ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Mendoza Commits

For the last several years, Stoops and UK have enjoyed success bringing in large athletic Offensive Lineman that explains their ability to establish an effective running game.

I may be mistaken, but this signing of Mendoza marks the first time that UL has pulled a top OL target coveted by Stoops and UK.

Great work Jeff; keep it up!

Physically Louisville stood up to most everyone this year including UK. FSU and NC State were the only games where the offensive line got handled.

I would prefer a good chunk of NIL go to the big uglies. You have no shot without them. I like what they are doing on both fronts.

Oline is a concern going into next year. Burgess and Sanker hopefully are ready.

Dline this could be a really deep group going into 2024. No stars but really solid rotation with some talented young guys. They have the size to hold up.

Reactions: vivid_red
For the last several years, Stoops and UK have enjoyed success bringing in large athletic Offensive Lineman that explains their ability to establish an effective running game.

I may be mistaken, but this signing of Mendoza marks the first time that UL has pulled a top OL target coveted by Stoops and UK.

Great work Jeff; keep it up!
I don’t think Stoop’s lineman were any bigger than Louisville’s (They had the 1 huge D lineman). We out gained them pretty handedly this year, but I do think Offensive Lineman will be the difference in Louisville a playoff team or Louisville not a playoff team. Not that it relates to a UK comparison.

My reference was to the time UK was dominating us during the last Petrino year and the Satterfield era. The size advantage that UK enjoyed was significant, particularly given our undersized DL during that same time period.

Reactions: RealStateBird
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT