ADVERTISEMENT

How Do You See The Point Guard And Shooting Guard Roles This Season?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Do you guys see Snider/Lewis, Snider/Mitchell, Lewis/Mitchell as sharing PG duties this season? I mean do you see them basically sharing the PG role where one or the other isn't a stereotypically defined PG or SG?

I'm thinking that's how we'll see the guards play- especially if Snider and Lewis are in at the same time. I see both guys alternatively bringing the ball up the floor and getting the offense set. What do you think?

Do you guys see Snider/Lewis, Snider/Mitchell, Lewis/Mitchell as sharing PG duties this season? I mean do you see them basically sharing the PG role where one or the other isn't a stereotypically defined PG or SG?

I'm thinking that's how we'll see the guards play- especially if Snider and Lewis are in at the same time. I see both guys alternatively bringing the ball up the floor and getting the offense set. What do you think?
All I can say is that we seem to be loaded at both guard positions .

Define loaded. Any NBA talent in that bunch?

If by that you mean any Archie Goodwins or Doron Lambs or A. Harrisons (e.g., Calipari-special NBA draft busts), no. But Pitino has already proven that he's a good enough coach that he doesn't have to have a roster of NBA 1st rounders to win an NCAA championship. Calipari? Not so much.

I might be wrong but I think Mitchell will be more of an SG than Lewis and especially Snider. Though I guess he could still set things up as well. Snider is definitely a play making, passing, set things up PG though after what we saw last season. Never really seen Lewis play before though.

I hope to see Q running the point. Lee on one wing and Lewis on the other wing. I believe they will thrive in this system because you cant double them.
Add Mango and Johnson in the mix and you have a solid 5.

Our guard play should carry us. Q is a true point. Lee and Lewis are solid 3 point shooters. They will go from having contested looks to having open looks.

I hope the open looks translate into both players making. MAKING 150 3's each this year.

RP has made it pretty clear that he wants to press 94 feet for 40 minutes this year. So I expect to see lot of guys in and out. My way too early prediction is Lewis will start at 1, Mitchell at 2. Snyder will sub for both. Lewis will slide over to 2 when playing with Q. Lee may play some 2(per RP). How much depends on how good Adel is.
The thing I like is that RP has differing skill sets will this group. If he needs three point shooting he can go with Q, Lewis and Lee on the floor together. If its late in the game and we need a stop, I could see Lewis, Mitchell & Adel on the floor together. Should be an interesting season. Still not sure how good we are going to be.

Reactions: beasleythecard
My way too early prediction is Lewis will start at 1, Mitchell at 2. Snyder will sub for both.

You could absolutely be right about this, and you aren't the only one that has suggested it, but I just don't see Snider not starting. I think he more than earned the starting spot after what he did late last season. And he'll be a sophomore. I see Snider starting along with Lewis with Mitchell coming off the bench. I don't see CRP giving the freshman Mitchell the starting spot over Snider at this point. IDK, I could be wrong.

You could absolutely be right about this, and you aren't the only one that has suggested it, but I just don't see Snider not starting. I think he more than earned the starting spot after what he did late last season. And he'll be a sophomore. I see Snider starting along with Lewis with Mitchell coming off the bench. I don't see CRP giving the freshman Mitchell the starting spot over Snider at this point. IDK, I could be wrong.
You could be right also Shadow. Here is the reason I put Mitchell in the starting lineup. I listen to every sound bite I can find of RP. Have for the last 5 or 6 Yrs. And I have gotten pretty good at interpreting what he is saying because a lot of times you have to read between the lines. He is no totally sold on Q. The reason is his lack of quickness. He has a lot of trouble staying in front of his guy. RP does not give anything to anybody including a Soph over a Freshmen. I think we have an unusual situation this year because of the trip to PR. That's going to give Mitchell a head start in learning the system. Just a hunch but I could be wrong. And it really does not matter who starts because they all are going to play a lot and the situation is going to dictate who is playing a lot on a particular night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT