ADVERTISEMENT

Heard Something for the first time

CardMonarch

One-Star Poster
Sep 8, 2016
Celebrating my last night as a Memphis resident I was hanging out in the usual dive and I overheard a conversation between two gents watching the Clemson game. Bar guy A) "I feel like Clemson should be winning by more, they're going to struggle against Louisville" Bar guy 2) "Louisville is the best team in the nation". Regardless of merit those were 2 complete strangers in a city that has historically hated us. The hype and respect is real. I was just blown away. Go cards.

Thanks for sharing OP. I love reading things like this. It's nice to be getting 1st place AP votes and no one is making fun of it. Great great time to be a Cards fan.

I was thinking the same thing: With all the yards Clemson was putting up, they didn't have the points to match it.

I don't think we learned a lot about Clemson last night. Wide open receivers all night, and gaping holes in the line for Watson or any other back to run through. GT played pitiful pass coverage and either their D line sucks, or Clemsons O line are all going to be first round picks.

Reactions: American Male
I was thinking the same thing: With all the yards Clemson was putting up, they didn't have the points to match it.

I don't think we learned a lot about Clemson last night. Wide open receivers all night, and gaping holes in the line for Watson or any other back to run through. GT played pitiful pass coverage and either their D line sucks, or Clemsons O line are all going to be first round picks.

Clemsons o-line didn't create gaping holes to run through. It's been their problem through the first four games. Gallman averaged 3.5 per carry and Watson 3 per carry. I do agree that Watson was able to sit back there comfortably all night, but thats because GT has not been able to muster a decent pass rush all season.

Celebrating my last night as a Memphis resident I was hanging out in the usual dive and I overheard a conversation between two gents watching the Clemson game. Bar guy A) "I feel like Clemson should be winning by more, they're going to struggle against Louisville" Bar guy 2) "Louisville is the best team in the nation". Regardless of merit those were 2 complete strangers in a city that has historically hated us. The hype and respect is real. I was just blown away. Go cards.

UofL is here to hoist THE Trophy, not just collect a paycheck from the ACC.

Our time has come................

Clemsons o-line didn't create gaping holes to run through. It's been their problem through the first four games. Gallman averaged 3.5 per carry and Watson 3 per carry. I do agree that Watson was able to sit back there comfortably all night, but thats because GT has not been able to muster a decent pass rush all season.

I only watched the first half. But in the first half Clemson moved at will. If it was 3rd and 4, whomever was carrying the ball got at least 6. If I remember correctly, Clemson only missed on 2 third down conversions in the first half. 14-16 or something ridiculous like that.

Clemson in general and Watson in particular were impressive last night. They physically dominated both sides of the ball completely. GT could do nothing.

One game at a time. I just want to come out of the Marshall game healthy then let us and Clemson go at it. Should be a battle!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT