ADVERTISEMENT

I'm just glad Shaq got to play so much today!

ACCCard

800+
Nov 23, 2012
What a difference that made! Where are all the posts of gratefulness for the coach letting this young man get out on the court and dazzle us and not holding him back as he had recently. Coach finally woke up and recognized what all of us could see so clearly!

I don't believe the posts in regards to the player were projecting instant gratification.

I believe it is about big picture looks at having what was "perceived" to being the top player in a top 10 class having his future feel like it is in limbo during his first season. The trickle down for future recruiting could take a hit if a top 40 player hits the road after one tumultuous season. As a fan, you just hate to see the top player from your class exit the program with, as you have stated, a career PPG average of 1.8. Recruiting misses happen, but that would be... quite a whiff, no?

And also, there is disappointment the kid is averaging the 1.8 you've mentioned as well. That kind of production is 10th man get in at the end of the game if it is a blowout type of production, not the expected production from a jewel of a FR class type of production - and I don't care how many games he missed. Even one more basket a game would look so much better LOL

I don't care who Pitino plays we are 21-6 destined for the 4/5 seed line pending the rest of the season. If one of the reserves provide a punch in the post season it will be an unexpected bonus.

But, I think you are ignoring what was a fair expectation and what is being produced. Obviously, he's done nothing so far. It's disappointing.

I'm just poking fun at all the postings asking why the young man's didn't ply at Cuse. I get it. It just seemed silly to be in such an uproar over a largely irrelevant player. Some just want to question everything Pitino does. Some questions are fair, this one was ridiculous. Same people always lying in wait to leap on every little thing they can seize to take a shot at coach. This was amused me quite a bit. I want baby Shaq to be a great player and he still can be!

Originally posted by ACCCard:
What a difference that made! Where are all the posts of gratefulness for the coach letting this young man get out on the court and dazzle us and not holding him back as he had recently. Coach finally woke up and recognized what all of us could see so clearly!
I thought he transferred? You mean he's still on the team? Wasn't there a news scroll on the local news channels in Louisville stating he was leaving the Cardinals program? WTH?

I'm just poking fun at all the postings asking why the young man's didn't ply at Cuse. I get it. It just seemed silly to be in such an uproar over a largely irrelevant player. Some just want to question everything Pitino does. Some questions are fair, this one was ridiculous. Same people always lying in wait to leap on every little thing theavsracan seize to take a shot at coach. This was amused me quite a bit. I want baby Shaq to be a great player and he still can be!
Largely irrelevant player.

youre more concerned about "Pitino's name" than the team.

99% of 5 star players are ready to contribute, right away. Besides the missed 9 games, i could ask, why wasnt Pitino
able to COACH HIM UP ? And will continue to.

We all know other schools are saying the same things about Pitino.

"Hey Thon, if you go to UofL, you wont be coached, until youre a junior. Youll avg 1.8 PPG, less than 5 MPG. "

You didnt sache over to the football board, when we were all wondering why Senior Dominic Brown
wasnt being played.

Youre a UNIVERSITY OF PITINO FAN.

The rest of us are UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE FANS.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:

I'm just poking fun at all the postings asking why the young man's didn't ply at Cuse. I get it. It just seemed silly to be in such an uproar over a largely irrelevant player. Some just want to question everything Pitino does. Some questions are fair, this one was ridiculous. Same people always lying in wait to leap on every little thing theavsracan seize to take a shot at coach. This was amused me quite a bit. I want baby Shaq to be a great player and he still can be!
Largely irrelevant player.

youre more concerned about "Pitino's name" than the team.

99% of 5 star players are ready to contribute, right away. Besides the missed 9 games, i could ask, why wasnt Pitino
able to COACH HIM UP ? And will continue to.

We all know other schools are saying the same things about Pitino.

"Hey Thon, if you go to UofL, you wont be coached, until youre a junior. Youll avg 1.8 PPG, less than 5 MPG. "

You didnt sache over to the football board, when we were all wondering why Senior Dominic Brown
wasnt being played.

Youre a UNIVERSITY OF PITINO FAN.

The rest of us are UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE FANS.
I disagree about 99%. I agree that Pitino has to do the job but there are plenty of 5 stars that either don't pan out or don't contribute until later. It's not like Shaqquan was a top ten player like Thon Maker is. Aaron was on the edge of 5 star and he wasn't even a 5 star on rivals.

I'm glad he put himself in a position to play by bringing it in practice. I think the form on his shot is bad, but I thought yesterday was the best defense I have seen from him.

SA looked to me like he was putting forth more effort yesterday--as did several other guys--than what we have seen recently. I don't think the kid was prepared to work as hard as Pitino wants him to. And that's why his playing time has been limited.

Let's hope it continues...

Posted by Zipp:

I don't think the kid was prepared to work as hard as Pitino wants him to.  And that's why his playing time has been limited.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When someone else posts what they "think" you always say you don't deal with speculation, so have you been attending practice ? Or maybe have an insider giving you the scoop ? Or are you just speculating ?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Cardiac Red:
Posted by Zipp:

I don't think the kid was prepared to work as hard as Pitino wants him to. And that's why his playing time has been limited.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When someone else posts what they "think" you always say you don't deal with speculation, so have you been attending practice ? Or maybe have an insider giving you the scoop ? Or are you just speculating ?
If you have an "effort meter" and data from it, I'll be glad to take a look. When data and stats are available, that's always my preference. My guess is that deflections, as Pitino records them, are a good source of objective data.

I gave you the basis for my comment--what I saw yesterday--and couched it as what I "think". If you have a different POV, we can discuss it...

KR I have you on IGNORE because you attack me personally every time you see me post anything and often even when I don't, so you are wasting your time. You attack Pitino, I defend Pitino. One position is no better than the other, minus your personal attacks.

KR I have you on IGNORE because you attack me personally every time you see me post anything and often even when I don't, so you are wasting your time. You attack Pitino, I defend Pitino. One position is no better than the other, minus your personal attacks.
I have you on ignore PitinoCard, errr BigEastCard, errr ACC Card.

You started a bait thread insulting some Cards fans. You wanted Coach praise for doing his job.
You called Coach Pitino's highest recruit, "Largely irrelevant". I wonder Shaqquan would feel about
that statement.

95% of your post are lecturing posters on great the HOF is, and he is not to ge questioned.

Just because you work for him doesnt mean he's infalliable.
You attack players. I defend players, the UNPAID PLAYERS.

You can ignore me all you want, but you will not insult UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE players
on this board............

IF you have him on ignore then you're doing a poor job of ignoring him.

Yes you defend Pitino. You also attack the players on the roster. Constantly. It gets old reading the bashing of kids who are just trying to get better. The kids who chose to participate in this program after the coach offered them a scholarship. I'm just glad those kids have thicker skin that people who post on message boards or they would all be transferring on a weekly basis.

Why does Pitino get a pass? Why is it that we seem to be the only school that doesn't get a lot of freshman production? And all we hear is Freshman aren't ready? Kansas, Duke, UsucK, Arizona, UNC, these programs don't have issues!!! Why do we? Nobody wants to criticize him for anything because what he got a national championship? think about this. Gorgui, Russ, Luke, Behanan, Blackshear, what do they all have in common? Pitino didnt recruit them Gorgui fell into our lap we were going after Justin Coleman. Russ was o nly here because of Willard, Luke transferred because of Keatts, Tim Benedict Fuller recruited Behanan and Blackshear. And lets not forget our All American Trez only here bc Seth Greenberg is in Bristol. Why doesn't he go after elite talent? or is it that the elite players dnon't want to play for him, because they aren't sure they will play? Peyton Siva should have started from Day one and he played a terrible washed up Edgar Sosa!! Stop giving Pitino a pass!!! This team still has a lot of talent, but I just don't think he puts the best players on the floor.

Originally posted by CHAZ3322:

Why does Pitino get a pass? Why is it that we seem to be the only school that doesn't get a lot of freshman production? And all we hear is Freshman aren't ready? Kansas, Duke, UsucK, Arizona, UNC, these programs don't have issues!!! Why do we? Nobody wants to criticize him for anything because what he got a national championship? think about this. Gorgui, Russ, Luke, Behanan, Blackshear, what do they all have in common? Pitino didnt recruit them Gorgui fell into our lap we were going after Justin Coleman. Russ was o nly here because of Willard, Luke transferred because of Keatts, Tim Benedict Fuller recruited Behanan and Blackshear. And lets not forget our All American Trez only here bc Seth Greenberg is in Bristol. Why doesn't he go after elite talent? or is it that the elite players dnon't want to play for him, because they aren't sure they will play? Peyton Siva should have started from Day one and he played a terrible washed up Edgar Sosa!! Stop giving Pitino a pass!!! This team still has a lot of talent, but I just don't think he puts the best players on the floor.
All programs have their issues. UK has a shady coach. UNC has an unbelievable academic scandal. Duke loses to Lehigh and Mercer. Arizona has disappointed in the tourney since Lute Olsen had dark hair. Kansas couldn't make the Final Four with Wiggins and Embiid.

^ Nice post Knuckles. To say none of the freshman have not or not are contributing is nonsense. Onuaka certainly is for what he is asked to do. Same with Anas. "Q' did in the Cuse game and will certainly get his opportunity now that CJ is gone.

Aaron, no doubt, will be given more opportunity to prove himself now too. Just hope he has what it takes to step up with positive output that will help the team win the rest of the year. We will know pretty soon if he can or not....at least for this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT