ADVERTISEMENT

If you missed it, Dave Lackford being honest...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...on Mark's show today. Mark asked a good question that got an even better answer IMO because it was answered honestly. I'll paraphrase and abbreviate here, and Mark will certainly correct me if I'm misrepresenting DL. You're encouraged to open the podcast--I think it was Hour 3--and listen for yourself...

Dave was asked if this class so far is closer to great or a bust. He hesitated because of those extreme descriptors, but he eventually answered "bust". Dave then qualified his answer a lot which I think distills down to "you never (or can't) know". But I understand that limitation, and these guys put a lotta effort into predicting outcomes, one player at a time.

The Rivals recruiting rank this class currently has--also IMO--means very little because the ranking is biased by class size. If I look purely at star rating/average, it's the lowest we have had since K-rag's last year. Last time I checked, none of the three-star kids are high 3-stars (5.7) and half are low (5.5).

All of that said, it doesn't matter nearly as much to me as it does some of you. Many think that Satterfield could end up being the best Xs and Os football coach this school has ever had. If that's anywhere close to the truth, he can win a lotta games with players of this caliber. And winning is all that matters in the end assuming it's done honestly, which I think it's safe to say is how he will do it.

[Note to Dave Lackford... Appreciate that honesty. The last thing I want is smoke up my a$$. And your credibility is enhanced as well, at least with me... :)]

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Lackford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News