ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Sallis, 6'5" Combo Guard...Update To Wake Forest

I'd take Sallis but 26% three point shooting isn't ideal.
Small sample playing < than 20 min. Obviously not a sniper but I'm not too concerned about that stat for him. But to your point, this team would need to add a shooter out of one of the other spots if they added this kid. But who knows if we make his final list.

Reactions: shadow force
Sounds right but here is a perfect kind of player for Payne. Long athletic and a defensive guy. He would be a good fit. Doesn’t really fit Creighton style but they need a PG. Don’t know anything about Nebraska.

Golf Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

My biggest fear is playing out right now; talented portal transfers questioning how they can play for Kenny Payne, when he only won 4 games in his first season as a HC. I somehow hoped that fact would dissipate once the season ended; sadly it has not.

It just makes little sense for these transfers to pick Louisville. Until the program looks like it's competitive again, there's just not a reason to take the chance. It's different with HS players because they have time and can transfer.

But I believe KP will probably nab someone with many of these transfers not having better options. When it comes down to LaSalle, Liberty and Louisville, someone will choose UofL.

I hope...

Reactions: shadow force
My biggest fear is playing out right now; talented portal transfers questioning how they can play for Kenny Payne, when he only won 4 games in his first season as a HC. I somehow hoped that fact would dissipate once the season ended; sadly it has not.
That's why I was concerned that Payne has had one visit from portal players in the past month. At first I thought maybe the staff is just being picky, but I'm starting to wonder if they are flat out getting turned down by the majority of transfer guys.

There is still some time and players available but so many of the portal guards are already off the board.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
It just makes little sense for these transfers to pick Louisville. Until the program looks like it's competitive again, there's just not a reason to take the chance. It's different with HS players because they have time and can transfer.

But I believe KP will probably nab someone with many of these transfers not having better options. When it comes down to LaSalle, Liberty and Louisville, someone will choose UofL.

I hope...
Agree. I think maybe going with "lesser" named portal guys might be the way to fill out this roster, especially at the guard spots.

There are a lot of transfers that are underclassmen so hopefully they can convince some of them.

Facts don’t dissipate just opinions do!
4-28 will always be the fact!

Reactions: OldhamCard335
There is something up with transfers but I really don’t think it has anything to do with last years record. It more tied to starting or being the guy. Sallis isn’t going to Wake to back someone up. McKnight isn’t going to Xavier to back anyone up. Go down the list of guys they were “interested” in.

When they landed Clark getting a starting type PG wasn’t going to happen. They have to find a guy willing to share minutes. That is what is proving to be very difficult.

Ellis leaving is a good example. He was going to have to take a different role with less minutes. Do you take Clark or keep Ellis when you don’t know if Ellis is even coming back. I think the other PG that committed to Arkansas may come back on market if/when Ellis decides come back to college basketball.

I think getting 13 scholarships players is going to be a challenge. I would offer Sisk, local kid that could help down the road.

I doubt they are getting Mackenzie kid either. Kansas has room, need and $$$.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT