ADVERTISEMENT

Kroger selling a UK T shirt for $5.00

You realize, of course: We've beaten you guys so much, that now you can only take joy in us losing to someone else. I firmly believe you guys have gotten more joy out of either one of us going to the NIT or us losing to Wisconsin than you did for winning it all.

You realize, of course: We've beaten you guys so much, that now you can only take joy in us losing to someone else. I firmly believe you guys have gotten more joy out of either one of us going to the NIT or us losing to Wisconsin than you did for winning it all.
LOL..just laugh at the 40-0 hype every year. Teams in the end with upper classman expose UK in the end

Reactions: pervisl

Completely bogus argument. If this statement were true, then Cat fans would take no pleasure in our loss to Michigan State. We all know they did.

We take joy in Cardinal victories, and we have a good laugh at the mindless acts of UK FANS.
Consider these:
  • Calling Calipari the dirtiest coach in college basketball, until he becomes the coach at UK
  • 40-0 t-shirts and tattoos before the 2013-14 season and the 2014-15 season started
  • licking Devin Booker's car
What person in his/her right mind does these things? What person in his/her right mind would NOT look at these things and say WTF?

The loss to Wisconsin and the NIT trip were such big deals because of all of the CRAP you guys spoke before they happened.
I guess you don't realize that there is a big difference between saying to your fellow UK friends "With this roster, we could go 40-0," and boasting to people you don't know, "Yeah, baby: its gonna be 40-0 this year and championship number 9. We are gonna be the greatest ever," or "We are gonna win back to back National Championships" (i.e. 2012 and 2013)
The big difference is, if you are gonna boast like that, you gotta back it up. Even though your team hasn't backed up your expectations, you don't quit talking crap. Instead, you get mad at people who point out that so much of your boasting isn't true. You call them "jealous" and "haters," for pointing out the truth.

What makes it worse is that you think we should enjoy your company when you do these things. The truth is, any person who is single-minded in conversation, whether they only talk about their sports team, Minecraft, Game of Thrones, comic books, climate change, etc, is an extremely unpleasant person to be around. Their schtick gets really old really fast. Now, talking with people that you have something in common with is different. Usually, the commonality (i.e. both being fans of the same school) gets the conversation started.

On the other hand. meeting other Louisville fans here is a great thing because it starts the conversation, which leads to discussions about other things; favorite beer, jobs, kids, books you read, ideas you heard, etc.

Lastly, you expect us to get into a conversation about things that are totally outside of your control. I am 5ft 9in and in my mid-forties, so I have no expectation that, somehow, I can make Louisville win the National Championship in any sport this season. I can and do support them in their efforts by purchasing stuff to benefit the school, going to games when I am in town or if they are in town. But, when it comes down to it, the games are played by some very young adults, who are not long out of high school. No boasting is going to change this fact. If they win a National Championship, I will take joy in it. Whether or not they do, I will still raise my two children, go to work in the morning, come home after work, do stuff with friends who are fans of other teams, and talk about lots of other things with them and avoid single-minded, boorish behavior.

I need to get off my soap box.

Last edited:
Reactions: ACCCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT