ADVERTISEMENT

Florida's New Basketball Coach

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
is Michael White.

Michael White's fit for Florida was the deciding factor for athletic director Jeremy Foley to hire the 38-year old from Louisiana Tech to replace Billy Donovan as coach of the Gators.

Foley said Friday being the right fit, "is huge for us, as big as anything. He is a perfect fit and I am convinced he wins big.''

This hire is testament to how basketball is regarded in the SEZ. And why LPT has always chosen to remain there.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Reactions: cardsfan53
This hire is testament to how basketball is regarded in the SEZ. And why LPT has always chosen to remain there.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Probably true, but Foley knocked it out of the park the last time he hired a basketball coach. Maybe he's done it again. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Zipp, I love to bash the SEC and cheer against all their teams in every sport. But, I have to agree with Cue that only time will tell with this hire. I watched Donovan's departing press conference and really liked the way Foley came across. I truly believe that the guy wants his program to continue success in basketball. A few hires to chew on, Denny Crum to Louisville and Bobby Petrino (the first time) to Louisville. I believe we were pretty serious about winning at each of these moments in time yet hired unproven ASSISTANT COACHES! Hell, we can't go dogging Foley and White's hire too much, at least his guy is somewhat of a proven head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT