ADVERTISEMENT

GEEZ!!

56gregory

One-Star Poster
May 28, 2008
Mike ( season ticket holder from way back) came up to me and handed a sheet of paper to me, had the head to head results on it, pointed to Charlie across the room (an OK guy but a UK fan) and said ... "if Charlie had bet me back in '83 when the series was renewed that over next 32 years we would face UK 36 times and they would hold a 2 to 1 advantage, and that over the last 8 game would have 7 wins and the next game headed back to Lexington, Greg I would have had you help me take him out to OUR LADY OF PEACE!!! GEEZ he'd own my house too!!

Originally posted by 56gregory:
Mike ( season ticket holder from way back) came up to me and handed a sheet of paper to me, had the head to head results on it, pointed to Charlie across the room (an OK guy but a UK fan) and said ... "if Charlie had bet me back in '83 when the series was renewed that over next 32 years we would face UK 36 times and they would hold a 2 to 1 advantage, and that over the last 8 game would have 7 wins and the next game headed back to Lexington, Greg I would have had you help me take him out to OUR LADY OF PEACE!!! GEEZ he'd own my house too!!
No matter what has happened or what will happen in the future, the cold blooded truth is the one and only dream game was won by the University of Louisville Cardinals. That fact is forever in the record books with no chance of being vacated.

the 1959 game messed with Adolph's mind so much that he was not man enough to play the Cards again. Yea, that is something to forget too....BBN......didn't win so they wouldn't play anymore.....gotta be proud of that little factoid.

Mike ( a season ticket holder from way back) came up to me and handed a sheet of paper to me, had the head to head football results on it, pointed to Charlie across the room (an OK guy but a UofL fan) and said. . ."if Charlie had bet me back in 94 when the series was renewed (because UK was dragged kicking and screaming into it) that over the next 21 years we would face UofL 21 times and they would hold a 13-8 advantage and that over the last 16 games would have 11 wins, with little chance of UK getting a home win this coming season, Greg I would have had you help take me to OUR LADY OF PEACE!!! GEEZ, he'd own my house too.

Sounds to me like it's a lot more important to one school ("Super Bowl") than it is the other.

Of course, one school is just about basketball.

"Elite program", my a$$...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT