know what some of you are going too say LOL.

They did beat a decent Tennessee team at Rupp last weekend, but they scheduled a bunch of wins pre conference. They were in a fight last night against a team that hit 1-22 from 3 and 38% from the line. Kentucky is better than last year but their SOS is much weaker.

Itbis true, UK dominated UT, but were fortunate to prevail at A&M last night.
It was an interesting finish; as it was either a 2 or 3 point lead in the last several minutes, and A&M had possession of the ball when Buzz Williams called timeout 3 consecutive trips but failed to execute anything remotely close to justifying a time out.

My honest assessment not being a rival fan . I've seen UK enough and plenty of other teams this year and they are not a final four caliber team nope. UK has had plenty of other teams with way better talent than this one. AS the OP noted they had a losing season so their bar ain't that high. Not too mention BC beat ND whom beat the most improved team in CBB. Rick is full of you know what. They getting alot of run off this Tennesse team. Just watch them they are way overated.

Nobody said they were a final four team they said they were the most improved team and like someone else pointed out they only won 9 games last year. I agree they are not a FF team they are not even close.

There is no super team this year. It’s up for grabs which makes our current predicament even more frustrating.

Pitino's compliments will raise expectations with the UK fanbase. Probably the last thing Calipari wanted to hear. It's kind of funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Mayoman
RP is as full of isht as the Christmas turkey. A man who, at one time, saw the sCat for what they are and now he’s wanting to kiss their arse. I thought he had more pride than that.

RP is as full of isht as the Christmas turkey. A man who, at one time, saw the sCat for what they are and now he’s wanting to kiss their arse. I thought he had more pride than that.
Well, Rick left the kitties on his own volition. He was kicked out of town here. Wouldn’t take much for him to say “leaving UK was probably the worst career decision I ever made”. Kitties would lap that up…

One thing we could try to do going forward is make it obvious for The Master that U of L is one of THOSE teams instead of heading up the list of most disappointing teams/programs.

It's easy taking potshots at U of L when we are this badly mismanaged...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT