ADVERTISEMENT

It was premature - My Bad. Season Outlook.

If this is our roster. How many games do we win?

• 25+

• 20-24

• 18-19

• 16-17

• 14-15

• 12-13

• 10-11

• Less than 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

EKYCard643

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
twitter.com
I personally feel about as good as i can with this staff to land Mgbako. He made it out of the other 3 visits without committing and he's at least scheduled to make it here this weekend and made that info public - which seems to be a big deal with the kid. Assuming he makes it to UofL - you have to like our chances. Also, the portal closes on Thursday May 11th...before MMs visit and before we'll know for sure if he commits so it seems unlikely someone like JJ is going to hit the portal and that if we land MM - that's our roster.

I think the sort of roster this staff has built - CAN - work and if it does can be absolutely dominant. But I think there's also a much higher chance of failure and your seasons either being really great or really terrible. A bigger issue is whether or not this staff can actually coach and develop such an unconventional roster to win at a high level. There's probably more high end potential on this roster than any we've seen decades. Evans, White, Flowers, Skyy, BHH, MM - all NBA caliber players. But we don't even know how this staff will use them or what rotations they'll likely play. I mean the staff has forced me to basically change the way I view rosters now. Essentially I'm going to label everyone but Skyy a Guard or Wing with what I think is their primary position listed first.

C - Dennis Evans
C - Emmanuel Okorafor
PF/C - Brandon Huntly-Hatfield
PF/Wing - McKenzie Mgbako
PF - J.J. Traynor
PF - Danilo Jovanovich
PF/Wing - Kaleb Glenn
Wing/G - Curtis Williams
G/Wing - Trentyn Flowers
Wing/G - Tre White
Wing/G - Koron Davis
Wing/G - Mike James
PG/G - Skyy Clark
G - Hercy Miller
G/Wing - Zan Payne

If this is our final roster, how do we feel about it? Its the youngest roster I can remember any school every assembling and that includes UK. You sort of have to throw out the classifications because guys like Skyy, Danilo and Okorafor are going to be listed as Sophomores but are essentially all Freshman. If you don't look at what class they're in and just go by minutes played:

McKenzie Mgbako - 0
Kaleb Glenn - 0
Curtis Williams - 0
Trentyn Flowers - 0
Dennis Evans - 0
Koron Davis - 0
Danilo Jovanovich - 2
Emmanuel Okorafor - 74
JJ Traynor - 1,161
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield - 1,054
Mike James - 993
Tre White - 881
Skyy Clark - 318

So our starting lineup - (at least what I think) will be:
BHH
Mgbako
White
James
Skyy

It puts our best player on the court - MM - and 4 guys with experience around him. Evans will likely take a while to acclimate and get in cardio shape so I don't expect him to start. Flowers could start but I just don't see the staff bringing White or James off the bench. I think the staff will try to use Koron Davis initially but likely shrink the rotation down to 8 guys: BHH, MM, White, James, Sky, Evans, Flowers, JJ with some Kaleb Glenn sprinkled in and Koron Davis for maybe 5-6 mins a game. Danilo will never see the court and I just don't see a path for Curtis Williams ever getting on the court unless he's just the surprise of the Summer.

So if this is our roster - and I feel like the vibe on here feels like it might be our final roster. What's our win total?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News