ADVERTISEMENT

I want some of what Lunardi is drinking

J-Rye_UL

6000+
Jul 30, 2009
He has Louisville as the worst 5 seed right nowIn the BPI rankings (exactly 1 click away from Joe's bracketology) they have UofL at #11 which is a "projected 3 seed"All of Lunardi's 3 seeds are ranked worse than UofL in the BPI (check out Maryland at #28)He's pulling for a UofL/UK rematch in the Sweet 16
This dude is the weather man of college basketball. He can be wrong more often than not and they still pay him. Must be nice.

Lunardi makes no sense at all. If you listened to him at halftime of our game at FSU he said he currently had the Cards at a # 4 seed and when asked if the committee would penalize them for being without Chris Jones he said that it depends on how well they play without him. He went on to say that if Louisville played .500 ball the rest of the way such as finishing the regular season 1-2 and going 2-1 in the ACC Tourney then it could cost them a seed line or maybe a seed and a half but no more than that.

So we blowout FSU in the 2nd half and look great doing it and now we are the worst 5 seed? Ridiculous, although we should be used to getting screwed on the seeding around here. Oh well, just hope we keep getting better and all will work out.

I think the wig is squeezing blood from his brain.

Another guy living the American Dream. He's portrayed himself a Guru until some people believe it.

And making a killing doing it.

I'm not sure. I think he's just following what the NCAA tourney committee does each year to Louisville. Last season we were a four seed which was ridiculous and even Vitale and Bilas ranted how bad that was. Remember the 2005 final 5 team which also was a four seed?

If the Cards are not an obvious #1 seed like they were in 2013, they always seem to get shafted by the committee. I bet even if the Cards split these last two regular season games and then win two in the ACC tourney before losing in the semifinals, they would receive a #5 or maybe even a #6 seed. They would be 26-8. Kansas right now has 6 losses and they are looked at as a #3 seed.

Lunardi knows how the committee thinks and that's how he makes his picks. As soon as he starts substituting his opinion he will start to being more wrong with his predictions.

Last year our SOS was a crutch the committee used to justify our seed. This year they don't have that crutch. We've lost to 3 of the 4 #1 seeds, Sryacuse on the road, and NC St at home. NC St is the only bad loss, and they're firmly on the bubble.

He has already penalized us for lsoing Jones without letting it play out. If we win next tw games, pending who loses, we would likely be a 2 seed. He is blasting us in advance and assuming what many may be incorrect about at the end of the week. We could drop both too, but I think we may find a way to win both. I just hope the entire SEC loses quickly so he will be exposed on those picks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT