ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Plummer

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
As the college football season gets closer, more and more pre season lists are coming out from football pundits and of course, there always seems to be those who seemingly forget or just plain disregard Louisville football and its players.

I just saw two top QB lists, one was top 35 and the other was top 40, and Cards starter Jack Plummer was nowhere to be seen. Some of the QB's in the lists are first time starters including redshirt freshmen.

Plummer had a very good season last year even though his team didn't and he's an experienced starter who transferred to a team with a QB guru head coach, yet he can't make a top 40 QB list?

It never seems to end.

Reactions: rh62531
We do win. That's the point. Louisville football is known for successful QB's that win football games.

When coming up with these lists, Louisville should be one of the teams automatically looked at with the QB position.

So either that didn't happen or they don't think too much of Plummer, despite his career stats.

47 touchdowns and 19 Interceptions. Threw for over 3,000 yards last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cards1261
We do win. That's the point. Louisville football is known for successful QB's that win football games.

When coming up with these lists, Louisville should be one of the teams automatically looked at with the QB position.

So either that didn't happen or they don't think too much of Plummer, despite his career stats.

47 touchdowns and 19 Interceptions. Threw for over 3,000 yards last season.
Who cares what they say. Plummer has a chance to shut everyone up this fall.

Reactions: Bardman
Obviously, I care. And so do a lot of other people. You don't need to explain that by winning games, it will prove them wrong. That goes without saying.

The point is it doesn't make sense that Plummer wasn't included in these top QB lists. Why is what I'm interested in.

Plummer will have his chance to make his mark. If he doesn’t, the QB room has several other options.

I read somewhere were Brohm’s teams connect on almost 7 out of every 10 pass attempts. That’s exciting!

Most the lists are pretty lazy and probably include a few "game managers" for higher profile programs that have more recent team success. He is a transfer from a very bad program also, though his #'s were good and he's entering a good situation.

I'm not sure just guessing, maybe you could share the lists you have seen and we can take a closer look at it.

Reactions: bigloucards
As the college football season gets closer, more and more pre season lists are coming out from football pundits and of course, there always seems to be those who seemingly forget or just plain disregard Louisville football and its players.

I just saw two top QB lists, one was top 35 and the other was top 40, and Cards starter Jack Plummer was nowhere to be seen. Some of the QB's in the lists are first time starters including redshirt freshmen.

Plummer had a very good season last year even though his team didn't and he's an experienced starter who transferred to a team with a QB guru head coach, yet he can't make a top 40 QB list?

It never seems to end.
I saw yesterday that he is on the watch list for the Maxwell Award. That is the only time I have seen him mentioned period!

I saw that too. I think a lot of media pundits simply ignore him because he's at Louisville. Had he transferred to Tennessee or Auburn or Penn State, he wouldn't be ignored.

But the Maxwell award ignored the media pundits or he would not have been nominated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT