ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

ulcards1

1250+
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2002
Collision Course,

I would like to start with a thank you to Coach Satt and his staff for our success on the field this season and the way in which they handled themselves off the field. As a Card fan in my late 20s, I've been able to witness a great amount of success on the gridiron at UL over the course of my life. Liberty Bowl vs Boise, Blackout game, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Lamar, and many more. Oddly enough, my favorite moment in my UL football fandom was watching Charlie Strong stand on top of a picnic table inside of a baseball stadium in St. Petersburg after beating an average Southern Miss team. After Kragthorpe, Charlie and his staff were a breath of fresh air and the excitement at that moment and on the recruiting front was electric. I say all this to let the forum know I don't think we should win a National Championship every year, I don't think we are Alabama, and I am appreciative of what this staff has done in their time here.

I do want to raise a caution flag in regards to this recruiting class. I get that we went after guys we could get early on when our staff wasn't as proven, I understand that we had spots to filll. It doesn't take a Patriot's front office exec to realize we were soft up front defensively. Our rival down the road ran all over us on the way to an embarrassing outcome just weeks ago. We currently have 3 undersized DT's and one defensive end who is on his way to Tallahassee. We luckily get Boykin in January who i think is a stud. This is not an acceptable class given the depth we have up front. I don't know what i'm missing. This may have worked at App, but this will not work here.

Outside of the lack of quality and depth on the defensive line, where has the juice been? The days of Stephen Field running the recruiting visits/twitter seem long gone. Where has Cort Dennison been outside of the occasional like/retweet on twitter? He doesn't seem like the top up-and-coming recruiter anymore. Who else is a bonafide recruiter? Where is the full staff in-house ambush for a coveted target or long shot 4-5 star guy? Where are the big visitors looking for a free trip? We used to at least get the Trayvon Mullen, Divaad Wilson, and Ja'len Park's types on campus. Who were our big visitors outside of Louisville Legacy Dumervil? I think questions should be asked of this staff both to the strategy of addressing depth chart weaknesses and the intensity in which they pursue targets. I hope this is a product of the new staff and early signing period and not our strategy moving forward. Not sure where this class shakes out rankings wise but I know we haven't addressed our needs.

Go Cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: EKYCHOW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News