ADVERTISEMENT

LB Jaylin Alderman and OL Luke Burgess Into Portal

What the heck?. I feel for the coaches that are trying to maintain programs. This is why I’ll never give a penny to NIL. They can choke on it as far as I’m concerned. I’m tired of it and we’re only a couple years in.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
That’s kind of the culture now and we need to get used to it.

Like the OAD stuff we hated, this is our only way of competing with the big dogs as a non-traditional team in the ACC. When you build a team in transfers, the culture is built by guys who have moved around. It’s not what we may like, but it’s how we’re going to increase the talent level.

Also, we’re early in Brohm’s tenure so he still doesn’t have his recruits he’s brought in to establish a culture where we don’t rely on transfers. This 2024 class isn’t even all fully here yet and they’re really his first class of guys he wanted to come in. Yes we’ll lose some over time, but we have to realize a lot of these guys are transfers.

Alderman was brought in by Satt and honestly he was an App State type guy that we took a chance on. He’s done well, but this wasn’t the staff that brought him in. Burgess stayed with Brohm, but again he was recruited by the other staff.

It’s going to be a little weird until Brohm establishes the culture of his guys and that doesn’t happen overnight, until get there.

Long term you’ll see a good core group of Brohm recruits that he brought in and stayed 3-5 years that are the foundation surrounded by the top transfers we’ll be bringing in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT