ADVERTISEMENT

Got Banned on Cats Site

Cardfan1963

2000+
Sep 2, 2011
Said nothing bad. Even complimented them. Went back today and I some how violated there rules. I guess it was my moniker. Funny thing is I asked for a clarification on how someone felt that UofL was trending down. Funny thing was, I stated asking that question will probably get me banned. Jauk11 said the cat board would never ban someone for that. Guess he was wrong. LMAO

Last edited:
I don't care, I don't know why you feel the urge to tell us and it serves you right for going over there and trying to post on their board.

I didn't read anything from you in that particular thread that would warrant a ban. If you are interested in continuing to post there, you could contact the mods. It's been my experience over there that the mods are pretty responsive and decent to deal with.

It was on a UofL Vs UK thread. I have never minded UK fans coming over and entering in debate. It can be fun. When someone gets rude and uses terms unbecoming I understand a ban but not over discussion. By the way Derville you must because you clicked on the thread, read it, and commented on it. That's a whole lot for someone who simply doesn't care.

When the new boards came on line, I went over and posted a "good to be back" remark and was immediately banned--which previously I had been from birth. Hilarious what a bunch of paranoid, frightened, xenophobes they are. No way in hell they could let 'zipp' come on there and potentially spar with a klan of mental lightweights.

[Sidebar: One thing I don't like about the new Rivals boards is that if you're banned, you can't go to that site and read it without logging out. It's an inconvenience, but it also masks your identity which may be a good thing anyway.]

Funny thing is that some posters over there were asking about and hoping that 'zipp' would come around to post. I'm not a chicken $hit, but their board moderators evidently are.

LPT Football: Proof that fear is a great motivator...

When the forums updated, I went over there just with the goal of getting re-banned. I made several trash talking posts, some receiving likes from other UofL fans, and literally made one post saying, "I'm just trying to get banned - what the hell is taking so long?".

As far as I know I'm still active over there. Now that they're watching, maybe I'll go over there and drop a bomb. Get the b.s. over with.

When the forums updated, I went over there just with the goal of getting re-banned. I made several trash talking posts, some receiving likes from other UofL fans, and literally made one post saying, "I'm just trying to get banned - what the hell is taking so long?".

As far as I know I'm still active over there. Now that they're watching, maybe I'll go over there and drop a bomb. Get the b.s. over with.

Why would you make a goal of posting in such a way as to seek a ban? If your goal is to not be able to post over there, why not just don't post over there? Posting to intentionally seek being banned serves no purpose and just makes it more unwelcome for any UofL fans who are interested in posting there.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Two things.

1. I don't seek honor on a UK forum. I don't care if I don't earn my "Gentleman badge" with BBN.

2. I found a window to talk a little trash. That's what UofL and UK fans do. I went in to it knowing I would be banned (so I thought). It was almost unfullfilling that I wasn't.

But if it helps, most of my paragraphs were probably grammatically correct. I might get that badge.

I went there just to find out how afraid they are. And they hired a stunt pilot to paint the sky with their answer.

LPT Football: The definition of "fear"...

I once had a clever big blue name, don't remember what it was, and posted on Wildcatfaithful until it shut down. Statements, if posted from this account, that would get me banned on the UK Rivals site were often applauded as insightful there. I actually got a personal email from Wah Wah Jones about one of my basketball posts.

Since my family is from the Hills of Kentucky, I know the keywords, the catch phrases and the "tribal truths" that cat fans use. You pepper those throughout your posts and you can have some serious "fun".

If anyone ever needs an interpreter, for trips East of Lexington, let me know. I speak hillbilly and redneck fluently.
CJ

I didn't read anything from you in that particular thread that would warrant a ban. If you are interested in continuing to post there, you could contact the mods. It's been my experience over there that the mods are pretty responsive and decent to deal with.

Sent them an email and got no response. Hell I don't mind the ban. I just wan't to know what rule I violated. I guess the rules over there existential.

Why would you make a goal of posting in such a way as to seek a ban? If your goal is to not be able to post over there, why not just don't post over there? Posting to intentionally seek being banned serves no purpose and just makes it more unwelcome for any UofL fans who are interested in posting there.

It is their house...be respectful if you want to represent...I make my points but never bash or be disrespectful to them.

Wow....I only post on threads that are directly related to UofL...and actually I expect a tough game this year in CWS but a UofL win.

The main thing i have spoken about is the fact that many colleges have "so-called" Bad Behavior Players and even took Transfers like Alabama did with DT Jonathan Taylor while it appears to me UofL is held to a higher standard...but really as long as any Transfers that come to UofL handle their business and represent while they are here i will welcome any incoming talent...it is what it is at the P5/NFL Level...refuse to try to compete with a handicap that nobody else is going by...

Wow....I only post on threads that are directly related to UofL...and actually I expect a tough game this year in CWS but a UofL win.

