ADVERTISEMENT

Lance to transfer.

HRTheCard

1500+
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2016

and

So apparently it didn't matter who the coach was going to be.

Mack and Co. did offer a guy today that could reclass so connecting the dots, could be interesting.

Guess he figures with the new offense 4 out 1 in. He more than likely felt he had no chance of contributing. So i guess he lacks a bit of confidence from the go.

Without knowing the specifics as to why he's decided to transfer, it's hard to weigh in. I wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Supposedly Mack plays a lot of 4 handlers, 1 big. If that’s the case, well, Thomas is down on the totem pole.

Not surprised, but I still don't get a player leaving that has a great chance to show up and earn quality playing time. It isn't like he is buried on the bench this year. What an opportunity for him. I guess he felt he wasn't a good fit with Mack. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

4 year players are a thing of the past.

We need bodies, so it sucks he's leaving. But, he wasn't very good.

Don’t know if playing in 12 games is a good indication of his ability. He was a 4 star recruit and in the top 130 players in 2017.

I have eyes. I know what I saw in him. Rivals had him a 3*, fwiw.

I’m not being negative toward Mack but this doesn’t make a whole lot of sense when you don’t really have a bench. How could he not play if somebody gets hurt or gets in foul trouble?

Mack didn’t expect him to leave. He had no intention of leaving either but then just changed his mind before summer term

If wants to leave, then goodbye.
show-me-a-guy-whos-afraid-to-look-bad.jpg

Mack didn’t expect him to leave. He had no intention of leaving either but then just changed his mind before summer term
No your first post implied he wasn’t good enough to make rotation when it’s obvious they need depth. Your 2nd post is not any better because it says Mack couldn’t convince him to stay even though it was apparent that ample playing time should be available.

This stuff works both ways...

The sad reality is if we got a commitment from a guy of the quality of Lance Thomas, it would be "woo-hoo!" It's Mack's job to recruit guys of that caliber at this point and to retain the ones we have. And if he's accepting $350,000 per month, the clock on that has already started...

Reactions: TDredbird
I don't disagree, but I thought Mack was supposed to mitigate some or a lot of that? What are we getting for our $4 million??

This makes the 2019 class more important. It was the bigger issue anyhow aince 2018 recruiting was pretty much done when Mack was hired.

Reactions: wilkie01
Its been stated on Twitter that has intended to transfer since October. Not sure if that's true, but its out there.

I would rather he stayed, if nothing more than the simple fact that he's an athletic, big body. Obviously we didn't see enough of Lance to form an educated opinion on him, nor do we know if/how Mack could have developed him.

I find it weird that he would all the sudden transfer due to anything with Coach Mack. Granted I've never met him but from what I can read and tell his practices and his mentality is very Pitino-esque. He's very militant and runs and a hard nosed, detail oriented program - like Rick. So if he agreed to come play for Rick, it would seem to me at least that he would be fine playing for Coach Mack even more-so because Mack seems way more down to earth, personable and easier to get along with than Rick ever was.

So I would say that Lance is just looking to distance himself from everything and get a fresh start. Can't say I blame him and I can't say that we have fans should really have an opinion either way about his departure. If I were to make a guess, I would say his departure will have little to no impact on Louisville....but who knows.

Reactions: HRTheCard
No your first post implied he wasn’t good enough to make rotation when it’s obvious they need depth. Your 2nd post is not any better because it says Mack couldn’t convince him to stay even though it was apparent that ample playing time should be available.

They play a lot 4 guards and 1 big. He’s 3rd on our big man list. That’s the first post covered. I did not do what you said. Lance wanted to stay. Everyone thought he was staying. All players were staying. Then, Lance went home before the summer term next week and had a family convo and decided it was best to transfer. It’s pretty clear to me that he had some people in his family guide him to transfer. That’s the only explanation with the timeline. This would’ve happened a month ago if it was because of Mack. Nothing Mack did or didn’t do. There’s the second post.

As far as Mack's concerned, nothing matters but wins and losses. He can have four guys on the team as long as they compete. Lance Thomas doesn't matter.

If we miss the tourney, just don't remind me about young Lance. By that time, Mack will have banked $4 million. There need to results anytime someone is collecting that much coin when no one else was offering to pay him that...

As far as Mack's concerned, nothing matters but wins and losses. He can have four guys on the team as long as they compete. Lance Thomas doesn't matter.

If we miss the tourney, just don't remind me about young Lance. By that time, Mack will have banked $4 million. There need to results anytime someone is collecting that much coin when no one else was offering to pay him that...
Jeff Goodman‏Verified account@GoodmanESPN
Georgetown put out strong feelers to Xavier's Chris Mack at $4 million per year, source told ESPN. Mack staying... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0639547904662443374-4…

12:35 PM - 31 Mar 2017

Reactions: Cue Card
Russ lit up my eyes as a soph in Koruppt Arena when he took it to them while the rest of the team played afraid. And it only got better from there.
If you go back and read the posts, this is about their freshman year. Both played less than 20 games and averaged 2.2 points. A poster said that meant Lance Thomas was a scrub. My point was that some players mature later given the right opportunity.

If you go back and read the posts, this is about their freshman year. Both played less than 20 games and averaged 2.2 points. A poster said that meant Lance Thomas was a scrub. My point was that some players mature later given the right opportunity.
And you, wittingly or unwittingly, diverted it to Russ' junior and senior season. Other than that, we are in TOTAL agreement. I just wanted to point out that Russ had a very good year as a sophomore.

I don't disagree, but I thought Mack was supposed to mitigate some or a lot of that? What are we getting for our $4 million??

Zipp we've gone circles on this before. I see your POV regarding salary/inevitability of bad years so go hire your guy after the storm clears. But we didn't go that cost savings route, we made a hire. So, we just have to let the cake bake, to use that oft-used metaphor.

Reactions: Mayoman
Russ lit up my eyes as a soph in Koruppt Arena when he took it to them while the rest of the team played afraid. And it only got better from there.

Man, I remember that. Dude was fearless going to the hoop while everyone else was scared to death. Man I miss Russ. Those teams had so much heart, it's a &*&#*)&*&)@ tragedy that this era has been smeared by those ugly nasty stanky skank trick-ass ho's that no one in reality gave a damn about.

Well, I'll add no one else worth a damn. And he wouldn't get to coast at $350,000 per month regardless. It's about results...

Wow....shifting those goal posts once again.

Is the acceptable analysis standard one month, 2 months or 3 months now? Or is it 1, 2 or 3 years? IDK, asking for a friend.

How long would Donovan, Wright, or _______ fill in the blank HC get?

How do you justify Pitino's last years salary based on his results?

Just for shines and giggles....what were his results? in your mind? Please enlighten us mere mortals. This spin ought to be good.

If CCM isn't able to fill out the schollies this year, then it would seem like a good idea to go ahead and nip the scholarship reductions punishment in the bud next season. At least that would be taken care of and they wouldn't have to worry about it in future seasons.

People calm down their is still a late summer recruiting pool to get some bodys. Players that are waiting on grades , didn't get drafted etc it's not over just yet. Coach will get a couple of players watch and see.

Wow....shifting those goal posts once again.

Is the acceptable analysis standard one month, 2 months or 3 months now? Or is it 1, 2 or 3 years? IDK, asking for a friend.

How long would Donovan, Wright, or _______ fill in the blank HC get?

How do you justify Pitino's last years salary based on his results?

Just for shines and giggles....what were his results? in your mind? Please enlighten us mere mortals. This spin ought to be good.
Pitino made 25% more U of L money last year than Mack did. He had two national championships and about a half dozen Final Fours. Mack hasn't scratched any of that.

I don't know that an elite coach would be spinning his wheels like Mack is at this point. Would Wright or Donovan bring recruits in immediately? We know that Mack isn't.

And that was the main issue Mack's defenders were giving a few months ago for needing to dump Padgett immediately and not retaining him or bringing in a short term guy like Davenport. If I'm not getting that, why did I hire Mack?

Of course, I didn't hire him or feel compelled to. This guy did...

schnatter%20%20tyra%20-%20reduced%20size_zpszibsmtu1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT