ADVERTISEMENT

Game attendance limits at Jim Patterson, all ACC teams, etc?

ecards69

No-Ranking Prospect
Oct 13, 2018
It is time that this game attendance limit be put to bed. Have any of you checked out SEC games lately? Ol Miss has 10,000+ at their games! I watched Vandy the other night, nice crowd! Emperor Andy and/or the ACC is killing
baseball in our conference. The Covid rules for games, stopping mid-week games, and the whole ridiculous testing
that pulls a whole team out of a week-end competition because of "contact tracing" is crazy. I am sick of it! For goodness sake, we are almost to May and this silliness continues!

Reactions: Bardman
Recall Uncle Andy allowed more attendance in outdoor venues; but, due to social distancing UofL stated they couldn’t accommodate more fans. And yes, it is dumb. Put more people in the stadium and have us wear masks. Or, leave it as is and no masks while in your seat.

Reactions: gocds
Recall Uncle Andy allowed more attendance in outdoor venues; but, due to social distancing UofL stated they couldn’t accommodate more fans. And yes, it is dumb. Put more people in the stadium and have us wear masks. Or, leave it as is and no masks while in your seat.
So you’re saying the limited crowds are a result of a decision by the University?

GO CARDS!!!

Hard to know exact numbers but what you see from the center field camera looking at all the empty seats is just pitiful. Again, the SEC is not going with this nonsense! Not sure how many were at our game with them last week but sure seemed like more than we have!

So you’re saying the limited crowds are a result of a decision by the University?

GO CARDS!!!
That is my understanding. Again, based on they could not get more people in due to needing to maintain social distancing. What a crock of crap. In the end, they may be constrained due to the governor’s social distancing rules, etc. Who knows.

So my question is? If these are Commonwealth of Kentucky rules? Or are they Conference Rules? Bottom line is what does attendance look like at UK? Then you have your answer of who is responsible for having more butts in the seats? Is it Andy, or is it the ACC?? Anybody has the correct answer???

I find it interesting that the very liberal ESPN which carries both the SEC and the
ACC has nothing to say about the disparity in crowds between the two leagues. Of course
more of the SEC teams are from states that have not bought into the mask and social distancing Fousisms. What makes me think that the ACC is driving this low attendance is the limited attendance at FSU and Miami. Private high schools in Florida have
spent the whole school year in near normal (non-covid) conditions! And they have done fine!

I find it interesting that the very liberal ESPN which carries both the SEC and the
ACC has nothing to say about the disparity in crowds between the two leagues. Of course
more of the SEC teams are from states that have not bought into the mask and social distancing Fousisms. What makes me think that the ACC is driving this low attendance is the limited attendance at FSU and Miami. Private high schools in Florida have
spent the whole school year in near normal (non-covid) conditions! And they have done fine!
I’ve followed politics of one kind or another for many years and perhaps you’ll be so kind as to explain to me why ESPN is liberal or conservative. ????

GO CARDS!!!

It is time that this game attendance limit be put to bed. Have any of you checked out SEC games lately? Ol Miss has 10,000+ at their games! I watched Vandy the other night, nice crowd! Emperor Andy and/or the ACC is killing
baseball in our conference. The Covid rules for games, stopping mid-week games, and the whole ridiculous testing
that pulls a whole team out of a week-end competition because of "contact tracing" is crazy. I am sick of it! For goodness sake, we are almost to May and this silliness continues!
I agree. The health and welfare of the student athletes and fans be damned! Listen, we've all got Covid fatigue. But, clearly, we are not out of the woods yet. We'll get there. The frustration is understandable. But, personally, not once have I given a damn about attendance. There are more important things regarding this team to focus on.

So my question is? If these are Commonwealth of Kentucky rules? Or are they Conference Rules? Bottom line is what does attendance look like at UK? Then you have your answer of who is responsible for having more butts in the seats? Is it Andy, or is it the ACC?? Anybody has the correct answer???
Since we are a public university, I'm assuming that it's the mandate set forth by the state. UofL was able to allow a higher percentage in about a month ago (20 percent to maybe 50) but adequate space is not there to allow for mandated distancing.
Once the distancing requirements narrow,more people will be allowed in.
That's the long answer to your question. The short being Ky.

