ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: I'm back... What I know

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
I'm back in Louisville and will try to reiterate everything that I know in this thread:

I checked in with my best source this morning, and the message was pretty simple "things are in the hopper" and this is likely a week where we see 2-3 commits. My source didn't want to put the cart before the horse, but they were very optimistic about what the next week would bring.

Here are updates on a few individual players:

- Dante Maddox Jr. (Toledo)

A source tells me that the belief is that this will ultimately come down to Louisville and Xavier. Maddox Jr will take his visit to Illinois tomorrow, but unless something changes, I don't expect Illinois to be the choice.

- Aly Khalifa (BYU)

After seeing his final list of schools, I assumed this was a clear setup to manufacture a win for new UK coach Mark Pope. After checking in with a source, Louisville is still pushing for and expecting a visit from Khalifa.

Davin Cosby (Alabama)

I was told by a source to 'watch for' Cosby from Alabama. He's a multi-year guy that you can use to build around for the future. Not sure when he he is committing, but one we are watching.

Jayden Quaintance

After Calipari's departure, I checked in with a source to gauge the situation. I confirmed the connection between new assistant Thomas Carr and Quaintance is as strong as could be. What I also was able to learn was that Louisville was going to wait and see if it was a guarantee that the five-star would follow Calipari to Fayetteville before investing time and resources. Seeing that he is visiting here, Louisville got their answer.

Would be remiss to not mention Youngblood. He was scheduled to visit here. I was given the green light to put it out. Bama swooped in. It happens. S*** changes so quickly in this portal / NIL era. Not going to make excuses, it is what it is.

More when I have it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News