The main thing i have spoken about is the fact that many colleges have "so-called" Bad Behavior Players and even took Transfers like Alabama did with DT Jonathan Taylor while it appears to me UofL is held to a higher standard...but really as long as any Transfers that come to UofL handle their business and represent while they are here i will welcome any incoming talent...it is what it is at the P5/NFL Level...refuse to try to compete with a handicap that nobody else is going by...

The biggest hypocrisy I encounter is that long running rhetoric, from one particular poster, about Kentucky taxpayers footing the bill for Willie William's incarceration, yet he neglects to mention that Tom Payne has been incarcerated in the state longer than Willie Wiliiams has been alive.

That why it is not wise to throw stones while living in the glass house of Major College or Pro Athletics...also, at the point of not even going to respond in a ongoing thread about the higher standard...not worth it and really as long as any UofL players regardless of their past are on good behavior and standing here that is all that matters to me

I have been banned for years. I never cared that much to even email anybody. You can't discuss sports rationally with UK fans, you just can't. It is a complete waste of time. Its actually counterproductive, because you spend your time trying to pull statistics, records, and concrete data, and they just reply with, "UL sucks". Try to illuminate an agenda, or a narrative, and they just don't understand. Everything is black and white, everything is obvious, UL coaches are criminals and UK coaches are saints. Most UK fans in real life are actually normal, understanding people. Online, they are just abominable.

That UK/UL thread was pretty good, for a while, until the haters showed up. Especially loved Jauk's endless rants about Clint Hurtt being the biggest cheater ever. If I wanted to get banned, I might point out that the DB coach who recruited Antrell Role and Sean Taylor, two of the earliest recruits who got benefits from Shapiro, was non other than Mark Stoops. Hurtt was a lowly graduate assistant during Stoops tenure as DB coach at Miami. That would get me banned again, to be sure, but it is pointless to argue with them. Pointless.

Reactions: mwatson61
Just got banned for saying no opponent ever has any reason to stomp on the UK midfield logo. Oh and jauk seriously has some sort of mental illness I think. Weird weird dude. Their few FB fans are 100x worse than the basketball fans.

Just got banned for saying no opponent ever has any reason to stomp on the UK midfield logo. Oh and jauk seriously has some sort of mental illness I think. Weird weird dude. Their few FB fans are 100x worse than the basketball fans.

Just a guess, but I'm leaning towards the "you did get another moral victory, so congrats on that...I guess" comment that may have done you in. Is it a temporary or permanent ban?

As "one of them," I disagree with this part wholeheartedly.

I also agree with HL, the thread in question was pretty good until it derailed a couple of pages in. I think the new Rivals site, with "alerts" that threads previously posted in are active, will lead to longer threads and more wheel spinning.

As "one of them," I disagree with this part wholeheartedly.

I also agree with HL, the thread in question was pretty good until it derailed a couple of pages in. I think the new Rivals site, with "alerts" that threads previously posted in are active, will lead to longer threads and more wheel spinning.

Agreed. The football board has some humility lacking from the basketball board. Also agree on the "alerts" prolonging threads. Despite what anybody claims, everybody wants to know what is thought of their post and what the responses are.

Agreed. The football board has some humility lacking from the basketball board. Also agree on the "alerts" prolonging threads. Despite what anybody claims, everybody wants to know what is thought of their post and what the responses are.

At least the basketball program has something to chirp about. This is a team that's won 9 games in 3 years, hasn't won a road game in 4 and won 4 conference games in 4 years. Yet they chirp like they're Alabama.

Normally, I try not to read threads referring to the uk site, and after this one I'll probably keep that vow again. It's mostly people who like to brag about kissing ass without getting banned. But with the new format, and the erasure of previous bans, I was curious. But seems it's the SSDD.

1. There is no "debate" with them. It's like dueling with an unarmed person. So they use the "ban" to win the debate.

2. To go there, and blow smoke up their arse, or sugarcoat what you really think (if those posters REALLY think it) must just be to simply get that warm feeling. You know, like when you were a kid and you'd pee your pants? You were warm for a while, but you stunk and everybody laughed at you. If you go there, and don't get banned, it's because you have sucked up to them. Period.

3. There really is no reason to go there, other than to be able to say you did without getting banned. So what? If it makes one feel "special", then knock yourself out.

They come here, say whatever they want for a week without repercussion, and we get banned for simply showing up sometime? Screw them.

Reactions: CardChipper
I don't like bans. I'm good enough at ignoring some of our own posters that even the ones that come to our board from here trying to get banned don't bother me most of the time. The really ridiculous people make me laugh more than anything. Why ban the source of a few good laughs everyday?

Reactions: atiba
Wild Card and Steelers post over there with impunity. Go figure.

Don't know about that "with impunity" part; I've been banned over there numerous times (last time was fairly recently for asking a specific poster if that stick up his butt was there permanently), but only once (many years ago) permanently. I only really disagree with one of the bans I got. The rest were probably earned. I feel like I've been treated pretty fairly BY THE MODS over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT