ADVERTISEMENT

If we get a Level 2 Violation

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Mack will be fired. His contract gets extended if we go on probation, so a Level 2 violation leaves the school deciding between firing him or having is contract extended.

It's a tough situation for UofL. If Mack gets level 2 violations and is fired, would they be able to get a good/great coach to come in knowing they're walking into NCAA punishments that could last years?

It's a tough situation for UofL. If Mack gets level 2 violations and is fired, would they be able to get a good/great coach to come in knowing they're walking into NCAA punishments that could last years?

I’d call up Scotty Davenport and see if he’d lead the program through the probation with the understanding that they’d look for a permanent coach after the probation. Frankly, during that time, it is going to be imperative to have a positive force and someone who can at least offer an exciting product.

I’d call up Scotty Davenport and see if he’d lead the program through the probation with the understanding that they’d look for a permanent coach after the probation. Frankly, during that time, it is going to be imperative to have a positive force and someone who can at least offer an exciting product.
This sounds like a pretty solid plan. If Mack is fired this, or a similar plan, might be the best way to go. It would leave UofL to seek the best candidate with a fresh start with the punishments in the rear view mirror.

Unless there is a good/great coach willing to accept the job immediately then go ahead and pull the trigger.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
This sounds like a pretty solid plan. If Mack is fired this, or a similar plan, might be the best way to go. It would leave UofL to seek the best candidate with a fresh start with the punishments in the rear view mirror.

Unless there is a good/great coach willing to accept the job immediately then go ahead and pull the trigger.

Scotty’s son is ready and capable to take over the Bellarmine program so they would be in good hands. UofL could offer Scotty a life-changing salary and would solidify him as an icon of coaching in this city he loves.

I still don’t see how letting coaches practice with the team because of Covid illnesses would result in a violation. If that is the case half the schools in the country would be in trouble. I heard announcers calling games all last about teams doing it.

Ain’t happening. Scotty has his own thing.

Ain’t happening. Scotty has his own thing.

I don’t know how much he makes but let’s assume it’s around what EKU’s coach makes - $300k/year. At UofL he could make at least $2M/yr (Mack makes $4M). That would be a helluva pay raise right before retirement.

Scotty D would be sort of crazy to get anywhere near this athletics dumpster fire except that he's close to the end of his career and obviously has strong ties to U of L.

He certainly has the type of credibility we need to get involved with an operation that doesn't have much of it at the moment...

Reactions: gocds
Scotty D would be sort of crazy to get anywhere near this athletics dumpster fire except that he's close to the end of his career and obviously has strong ties to U of L.

He certainly has the type of credibility we need to get involved with an operation that doesn't have much of it at the moment...
I think Scotty is just crazy enough to want this type of task (not to mention the salary). He is UofL through and through. Prior to UofL changing the Purple Lot parking scheme, we tailgated right near his crew. He loves UofL.

Look that’s the misconception that nobody wants to coach here. That’s how we ended up with Mack. He was 10 years in at Xavier and thought he saw a quick path to a NC. The same thing could happen now. We need a coach who is fully invested in U of L and wants what’s best for the program not himself.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT