ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Insider Notes - 3/22

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
Wanted to drop a quick update on the basketball side of things...

After speaking to a source close to the program, here's the latest:

- David Johnson is open to coming back. Will go through the feedback process and weigh his options from there.

- Mack has already talked to DJ about the offense next year if he does decide to come back.

- Mack knows the offense has to change and he reiterated that to DJ.

- Mack stressed to him that next year the offense will take advantage of his skill sets of driving and dishing.

- Nickelberry would prefer to stay but wants to see who else is coming in and what his minutes will look like next season.

- Nickelberry is willing to work to earn the time, he just couldn’t get healthy this season.

- Sam Williamson is worried about his minutes being diminished as incoming transfer Matt Cross is said to be a day one starter.

- I'm told the vibes around the program are good, and Luke Murray being gone is a relief to most.

- Murray mainly focused on individual relationships, and he and Mack really weren’t on the same page this season.

- I was told that it's very likely that Aidan Igiehon and Luke Murray end up at the same place.

- Director of Basketball Operations Kahil Fennell will get one of the open roles. Word is he has already been told that.

- As for the other position, nothing has developed just yet.

- Mack is trying to find another big on the transfer market, and that is a priority even with Malik Williams coming back.

I'm encouraged, and I think Chris Mack knows changes needed to be made in order to get things moving in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News