ADVERTISEMENT

How deep is our pitching?

71card

6000+
Nov 15, 2001
We used 6 relief pitchers last night. They gave up 1 run in 11 innings in our 6-4 18 inning game. That would be a strain on the staff.. .right? No! Of course some of them could pitch again today but, even if they couldn't, there are five more relievers on the staff and their combined ERA is1.91 in 42.1 innings.

And young, quality depth. These coaches deserve raises (again...)

The main concern I have right now is our 4th starter. Kidston went 4 innings and gave up 3 ER. We are leading Miami 7-3 after five, so he is off the hook.

I would have never thought Kidston would be struggling after how he pitched last year. Hopefully he can turn it around. Didn't look very sharp last night. I think he will pick it up in the next few weeks. And if he does, UL might have the best 4th pitcher in the NCAA. Whether you consider Rogers, McKay, or Kidston the 4th pitcher, I would put any of those 3 up against anyone elses 4th...

Funk, McKay and Josh seem pretty solid at 1-3. Josh continues to improve which is Really good. Kidston - who knows? Is it physical or mental? I think he needs to be solid at worse case. If he can hold down the Mid-week starter slot and knock some multiple wins it will go a long way come tourney time. Right now he wod have UK for exams and these are games the Cards really need to win. Several other guys are pitching well too - Harrington, Strader, Henzman, etc.

I love that Kid is pitching against uk. I like our chances in that one. And Harrington looks really good! It really puts the starters on a short leash when you have the quality they have at the position. It's going to be a fun year!

Originally posted by nccardfan:
besides Dan and Roger, these are new coaches.Roger Williams is the longstanding pitching coach. The other guy is the longstanding head coach. The thread's about pitching. Hence, my comment...

ohwell.r191677.gif

As usual, Zipp, you can be an ass...

Nobody else on this message board goes around and tries to nickpick what other posters say...

Maybe you should find a job or hobby.

I seen that this morning, ncaa. Wonder why Kid isn't pitching. I'm starting to think something might be wrong with him. Maybe an injury or some off field issues causing him problems. No way in hell I would have thought he wouldn't be in the weekend rotation, much less not even getting the midweek start against our rival. It's getting harder by the day to figure this one out.

Well, Kidston is only a year removed from having injury issues... He may not have fully recovered. I know this pitching staff doesn't seem to back off high pitch counts. Let's hope he figures it out or it is nothing serious. It could really help us go a long, long way in Omaha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT