ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Shelley To Arkansas

Good lord the kid was always going to ARK

Joe Tipton,

2024 Top-50 recruit Jalen Shelley tells me he will take an official visit to Arkansas on September 8th. The 6-8 small forward unofficially visited the Razorbacks last year.

Good lord the kid was always going to ARK

Joe Tipton,

2024 Top-50 recruit Jalen Shelley tells me he will take an official visit to Arkansas on September 8th. The 6-8 small forward unofficially visited the Razorbacks last year.
Who are the Cards in on for next year's class? I've genuinely not heard of anyone seriously considering UofL.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
The issue with the 2024 class is this. He has no schollies to give. If tylaur ends up eligible and with robinson already commited. He has no more schollies. Remember, JJ has 2 more years of eligibility left

The issue with the 2024 class is this. He has no schollies to give. If tylaur ends up eligible and with robinson already commited. He has no more schollies. Remember, JJ has 2 more years of eligibility left
That's a good point. Hopefully he is in on at least a few kids because no telling who will leave after one season anymore. Could be no one and could be 3/4 of your team.

This really is a make or break season for Payne. If he does really badly again, even if he gets a 3rd season, it'll hurt his chances of landing elite talent even more.

He really screwed himself over with that dismal first season. Gave every coach recruiting against him ammunition for why prospects shouldn’t go to Louisville. He will have to do more with less to overcome that obstacle.

Like a poster said there is no room as of right now especially at the forward spot. No idea what the turnover will be at the end of the year. There are only a couple of NBA prospects and none are projected in 1st or 2nd round.

Next year holes will be filled with transfers if things go well.

Like a poster said there is no room as of right now especially at the forward spot. No idea what the turnover will be at the end of the year. There are only a couple of NBA prospects and none are projected in 1st or 2nd round.

Next year holes will be filled with transfers if things go well.
If things do go well I hope Payne gets better at navigating the portal. He seemed either unwilling or unable to get much out of the portal especially in terms of quality experience and no grad transfers.

Listening to KP he keeps saying he is building a program. He has a roster full of guys that could potentially return which fits his message. We can argue if that is smart or dumb in this environment but that is his plan.

He did land 3 really good transfers they just weren’t veteran guys. Keep in mind the NCAA fully enforcing the 1 time transfer rule so these transfers either go pro or stay. Getting young talented transfers maybe the next wave instead of veteran guys. Now you keep them in the program longer. The one time transfer rule will slow down transfers.

Listening to KP he keeps saying he is building a program. He has a roster full of guys that could potentially return which fits his message. We can argue if that is smart or dumb in this environment but that is his plan.

He did land 3 really good transfers they just weren’t veteran guys. Keep in mind the NCAA fully enforcing the 1 time transfer rule so these transfers either go pro or stay. Getting young talented transfers maybe the next wave instead of veteran guys. Now you keep them in the program longer. The one time transfer rule will slow down transfers.
Is that rule finally going to be followed by the NCAA this upcoming season? If so it helps what KP wants to do.

Hard to say but they took some hard positions on some football guys. Guys that I don’t think they would have done in the past.

The rule now allows 1 time transfer or you risk having to sit out which all the coaches wanted. Now it has to be applied evenly which has been a challenge for the NCAA and its members. I understand why North Carolina is mad but you can’t have it both ways.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT