ADVERTISEMENT

Lachlan downplaying

REDBEASTFURRY

Getting the Hang of It
Mar 6, 2015
Lach had the nerve to hate on the Cards and Virgina, as if Louisville came back to hit a lucky shot too win. It's killing me how everyone only sees that shot, and not giving credit for Louisville winning the game the entire time. it was Virgina who was the lucky one to even been in it at the end.

I haven't listened to WHAS since he took over the sports show in the evenings. He has added nothing to the sports dialog in the region. I would be glad for him leaving if I was planning on ever listening to WHAS again.
Originally posted by REDBEASTFURRY:
Lach had the nerve to hate on the Cards and Virgina, as if Louisville came back to hit a lucky shot too win. It's killing me how everyone only sees that shot, and not giving credit for Louisville winning the game the entire time. it was Virgina who was the lucky one to even been in it at the end.

Who cares.

Some of you whiny, red-colored goggles fans that freak out every time someone doesn't worship your team the way you feel they deserve are unbearable.

I had LM torqued up on email last week about the defense Louisville is and was playing. He was all twisted around patting himself on the back because Rick admitted that he needed to make some changes. And LM claims that Pitino was simply realizing what LM had been saying all along--that Rick's defensive system needs to be simplified for freshmen.

If you carefully listened, Pitino admitted nothing of the sort. He said that THIS TEAM needed things simplified to be more successful, in large part because of Jones' dismissal. And I quoted Howie last week penning the same thing on the premium board. Then LM shut up about it, although I did hear him bring it up again to Eric Crawford during the 8 o'clock hour last nite.

The guy's got some kinda inferiority complex and has to be proven right. If he's not over-analyzing Tiger Woods, he's trying to tell a guy paid a hundred times more than he is how to coach. We should have a moving day party when he finally hits the road...

Originally posted by DerVille:
Who cares.

Some of you whiny, red-colored goggles fans that freak out every time someone doesn't worship your team the way you feel they deserve are unbearable.
Obviously, you do. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded to this thread. What's unbearable is those people who act like they're above it all, when in fact they're just like the rest of us whiners.

Lachlan will be off the air in May as he's moving to Charlotte to be a stay home dad. No reason to ever listen to Whas ever again as they have just renewed their contract with UK. There are much better options to get your sports talk fix.

Lachlan tries to stir the pot and air what he can for ratings. Do not like listening to him and rarely do.

I've been told that Lachlan will not be replaced with a local show. My guess is that they have another off his rocker political idiot. Heck, I'd rather they move up that tin foil hat Coast to Coast guy.

Really? Who told you that? I heard they're getting another sports guy. That slot has always been sports.

Originally posted by Knucklehank1:
I've been told that Lachlan will not be replaced with a local show. My guess is that they have another off his rocker political idiot. Heck, I'd rather they move up that tin foil hat Coast to Coast guy.Wouldn't surprise me. National programming is less expensive and the way to go unless it's sports related.

Some of you guys like the Mike & Mikes and Jim Romes. But local sports shows will always outdistance national shows.

WHAS and CC are simply conceding another chunk of the old empire.

"Elite program", my a$$...

A part of the original agreement years ago allowed the in state U of L Network to grow on CC stations. Up until that time, stations outside of Louisville were "independent" in their coverage of U of L. With that agreement, U of L gained access to stations in both Lexington and Cincinnati.

So while UK "bought" primary coverage on WHAS (of which relatively few people listen to AM any more), U of L picked up not only WKRD in Louisville, but more than 10 other stations. Those stations generally are not sports stations, but do carry both Men's BB and FB, as well as the respective coach's shows.

I think Tom did a good job on this one, especially for those of us outside of Jefferson Co.

UofL Radio Network Affiliates
WHAS 840 AM - Louisville, Ky. (Flagship)
WKRD 790 AM - Louisville, Ky.
WCKY 1530 AM - Cincinnati, Ohio
WMKJ 105.5 FM - Lexington, Ky.
WSFC 1240 AM - Somerset, Ky.
WKYW 1490 AM - Frankfort, Ky.
WLVK 105.5 FM - Elizabethtown, Ky.
WYMC 1430 AM - Mayfield, Ky.
WXCM 97.1 FM - Owensboro, Ky.
WPAD 1560 AM - Paducah, Ky.
WXLR 104.9 FM - Pikeville, Ky.
WCCK 95.7 FM - Calvert City, Ky.
WKDO 98.7 FM - Liberty, Ky.