28% of the county is fully vaccinated, ages 18 and up. Almost 40% of adults in Kentucky are fully vaccinated. Why do they continue with the 6' social distancing measures? The CDC has even recommended dropping that to 3' and the Governor just said outdoor events with less than 1000 people do not need to require masks. Time to get butts back in seats.

Reactions: PHCARD and Bardman
I'm just explaining where we were as of a couple of weeks ago. Things could be set to change anytime now.

Reactions: Jhectus18
Someone try to logically explain 51,000 fans at Churchill Downs and 1,200 across the street at Jim Patterson. Guess it's not the governor! Shame on someone, ACC or the governor! Reduced numbers at Clemson yesterday looks kind of silly when I switched over to see all those people at the Derby! There is no logic!

Someone try to logically explain 51,000 fans at Churchill Downs and 1,200 across the street at Jim Patterson. Guess it's not the governor! Shame on someone, ACC or the governor! Reduced numbers at Clemson yesterday looks kind of silly when I switched over to see all those people at the Derby! There is no logic!
The logic is square footage, the space to keep separated.

Uhhhh....no. Did you watch any if the derby? The grandstands were pretty full. No social distancing (which is garbage for outside any way) and many were not even wearing masks.

I'm not sure that there was a lot of enforcement of distancing at the track for sure,but there is more at the ballpark, probably because we're funded by the state. Churchill Downs likely gets a pass on Friday and Saturday,Idk.
Card X is right. The powers that be have come up with a number based on the square footage at Patterson. That formula has determined how many tickets they can sell.
Change the part in the formula about 6 ft distancing and we can get more behinds in the seats.
Is it fair? Probably not.

Uhhhh....no. Did you watch any if the derby? The grandstands were pretty full. No social distancing (which is garbage for outside any way) and many were not even wearing masks.
So people were breaking the rules. I’m surprised people drinking all day would get a little careless. The Derby typically hosts 170K. There were less than 60K there.

Logic! Whose logic? There is no logic! First of all, it's outdoors and the CDC has said you don't need to wear masks outdoor. And there was just an event across the street Sat. with 51,000 people, outdoors. How can anyone in their right mind turn around and say we have to set 6' apart at a baseball game because someone calculated the square feet of Patterson Stadium. The whole thing is ridiculous. Check out CDM's response after the game last night. Can anyone blame him? And whether it's 10% capacity or 60% capacity, the figures are all arbitrary and capricous!!

Reactions: rh62531
Good news is last night we didn’t have to wear masks.

Logic! Whose logic? There is no logic! First of all, it's outdoors and the CDC has said you don't need to wear masks outdoor. And there was just an event across the street Sat. with 51,000 people, outdoors. How can anyone in their right mind turn around and say we have to set 6' apart at a baseball game because someone calculated the square feet of Patterson Stadium. The whole thing is ridiculous. Check out CDM's response after the game last night. Can anyone blame him? And whether it's 10% capacity or 60% capacity, the figures are all arbitrary and capricous!!
Why can’t people understand that Covid is unlike anything we have experienced previously (especially how it is spread). It’s dynamic and ever changing. The reason for the loosening of the mask restrictions is because we now have a vaccine and the numbers are coming down (well in some places). Just because people chose not to wear masks at the Derby doesn’t mean it applies to everything. Who knows there might be a super spreader reaction from this weekend. CardX was talking about the restrictions that were in place before the CDC said that if you were vaccinated you don’t have to wear masks outdoors.

Wow, CDM is ticked off about the crowd limit. It is fricking ridiculous for folks outdoors 6 ft apart. The control and lies, flip flopping needs to stop.

Reactions: rh62531 and earsky
UofL needs to address this situation with the governor. These seating limitations are on him, and UofL’s administration. They don’t want to piss him off because of his influence on state funding of higher education. If you are wondering the other state schools are in the same boat. It all sucks.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: rh62531 and earsky
Wow, CDM is ticked off about the crowd limit. It is fricking ridiculous for folks outdoors 6 ft apart. The control and lies, flip flopping needs to stop.
I was a bit ticked myself, standing outside the left field fence. The only thing that saved it for me was the win... and the cheap beer.

Reactions: rh62531 and gocds
We also know the NCAA is about $$. I am betting schools who are open to greater attendance numbers will get the nod when it comes to hosting regionals/supers.

Why can’t people understand that Covid is unlike anything we have experienced previously (especially how it is spread). It’s dynamic and ever changing. The reason for the loosening of the mask restrictions is because we now have a vaccine and the numbers are coming down (well in some places). Just because people chose not to wear masks at the Derby doesn’t mean it applies to everything. Who knows there might be a super spreader reaction from this weekend. CardX was talking about the restrictions that were in place before the CDC said that if you were vaccinated you don’t have to wear masks outdoors.
It's been "made" to be unlike any other disease, but the immeasurable harm thrust upon all of us by this continuing shutdown and ongoing restrictions is well documented and in the final analysis, will prove far more deadly than any infectious disease! Scientific truth has been removed from discussion and replaced with political witchcraft! I do understand why so many people that only pay attention to the "mainstream media" are scared and are willing to follow unscientific mandates like sheep being lead to slaughter!

Reactions: rh62531 and Bardman
It's been "made" to be unlike any other disease, but the immeasurable harm thrust upon all of us by this continuing shutdown and ongoing restrictions is well documented and in the final analysis, will prove far more deadly than any infectious disease! Scientific truth has been removed from discussion and replaced with political witchcraft! I do understand why so many people that only pay attention to the "mainstream media" are scared and are willing to follow unscientific mandates like sheep being lead to slaughter!
Are we done whining yet? Cards got their biggest win of the season, a much needed win, and here we are. Eye on the ball, people.

Are we done whining yet? Cards got their biggest win of the season, a much needed win, and here we are. Eye on the ball, people.

If it ticks CDM, it ticks the fans. His team just pulled an upset of #2 Vandy and he had some gripes he felt important to express. It’s not whining, it’s called BS and CDM has had enough.

If it ticks CDM, it ticks the fans. His team just pulled an upset of #2 Vandy and he had some gripes he felt important to express. It’s not whining, it’s called BS and CDM has had enough.
Exactly! If complaining about seeing no fans in the stands from the center field camera is whining, then I will whine to the cows come home! It's an injustice to the players, coaches and fans who could be there and those of us far away that have to watch on tv. And perhaps our players and coaches would like some signs of life from the stadium. I think Dan made that very clear!

Focus seems misguided. To each their own.

Well, capacity was raised to 50% today! CDM must have gotten in Andy’s ear today .
I saw this. So, I'm assuming 50 means half the tickets can now be sold? I thought we were already at 50 percent of capacity,but couldn't sell 50 percent of the tickets because of spacing requirements.

I saw this. So, I'm assuming 50 means half the tickets can now be sold? I thought we were already at 50 percent of capacity,but couldn't sell 50 percent of the tickets because of spacing requirements.

No it has been 20%, around 800 folks. I would say based on what I’ve seen on mobile & TV, lots of no shows have been an issue.

Explain how increasing capacity at Patterson would improve the debacle at Clemson?

Ask our baseball team or our coach how it’s affected them? I don’t know too many folks around here that haven’t had their psyche messed up in some form or another the last year +++.

No it has been 20%, around 800 folks. I would say based on what I’ve seen on mobile & TV, lots of no shows have been an issue.
Yeah I think where I got confused was that when the state raised capacities to 50 percent about a month ago,UofL couldn't allow that because of distancing guidelines as it relates to the area size.
That 50 percent will now be allowed despite the distancing guidelines.
I guess those distancing guidelines have now been relaxed.
Hell if I know.

Yeah I think where I got confused was that when the state raised capacities to 50 percent about a month ago,UofL couldn't allow that because of distancing guidelines as it relates to the area size.
That 50 percent will now be allowed despite the distancing guidelines.
I guess those distancing guidelines have now been relaxed.
Hell if I know.
There is no playbook for a 100 year pandemic and the subsequent recovery/return to normal. You seem level headed about it all, unlike others...

I’m worried about the team ERA, RPI, BA, SOS, OB%, etc., while others are more focused on conspiracy theories. Again, to each their own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT