It's official: I'm on the move to 790

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
It's official: I'm on the move to 790

Thank you all for your patience as I was bound by contract to not say anything until the move was announced officially. That happened at Noon today.

Last Monday, I gave my two weeks notice at 93.9 because I'd been offered the morning host spot at 790 WKRD. Rather than extend the show these final two weeks, ESPN Louisville decided to part ways that afternoon, and I completely understood.

As of March 1, I will be taking over the morning drive show, 7-10 a.m. on the new and improved 790 WKRD. I will continue to edit and post on this web site as I have been doing for more than a decade now.

iHeart Radio (formerly ClearChannel) brought in new management and has returned its focus to local radio, specifically University of Louisville coverage on WKRD. As their first hire, I am hopeful and excited about this new direction.

Our morning show will be locally-focused, topical and fun. I'll have a number of different guests joining me each day with Katie George and Matt Willinger in studio as regular co-hosts, the Voice of the Cardinals Paul Rogers stopping in as well as a number of different regular guests like Jack Coffee, Russ Brown, Mike Singer, Steve Jones, Jeff Greer, Igor Guryashkin, Paul Sykes, Alex Kupper, Perrin Johnson and many others.

In addition, the station is launching a new 12-3 show run by Nick Coffey of The Cardinal Connect. We will also be part of a lineup that includes The Afternoon Underdogs with Tony and Dave and game broadcasts for Louisville football and men's and women's basketball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News