ADVERTISEMENT

Hoping for 4 or 5 seed in Midwest

davecmc

Two-Star Poster
Sep 12, 2006
Much has been made about the rivalry since Cal's arrival in the 2010 season. A closer look shows the teams have been about equal in total success regarding overall wins and post season success. Obviously, UK owns the head to head battles since 2010, but the opportunity to push ahead in overall post season success this decade with just one win in the Tourney is a shot I hope we get in 2 weeks.

(Prior to this year)
UK since 2010
Overall: 152-37

Post Season Success:
Elite 8, FF, Champ, NIT, FF

Players not graduating, but playing at least 1 season prior to early NBA declaration:
E. Bledsoe
D. Cousins
A. Davis
A. Goodwin
T. Jones
M. Kidd-Gilchrist
B. Knight
D. Lamb
N. Noel
D. Orton
J. Randle
M. Teague
J. Wall
J. Young

U of L since 2010
Overall: 141-44

Post Season Success:
NCAA, NCAA, FF, Champ, Sweet 16

Players not graduating, but playing at least 1 season prior to early NBA declaration:
S. Samuels

This post was edited on 3/14 5:31 PM by davecmc

It'll likely be a 5. But I wouldn't put it past the committee to give Louisville a 6.
This post was edited on 3/14 11:17 PM by Majestic Red

Not sure how true your comparison of players is. Earl Clark, Terrance Jennings and Gorgui Dieng all declared before getting thier degrees. Gorgui will have or has completed the degree now, but not before declaring. You can soon add Terry Rozier and Montrezl Harrell to that list. They all went more than a year, but still left before they received their degrees.

I think Clark left before the Cal era and Gorgui had his degree. Jennings never got a sniff in the NBA, so I missed him on the list when I checked the NBA players from colleges, but yeah he did "declare" and leave as if he had a shot.

And you're right about those player lists changing after this year.... For both programs.

During an interview with Deing last month he said that he was either finishing his UofL degree or had just finished it in December of 2014. I have heard that he had his degree as he was drafted on this board so I'm not sure if he was talking about a second degree, masters or if he was drafted before he finished.

Originally posted by davecmc:
I think Clark left before the Cal era and Gorgui had his degree. Jennings never got a sniff in the NBA, so I missed him on the list when I checked the NBA players from colleges, but yeah he did "declare" and leave as if he had a shot.

And you're right about those player lists changing after this year.... For both programs.
Jennings made the Knicks Summer roster , along side Jeremy Tyler ( former UofL commit.)

Maybe if Coach Pitino had played him more, instead of a 100 pound, power forward swopshire,

he would made the NBA. Just having another big for 12' team, might have won him his first title here.a

Uhhhhhhhh - I seem Swop playing pretty big against Michigan State in 2012. A similar performance to Hendo against Wichita State in 2013.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT