ADVERTISEMENT

I'll take Mangok over Skal...

So far, not one UK poster has addressed our players. Even in a thread dedicated to Mangok, your inability to see past your own navel maintains.....not one comment about one single Louisville player.

This is not hard. Discussing the two teams requires not only an ability to assess their talents, but a little interest as well. No UK fan shows the slightest interest. WTF do you want my analysis when all you use it for is to store it in your massive set of resentments to pull out at some super cool time you saved it for, lol. Selective memory - when someone else owns the space in your brain.

You guys are pitiful. And whoever in God's name you might be are the worst, catwalking over here with some fresh new handle to hide who you are. I can't even understand that logic. I post on your board under my own long time handle, knowing the knives are out with every word I type. Here's a suggestion - simple human manners....if you want to talk about the UK/UofL game, you begin, like people with souls do. You act like I owe you your addiction, simple boy.[/QUOTEI would be more than willing to discuss why if I thought a UK fan was capable of speaking about anything but themselves.

Your obvious personality disorder is beside the point. Your wrote "I would be more than willing to discuss why if I thought a UK fan was capable of speaking about anything but themselves."

I accepted YOUR invitation and nothing in my reply talks about myself and I do not know how speaking about myself would be relevant.. I did point out how flawed your forecast of the UK v Duke game was and I guess that bent your fragile ego. I was simply curious to learn what you thought you knew about the upcoming game because I am here because I love the game and cannot begin to guess what you are doing here since you only seem to want to rant endlessly. I could suggest that you stop rambling and get to the point. Say less and say more if you get my drift.

You do go on and on and never say much that shines the light on the sport. It is a sport you know. Or do you? Now back to

Why the panic over Skol? He's playing for the greatest coach of all time. The squid takes no talent players and builds them into lottery picks in a single season. Just ask Hawkins and Willis how much he has improved their play. Or the twins. He coached them up really well, didn't he?

And Harrellson who ate your lunch. Don't forget him!

images

So far, not one UK poster has addressed our players. Even in a thread dedicated to Mangok,

This thread isn't really dedicated to our player. To be fair, the thread is created by Zipp with the goal of pulling the UK fan chain, which he does better than anyone.

We'd probably be better off if we left these threads for Zipp to play with his friends. Collateral damage kicks in unfortunately.

This thread isn't really dedicated to our player. To be fair, the thread is created by Zipp with the goal of pulling the UK fan chain, which he does better than anyone.

We'd probably be better off if we left these threads for Zipp to play with his friends. Collateral damage kicks in unfortunately.

He must have suffered badly through these past few years. Poor fellow.

Was there something you meant to say?

I just "quoted" your post Grinning guy. Not a lot of info there, dawg.

Was there something you meant to say?

I just "quoted" your post Grinning guy. Not a lot of info there, dawg.

Another opaque post but thankfully short for a change. I meant short in length of course, not in zen content. Can you actually see me grinning? Wow!

The bad thing, or potential bad thing, about Skal is that he will continue to get minutes whether he deserves them or not. Because it's not about the wins, the championships or the fans to Cal. It's about the kids. Especially the projected first round kids.

Truthfully Mangok has had 21 games, 7 his freshman year and 14 his soph year where he scored Zipp, playing in some games 20 minutes, but often collecting at least 1 rebound or foul. Not something to really brag about.
I never said as a freshman or at any other point in time. TODAY, Skal vs. Mango, give me the latter and keep the other guy's stars.

"Elite program", my a$$...

FWIW, Skal is averaging more points per game. They both are barely getting around 20mins a game, but Skal's production is better than Mango. Even with that stinker against ASU. Even at 21.6 minutes a game, Skal would be UL's third leading scorer.

I'll take our last few years over uk's... hell....uk has been to the NIT 2 out of the last 7 seasons.
Yet somehow has a dominating record head to head against UL. Crazy huh?

Should we talk about wins, tournament wins, Final Four appearances, Championship game appearances, Head to head in the tournament?

I'm not sure why you went 7 years. ( ;) ), but yes UL has been on a great run. You guys are winning a lot of games against teams not named UK.

Last edited:
I think you would have at least a little more cache in your posts if UK was not 7 and 1 under Cal vs Pitino. But maybe you can explain how your "Elite program...my ass" comment re UK fits with that record. It could be fun to read.
And what team holds the last title in the state?

Reactions: cuzimacardfan
Ju
That's the plan. Tai Wynyard. Australian kid. About 6'9", 240 pounds, I've seen him ranked in the 40–60 range. He's young but some are hoping he'll give us the rebounding presence we need inside. I'm hopeful but skeptical, seeing that he will be starting cold in the middle of the season.

Just in time to play UofL

Why the panic over Skol? He's playing for the greatest coach of all time. The squid takes no talent players and builds them into lottery picks in a single season. Just ask Hawkins and Willis how much he has improved their play. Or the twins. He coached them up really well, didn't he?

Just like Stupes builds his 3/4 stars into 1/2 stars....

Yet somehow has a dominating record head to head against UL. Crazy huh?

Should we talk about wins, tournament wins, Final Four appearances, Championship game appearances, Head to head in the tournament?

I'm not sure why you went 7 years. ( ;) ), but yes UL has been on a great run. You guys are winning a lot of games against teams not named UK.

I'm not making up excuses, well yeah I am, we are usually the last ranked team on your schedule whereas we are just starting our "grind". Easier to focus on one game before conference play when you're in the SEC.

That "little man" insult defines YOU as a mental midget but says nothing about me or UL or Uk or basketball. If you are the competition then I have already won..

That "little man" insult defines YOU as a mental midget but says nothing about me or UL or Uk or basketball. If you are the competition then I have already won..
Seeing as you're taking quite a bit of offense to it, it obviously does say something. You've won nothing, except utter disdain from regulars on this board.

Many UK fans expect Skal to continue to start at least for a while. He was doing well until the defense figure it out. Now, it's up to coaching to redefine his role for effective use. (Maybe use him away from the basket) He has a decent j and a tall release.

As compared to other elite FR's experience, due to his "handlers" Skal Jr & Sr. year in hs was more like a (short) church league schedule. He'has not experience against top hs teams.

As far as Skal's future, many feel that his handlers will push him to pro (somewhere) after this year regardless. (what he needs is weight and an attitude)

P.S. I try to discuss bb on different sites without repeating the negatives I hear or read about the host board I am visiting. It's just seem to me that some boards would not exist if not for posting negatively about other teams or coaches.

As of this posting, there are at least 12 threads with UK in the title or opening remark, ranging from a 65 year old scandal to being critical of (homer) announcers on SEC network during UL vs UK women's game.

In about 2 weeks, one board will be flooded with "I TOLD YOU SO" and the other will argue "you can beat 8 on 5"..........Well, that's just the way it is in today's bb world.

I try not to offend anyone, if I do just say so. I try to be a good guest, if I'm not welcome, just say so.. It won't ruin my life.

Thanks
Poppy

I come on this board to catch up on all things UK!

And what team holds the last title in the state?

Is that all that matters? Whoever won the last banner has bragging rights until the rival team wins? No, don't think so. UK ended ULs season in the tourney a couple of times in recent memory. Head to head records/ yep UK and Cal owns UL and Ricky. All time wins- yes UK again. More banners/ surprise: UK wins again.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, Skal is averaging more points per game. They both are barely getting around 20mins a game, but Skal's production is better than Mango. Even with that stinker against ASU. Even at 21.6 minutes a game, Skal would be UL's third leading scorer.
On a stat-per-40-minutes basis, Skal is besting Mangok 20 vs. 16 ppg. and 3.9 vs. 2.7 blocks per game. But that's about it for the #1 draft choice. Mangok's got a decisive edge on rebounding at 12.5 vs. 6.5 rpg. And Mangok's better on steals at 1.9 vs. 0.6 steals per game.

There aren't defensive stats easily available, but I would expect redshirt junior Mangok to be better than a timid freshman, which the steals stat would indicate.

And Pitino said Mangok would one day be the equivalent of U of L ex-player Otis George. The fact that we are even having this discussion tells you what a bust Skal is at this point. Give me the kid who's realizing his potential, not his underperforming equal waiting for draft day. Only one of those guys has heart.

If you knew anything about them, you would know the answer.
But to humor you, Lee player 2 years behind 5 lottery picks.
Same for Poythress plus missing last year due to injury.
But you already knew that. didn't you?
Lee couldn't crack the starting lineup on an LPT team with double digit losses. And a year later, incoming freshmen were getting his minutes; he could only get about 11 minutes per game when a "platoon system" was supposedly in place.

In four years, the only LPT team Poythress could start for went to the NIT.

As 5-star kids, they've been busts however you wanna analyze them. This year's LPT team needs them anyway. They're a lot like Skal which makes this a team of busts. A veritable men's college basketball strip show.

I think you would have at least a little more cache in your posts if UK was not 7 and 1 under Cal vs Pitino. But maybe you can explain how your "Elite program...my ass" comment re UK fits with that record. It could be fun to read.
Maybe because it has nothing to do with a rivalry record. Sure it's gonna be "fun to read"?

UK and UofL have each had the best records in the college game for years now. They both have attendance figures no one not named Syracuse has. They have hardware and they inspire fear in opposing programs. The crazy desperation of fans to do their best to dig away at the spirit and evolution of each program has become nearly irrelevant. It appeals very much to the posters who waste such time in continuing the process, watching each other like rabid hungry dogs while the level they operate on without these ankle biters is the envy of all of college basketball. Which is completely ironic since each team has so much game cred in reality. Playing like Blue Bloods, arguing like gerbils.

UK fans hate that we have Rick - no matter what the record between he and the ethical midget down there now - and fully fantasize on a regular basis what his staying at UK might have meant over time - don't even try to say that is not intimately involved in UKster thinking. UofL still looms in their headlights, no matter what happens, because, even in the recent tourney losses, the competition was more than equal. UofL fans hated losing - especially the last event of driving and fouling in the rugby scrum UK had made of the game - but what difference does it make in the end? Here we are in a new season and there is a glimmer of inevitability again of meeting up in the tournament. Frankly, there is no galaxy where the pride of either program is even touched, in the end.

The desperate antics of UK fans lusting for superiority is simply something other than realistic and we know that. UK fans simply face the entire world with the same attitude, selectively hating on UNC, Kansas or Duke in an urge for them to feel the same - which they don't. With Louisville fans, at least they get responses, lol.

Finding a "down" UofL fan this season is even more difficult, lol. Pitino is finally doing what UK fans felt he would do for them. Having him as a coach is an experience in concentration, focus, grades, the college experience which ennobles the entire franchise.of the college game. The UK experience is exactly the opposite, requiring no adaptation outside of having a line of pro prospects in an unending line of strangeness which requires name memorization every single season.

Just the same, Pitino and his experienced team play and complex defenses are satisfying factors to watch and to support. He has adapted to the ne and Done deal in various ways, including this year's Done and Ones - yet another fascinating new wrinkle brought by a guy who is coaching and even recruiting at an all time high for the type of program he likes running.

Eamonn Brennan on Coach Pitino:

"None of that really gets across the sheer enjoyment of sitting across the court from Pitino when he's coaching. To do so is to witness a cycle between manic anxiety and controlled genius. There are bug-eyed expressions and stomps and sarcastic claps. Arms fly and fingers point -- Accusations! Pleading! And then Pitino will pull it back in, cross his arms, and do that half-stare thing people do when they're deep in thought. All of this happens in seconds. It probably happens 25 times a game.

What's especially interesting about watching Pitino is how much of his performance is in the service of his team, particularly his team's defense. He isn't just blindly clapping along. He is almost always communicating something relevant and meaningful about defense to his players while on the court. The past two seasons, and especially in 2012-13, the Cardinals were so good on that end of the floor, so in tune, that Pitino could spring random traps on opposing ball handlers with the wave of a hand.
tongue.gif
You never knew when they were coming -- maybe once or twice a half. But they usually worked.

Mathiang plays on average 18.9 minutes a game. He is averaging 7.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 1.3 bpg.

Your phenom is playing 21.6 minutes a game. He is averaging 10.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 2.1 bpg.

Overall production might slightly go to the phenom but it's pretty clear he doesn't rebound very well which would indicate he's a bit soft. I'll agree with the OP that Mathiang is the better option of the two simply because he's tougher. Rebounding takes will and determination. Your phenom is more concerned about looking good for the cameras than mixing it up.

I never said as a freshman or at any other point in time. TODAY, Skal vs. Mango, give me the latter and keep the other guy's stars.

LMAO, nice spin Zipp.
Burns you up doesn't it?

Ouch, that's gotta sting huh Zipp?

Lee couldn't crack the starting lineup on an LPT team with double digit losses. And a year later, incoming freshmen were getting his minutes; he could only get about 11 minutes per game when a "platoon system" was supposedly in place.

In four years, the only LPT team Poythress could start for went to the NIT.

As 5-star kids, they've been busts however you wanna analyze them. This year's LPT team needs them anyway. They're a lot like Skal which makes this a team of busts. A veritable men's college basketball strip show.

Well then the Cards shouldn't have any problem winning this year. You've clearly spelled out UK is leaning heavily on guys this year that aren't any good so it should be an easy win for the red coats this year. We shall see.

Last edited:
Mathiang plays on average 18.9 minutes a game. He is averaging 7.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 1.3 bpg.

Your phenom is playing 21.6 minutes a game. He is averaging 10.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 2.1 bpg.

Overall production might slightly go to the phenom but it's pretty clear he doesn't rebound very well which would indicate he's a bit soft. I'll agree with the OP that Mathiang is the better option of the two simply because he's tougher. Rebounding takes will and determination. Your phenom is more concerned about looking good for the cameras than mixing it up.
Actually I'm amazed at Skal's Stats, it seems like he's played so bad that it feels like he's not even averaging 5ppg and 2rpg. He has a long way to go but by March he will be really good but it's going to take a lot of court time to get him there. You can clearly see he has skills, he's just afraid to mix it up right now.

Well then the Cards shouldn't have any problem winning this year. You've clearly spelled out UK is leaning heavily on guys this year that aren't any good do it should be an easy win for the red coats this year. We shall see.

Louisville isn't near as dependent on Mathiangs production as UK is with Skai. I've stated that Kentucky will probably win this game, but I think Louisville is the better team. I'm not talking about NBA potential, I'm talking college basketball.

Louisville isn't near as dependent on Mathiangs production as UK is with Skai. I've stated that Kentucky will probably win this game, but I think Louisville is the better team. I'm not talking about NBA potential, I'm talking college basketball.

Curious about why the better team will lose. PLEASE give a better answer than that the refs are bought by Cal.

LMAO, nice spin Zipp. Burns you up doesn't it?
You mean because I'm living in the present? And there's no "next year" for Skal except in the NBA?

Ouch, that's gotta sting huh Zipp?
I already posted normalized stats. If anything, they probably favor Mangok (with no stars).

Well then the Cards shouldn't have any problem winning this year. You've clearly spelled out UK is leaning heavily on guys this year that aren't any good do it should be an easy win for the red coats this year. We shall see.
You're at home with SIX more 5-star kids than U of L has. Even though we have Mangok and not Skal, that still sounds like a pretty significant advantage for the slapd!cks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT