ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Tech (13-4) at Louisville (15-1)

My fault! Up 5-0, I switched to basketball for just a minute.

Learned that lesson. Watching baseball for the rest of the game!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: earsky
Just can’t leave these pitchers in that long. Conference play, no more time to experiment- right? As has been mentioned (many times) it is probably the only real complaint about CDM - leaving pitchers in too long; bullpen not ready to make the move.

ACC play is going to be tough. News Flash, I know.

I didn’t watch Farliegh Dickinson take down Purdue. I was committed to the C9. They came through. Who doesn’t love a walk off?

Good to see McCoy back on track.

Cards need to tighten up the defense and base running. Again, another news flash.

Reactions: Bardman
That's a good team. Not sure how we scratched it out but I'm glad we got that YellowJacket monkey off our back.

Reactions: 2330859
What a night of sports; my grandson is at GCU, so we were welcoming him home on Spring break and watching their game on TV. I had my phone glued to the Baseball game and at 5-0 thought all was good. Got home just in time to catch Peyton’s walk-off live …… awesome!

I was only seeing score updates, so someone explain how much damage did that misjudged fly ball contribute to Hawks demise? Sounds like he had 4 innings of shut-out pitching?

Reactions: Bardman
Maybe. Farone wasn’t necessarily helped out by his defense or the offense today. Offense has been anemic today. Still time to get some runs though.

Just reading the tea leaves. Red seems to be back on track. GT has a bunch of fastball hunters,and if you're not hitting location they can make you pay.

Galvan - my man, you come in and walk a guy. Come on - throw strikes.

Gar, I hate losing. It’s an inconvenient annoyance to have considering the season is so long.

I’m trying to pin point the reason for today’s loss, and all I got is Tech played better. Cards missed out on some timely hitting, too. Left some ducks on the pond.

Streak ends. Hopefully a new one begins.

I'm not sure what's in the water this weekend on our bench,but we're out of sorts a bit with the backward k's. I guess the location I referenced earlier must be spot on for G Tech pitchers. We've got a bunch of them in 2 games.
I don't mind getting beat,just not like that.

Kinda hoping to see the stirred bunch of hitters and pitchers we saw a few weeks ago show up today and take this series.

I think Coach Miller has some work to do with his sequences too. It's as if they know what's coming. Zeke,are you responsible for this!? Lol

I want to see a few of the vets get back to the free-and-easy approach they had last season. Not calling them out,but if and when they do,we'll really take off offensively.

Gonna be a cold day for those going out. Right now in C-Bus it's 28 degrees and not expected to get much warmer.

Reactions: PushupMan
42 and sunny 🌞.
I was there yesterday. Not the best trying to find sunshine and block the wind.
I'm going again to see if I can bring some good vibrations to the Boys. Sporting long Johns for sure.

Defense has to protect the pitcher. Liggett looked great and the D was MIA. Got lucky with not giving up any runs. Personally, I wish Knap was moved to 2B and Kilen was at short.

Y'all help me at home. What happened at 3rd?

Yes, Benson’s right hand made it into the bag first, but his momentum carried that hand past the bag, and then his left hand slid into the fielder’s foot and also the tag. Out was the correct call IMHO.

Reactions: earsky and Bardman
Nice series win!

Curious … what is the “arcade-like” music that’s played at the stadium when Louisville scores a run? Been wracking my brain trying to figure that out!

Nice series win, a solid way to open ACC play. That said, today’s game and yesterday’s game were a bit frustrating with all the backward K’s, especially on full counts, especially when runners were on base. Even Moth was perplexed. The ump didn’t help with some of his questionable inside strike calls, either.

On to the next one. Go Cards!

Reactions: 2330859
Sometimes an ugly win is an indication that you do not have to be at your best to advance. I expect improvement as the season continues.

Nice series win!

Curious … what is the “arcade-like” music that’s played at the stadium when Louisville scores a run? Been wracking my brain trying to figure that out!
I think that came from 6 Flags advertising several years ago. They had a person dressed up as an old man and he danced around….I think.

Reactions: PushupMan
That said, today’s game and yesterday’s game were a bit frustrating with all the backward K’s, especially on full counts, especially when runners were on base.
Yes,even Friday I think. I half expect it with the Freshmen but a couple of the Juniors pressing a little bit. Payton(just this weekend)and Beard came out of it today like they've done so many times. Can't keep em down long.

Reactions: rh62531
I sensed the same thing Earsky; this is one very competitive bunch that have pride in the program.

we have been critical of our base running, but yesterday was sufficient evidence this roster has exceptional speed, and it was effective at “getting ‘‘em over” that led to “getting ‘em in”.

Reactions: earsky and Bardman
we have been critical of our base running, but yesterday was sufficient evidence this roster has exceptional speed, and it was effective at “getting ‘‘em over” that led to “getting ‘em in”.
You could see it early and often. They were going to run. I hope to see Humphrey have one of these breakout games next weekend like I think I saw Beard have yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT