ADVERTISEMENT

Keyon Menifield, 6'1" Guard - Update To Arkansas

10 ppg and 3 assists per game are not exactly gawdy numbers. I wouldn't drop a ton of NIL $$$$$$ on getting him..

Very hard to follow recruiting, especially when your program is in the toilet. Even during those good times it was annoying. So it really comes down to how seriously you're going to take all this. If you ride that roller coaster for each target you're going to pull your hair out. A lot of people out on Twitter want to be the first to get it right so there are rumors everywhere. To be clear I really appreciate all these Twitter updates because it's good to hear some things for sure and know who the staff is targeting.

Just going to wait until the portal closes and see what they come up with.

Very hard to follow recruiting, especially when your program is in the toilet. Even during those good times it was annoying. So it really comes down to how seriously you're going to take all this...
100% agree although I don't discourage anyone who wants to participate. I can't expend the effort when I feel the results are almost baked in beforehand...

Recruiting has always been hard to follow but when guys-girls are entering the portal for NIL deals there is no way to know why they really choose their school. This one sounds like Arkansas offered a better NIL deal.

I do think there is a money ball level of analysis that needs to happen. You have
to identify guys that fit your defensive and offensive schemes. There is enough data to identify players. You have to identify the best fits based off their NIL demands.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
FWIW I've heard Jeff Walz talk about recruiting in the NIL world...

He says that when the decision reduces to U of L and another school, 90% of time it comes down to which school is paying more money. There's apparently no strategic fit or long term planning involved.

That also applies to keeping the kids you have...

100% agree although I don't discourage anyone who wants to participate. I can't expend the effort when I feel the results are almost baked in beforehand...
It's for sure good to know who is on the team. But when you have literally thousands of players in a transfer portal who the F knows who is going where, who is in the lead, etc. But there is good info out there, for sure. I seem to recall a lot of people saying Clark was a lock to come here, and they were right. But I also seem to recall a lot of people saying the player in this thread was a lock too, and he is off to Arky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT