ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a game tonite?

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Lol.

Anybody know who's on the mound for us?

Break out the parkas and the bourbon! Time to exact a little...

GO CARDS!!!

Originally posted by earsky:

Lol.

Anybody know who's on the mound for us?

Break out the parkas and the bourbon! Time to exact a little...

GO CARDS!

The word Im getting is Rogers gets the ball for a second chance at uk. I know it would be nice to throw a new arm at them but J-Rog wants to beat uk and will come out with a chip after the last outing against them. Plus getting him all the work we can only helps in the long run.

I too wish that we had gone to someone else. Rogers didn't pitch bad going 3.1 innings, striking out 6 and allowing 3 runs.

Cards had 4 errors tonight. I hate to say this but I'm starting to believe what another poster had said previously, I just don't think Dan really cares about the UK-UL rivalry...
This post was edited on 4/15 9:16 PM by nccardfan

Not to mention, 2 passed balls that allowed the Cats to take a 4-2 lead in the top of the 9th. Of course, it didn't matter since we lost but it was 3-2.

Originally posted by nccardfan:

Not to mention, 2 passed balls that allowed the Cats to take a 4-2 lead in the top of the 9th. Of course, it didn't matter since we lost but it was 3-2.

The error on the pop up to third before the passed balls would've been the third out.

Errors did this team in tonight.

Your right but cant help but think if we go to the bottom of 9 down by 1, that runner on 3rd with 1 out would/could have changed the whole approach at the plate and put all the pressure on the opposing pitcher.

About the Passed Balls, I thought Sean Moth said we had 3 of them. I believe utility freshman Will Smith was catching when they occurred. I love Will and think he is a talented kid and already a dangerous hitter but why was he playing Catcher when we have 2 experience and great fielding catchers on the roster with Shane Crain and Kyle Gibson? Was one or both of them injured?

I'm sure the passed balls were due to the lack of communication and time spent together between the Pitchers and Will Smith but it would have been nice to not experiment against our bitter rival and the 19th ranked team in the country. Just wondering why if anyone knows.

Louisvillian,

I have wondered the same thing. Smith has been doing more catching lately and I don't think Crain and Gibby are hurt. All 3 have similar stats, with Crain and Gibby both near .300. Really, I think what Dan is doing is trying to give Smith some plate experience. Both Crain and Gibson are seniors. Crain replaced Smith in the top of the 9th and actually had the 2 passed balls in the 9th. Smith had a passed ball earlier in the game.

Also the error that was made at 3rd base last night in the 9th was made by a freshman Striegel who has only 5 AB's this season. However, he has 3 errors???? Don't think that was an ideal situation, down 3-2 in the top of the 9th to replace Chittenden?
This post was edited on 4/16 11:57 AM by nccardfan

Louisvillian,

I have wondered the same thing. Smith has been doing more catching lately and I don't think Crain and Gibby are hurt. All 3 have similar stats, with Crain and Gibby both near .300. Really, I think what Dan is doing is trying to give Smith some plate experience. Both Crain and Gibson are seniors. Crain replaced Smith in the top of the 9th and actually had the 2 passed balls in the 9th. Smith had a passed ball earlier in the game.

Also the error that was made at 3rd base last night in the 9th was made by a freshman Striegel who has only 5 AB's this season. However, he has 3 errors???? Don't think that was an ideal situation, down 3-2 in the top of the 9th to replace Chittenden?
This post was edited on 4/16 11:57 AM by nccardfan
Thanks for the info NC. I didn't realize Crain had 2 of the passed balls. All in all just a bad night and it always sucks to lose to UK in anything and we seem to be doing a lot of it lately with higher ranked Baseball, Mens Basketball and Womens Basketball teams.

GO CARDS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT