ADVERTISEMENT

HAHAHA!

No surprise the putz forum is down. Those dialup modems are doing some damage. Was really looking forward to a glass of wine and some misery as a lullaby for a nightcap.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Is this loss on the same level of incredulous with any of KP's losses?

How Calipari can retain his job is unfathomable to me. UK could pick any coach they want. Anyone think Scott Drew would have stayed at Baylor?

Reactions: TopCatCal
Is this loss on the same level of incredulous with any of KP's losses?

How Calipari can retain his job is unfathomable to me. UK could pick any coach they want. Anyone think Scott Drew would have stayed at Baylor?
Nope since he’s friends with Barnhart

The situation at UK is not as simple as some are suggesting. John Calipari is very wealthy, but he is not likely to walk away from his buyout, and sources familiar with the financial side of any coaching change believe that it will approach $50 Million. That means it will take more than this post season cycle to make that coaching change, as finding a replacement is no longer a clear path forward.

Anyone listening to his post game interview last night should conclude that Cal believes that recruiting NBA talent is something the BBN covets as much as challenging for an NCAA Championship.

For most of us who have UK fans as friends know that last observation is not without merit, as those die-hard fans spend most of the year relying on that false expectation, entirely based on accumulating NBA talent.

200.gif

ROTFLMAO!!!

Cow hasn't been worth a darn since KP left. We OTOH haven't been worth a darn since KP got here.
It wasn't KP that did the winning for Calipari. It was John Robic. Robic was at Calipari's side on all 6 of his Final Four teams 1 at UMass, 1 at Memphis & 4 at UK. After Robic left UK several years ago. Calipari has been shown to be a complete & total fraud.

It wasn't KP that did the winning for Calipari. It was John Robic. Robic was at Calipari's side on all 6 of his Final Four teams 1 at UMass, 1 at Memphis & 4 at UK. After Robic left UK several years ago. Calipari has been shown to be a complete & total fraud.
Cal is a top level con guy. And his “I care about player and getting them to the NBA first” is just his con to coverup his inability to coach. Fans in the state of KY are smart BB fans to know he can’t coach, but UK fans just didn’t want to admit it until now.

Reactions: Deeva and TopCatCal

Lol at these three immature, entitled and pathetic losers. Here’s hoping they never have to experience real loss - they’d thrown themselves off a bridge.
The Three Stooges! I thought tears were gonna come down at any time. Pathetic but like so many CAYUT fans that build their lives around 18-19 year olds!

Reactions: BPGhost
Your post is spot on. My post was in jest and meant for Card fan consumption. Robic was indeed a major part of Cal's success.

My work required me to be in central KY for much of the evening and I became acquainted with him when he was almost always on Cal's call-in show while Cal was usually out recruiting. I found him to be very knowledgeable about the game, without the hyperbole associated with the rest of the BB program.

IDK what he is doing now, but he would be a valuable addition to anyone's staff.

FWIW the departure of Dicky Parsons from Joe Hall's staff led to a decline which ended that era. Guard play was Joe's weakness. I say this to point out the value of those on staff who do the grunt work.

Cal is a top level con guy. And his “I care about player and getting them to the NBA first” is just his con to coverup his inability to coach. Fans in the state of KY are smart BB fans to know he can’t coach, but UK fans just didn’t want to admit it until now.
You absolutely nailed it. When you said that Calipari talks this garbage that his job is to get players to the NBA is a coverup for his inability to coach. The 1st time I heard him say this I knew it was because he couldn't match Mike Krzyzewski & Roy Williams when it came to winning national championships. So he thought what area can't they match me in? And that was having NBA superstars that played for him at Kentucky. The guy is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT