ADVERTISEMENT

HVL, Mykasa Robinson, Dixon, Jones Appreciation thread

phenderson

3500+
Aug 3, 2006
HVL in full form. Was all over the floor. SHe was perfect compliment to Carr and Robinson.
When we needed someone to start the scoring or be a decoy and focus the defense.. she was that one.
We used a heavy 3 guard lineup for many parts of the game with her and Robinson... and Carr on the floor.
And then in 2nd half, Carr sat a lot and we used Russell and Jones...

Really Appreciate her shot making and her energy...

Kasa... don't know how we will survive without her. She has been the missing piece ever since she was inserted into the starting lineup. She is the defensive compliment to HVL's offense. HVL is the Sun... lighting up the game with jumper after jumper... bursting through a cloudy dark day with timely buckets and an occasional steal or drawing a foul and syncing the free throws to stop a run.
Kasa is the moon, heralding in the darknight of defense, dragging, draping over, covering, smothering opposing defenses... She slams the door on hope with timely steals, rebounds, and drives to the bucket.

So much appreciation for those 2.

Dixon, Jones... have lifted their games...Russell is doing what I expected her to do when given the opportunity with more minutes. She has been spectacular... as has Liz off the bench.

I don't want to take anything away from any of the other players... but just like the game against Texas... this was just solid FOCUS on on goal and one objective... which was to out tough a tough team...

Now... we get Iowa... OSU on steroids.. a team that Drake pushed to the wall. Team with lots of height and decent athleticism.
A team that is almost 100% offense. This game will be a war.

I feel like, after watching these last 20 games... and especially these 3 NCAA games... we can beat anyone... maybe even USC-jr...
Nobody should want to play us right now... NOBODY...

I love what CJW has done this year, beginning with scheduling some of the most experienced “mid-majors” on the road, despite trying to acclimate transfers Jones and Carr into the rotation. Super proud of Robinson, HVL, Cochran and Dixon for their relentless pursuit of doing exactly what Jeff asked them to do. Russell and Harris have been superb coming off the bench, as once again this UL team follows the tradition that Walz has established here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT