ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again

AnotherCFD

One-Star Poster
Jan 26, 2024
With the ACC building powerhouses through the portal our coach is falling way behind. No pitching, no power hitting.

Just like playing basketball inside the 3 point line after it’s been implemented.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
A part of me wants to think freaking out is a little premature, but we've also experienced subpar baseball for 2 out of the last 3 seasons, and now the C9 are starting the season with a whimper, down 3-0 to Xavier in the 3rd.

Are we witnessing McDonnell's decline in real time? Is the game passing him by? I find it hard to believe, but here we are.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
A part of me wants to think freaking out is a little premature, but we've also experienced subpar baseball for 2 out of the last 3 seasons, and now the C9 are starting the season with a whimper, down 3-0 to Xavier in the 3rd.

Are we witnessing McDonnell's decline in real time? Is the game passing him by? I find it hard to believe, but here we are.
Do you stay with a handful of guys that have had multitudes of chances? I really think there are a few guys that won't let go when they get their chance.

I hope you are correct Earsky; this 0-3 start combined with the lopsided performance yesterday seems to put the C9 in unprecedented territory. As someone else mentioned; “ACC has embraced the Portal“, and is showing that it is getting stronger while we have faded.

I hope you are correct Earsky; this 0-3 start combined with the lopsided performance yesterday seems to put the C9 in unprecedented territory. As someone else mentioned; “ACC has embraced the Portal“, and is showing that it is getting stronger while we have faded.
I think it's fair to say that Dan is set in his ways- bad or good. He is as loyal of a coach we'll ever see when it comes to the guys that have been in his system.
Tbs,there have been years when he really hasn't had much of an option when it comes to letting his guys get going. Now,at this point I'll say that I'm talking here about our fielding positions. The pitching staff is a bit of a different animal with 11 Freshmen pitchers on the roster,although I can go back to the Covid season that wasn't in 2020 and remember that there were a handful of Freshmen that got thrown into the fire before the season was canceled. Some are still on the team.

I do believe he's got options this year with his hitters. When he starts to use them I really don't know. I do believe he won't wait all Spring for some to get it going. There are 3-4 guys that haven't produced in quite a while now.

Go Cards!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT