ADVERTISEMENT

I just figured it out.

Sioux Falls Eric

One-Star Poster
Jul 30, 2017
Sioux falls South Dakota
I have been listening to all the pre game shows this morning and everyone is raving about the Notre Dame quarterback. It just dawned on me that Sam Heartman is the same guy who turned the football over to us five times in one quarter last year.Plus he folded the following week against NC St. To let the talking heads tell it, he is the second coming of Andrew Luck. If that is someone to be compared to.

Reactions: Deeva
It will be interesting to see how he does. They have a tough schedule. Their O-line is probably tons better than the one he played with at WF.

Wake had a weird offense with all of those delayed handoffs and such.

But pointing out the game against us as proof he’s not good isn’t really the way to go. Players like him have been around a long time and will have good and bad games.

I mean look at his game against Clemson last year

20 for 29, 69% completion
337 yards, 6 touchdowns, 0 Interceptions

His full season was 3701 yards on 63% completion and 38 touchdowns to 12 INTs

In 2021 he almost had 4,500 total yards and 50 total Touchdowns.

Now he’s on a much better team. He’s a 6th year senior. He’s going to be good this year at ND.

Reactions: Mayoman
They almost, I say almost got to him several times. Good teams will.

P.S. I can't believe this just dawned on Eric. Sorry, bro. Pay attention.
I know. The ACC network replayed the Wake Forest game last weekend and I watched it. What threw me off honestly was the way they were hyping him up. None of the talking heads ever mentioned his collapse against us or the bad game he had against NC St.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
He was in a totally different system last year and I don’t blame him for transferring. It was hard to watch WF play last year because of that delayed hand off system. He transferred because he wants a chance to play at the next level and the system WF runs is not going to put any quarterback in the NFL.

He's a very good QB. He can eat up a defense with time to throw. Like most QB's, defensive pressure disrupts that.

Cards were all over him last season. He was sacked multiple times. He fumbled twice. The best of QB's would have struggled that day against Louisville.

He's not a running QB so he has a hard time evading pressure. If ND can keep the Cards off of him, he will throw some TD's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT