ADVERTISEMENT

Florida St left out

I completely disagree with that logic.

What if the stud pitcher or slugger of a baseball playoff team is injured and out right before the series they're slotted for? Should MLB throw out that team an substitute the next best team? Absolutely not!
bad analogy, baseball teams have multiple pitchers in expanded playoff roster, they can up to 15 more players so they have tons of options. one man down doesn't mean a series or even a game loss. it hurts, but there's an enormous dropoff in most cases from a heismann potential candidate to the 2nd string guy. we lost jaire alexander and the season went bye bye as we had no backup. in football, one guy can be that game changer and even though the same can be said for baseball, a lot of times the best pitcher gets rocked and the best hitter get's nothing as he gets pitched around. there's way too many ways around a baseball player going down than there is a highly skilled, game changing football player. you lose oyur qb, and in 99% of the cases your team loses too against good opponents. i get why you made your point, but not apples to apples. better example is one i made in bball as 5 players on court but one can be dominant. kenyon martin was dominant and without him they were nothing. take away carmelo from syracuse, anthony davis from uk, tebow from florida, young from tx, stetson from GA, and all those teams don;t win. but in baseball, lose a player and you can still succeed as just too many options to replace and get around him. good try though.

btw, why are we feeling sad for FSU when they think they are the main attention getter in the acc, wanted to leave because they are the #1 view in the country, and how could there be a bias to the sec if fsu thinks they deserve all the attention? i think it fffing hilarious that they are suffering. no different than us going to SD, wtf up with that.

I think some fans are slowly coming to the realization that it's about $ and they don't like it. I don't think it's about FSU directly.

another
Bama hasn't been dominant. They beat Arky and Auburn by 3 and the Auburn win was a miracle. Arky is 4-8 and Auburn is 6-6. They beat A&M by 6. A&M fired their coach. They only scored 17 vs USF.

They deserve credit for their season but it wasn't an airtight case
they dominated ranked LSU, Tennessee, and Georgia

I completely disagree with that logic.

What if the stud pitcher or slugger of a baseball playoff team is injured and out right before the series they're slotted for? Should MLB throw out that team an substitute the next best team? Absolutely not!
another reason baseball is not a good analogy is baseball has a structured, balanced schedule where every team plays every other team equally, and they know 100% that where they finish is where they will be slotted in the playoffs. in college, ranking are 100% purely subjective. no two teams play the same opponents all year, teams play cupcakes and teams schedule based on things that have nothing to do with fairness. so there's no removing a team in baseball if an injury but in college sports, since 100% subjective rankings, it's all about what you are doing right now. and if you were to be objective, all of you, and rank the top 4 teams in the country right now on who you think is the best, FSU at best is 6th. they are a 2 touchdown underdog against GA, you think they'd be any better against the final 4? nope, so you'd rank them 5th at best, most likely 6th, so why do they deserve to be in the top 4? just because they are undefeated? so again, good try on your point, but not a good comparison.

another reason baseball is not a good analogy is baseball has a structured, balanced schedule where every team plays every other team equally, and they know 100% that where they finish is where they will be slotted in the playoffs. in college, ranking are 100% purely subjective. no two teams play the same opponents all year, teams play cupcakes and teams schedule based on things that have nothing to do with fairness. so there's no removing a team in baseball if an injury but in college sports, since 100% subjective rankings, it's all about what you are doing right now. and if you were to be objective, all of you, and rank the top 4 teams in the country right now on who you think is the best, FSU at best is 6th. they are a 2 touchdown underdog against GA, you think they'd be any better against the final 4? nope, so you'd rank them 5th at best, most likely 6th, so why do they deserve to be in the top 4? just because they are undefeated? so again, good try on your point, but not a good comparison.
It has not one damn thing to do with "what we think". It has everything to do with what they EARNED.

This is about money, PERIOD. WGAF if they win or lose, they EARNED it.

Must have been good enough for you to spend a bunch of time on it.

I have mixed emotions about this. First, feel the ACC was disrespected by the committee…but maybe not as much as the ACC was disrespected by FSU earlier this year. Have a hard time feeling sorry for them.
The primary focus should probably be on understanding ESPN is in control and where all this has been heading. Things had a way of taking care of itself for them most years, but for the first time maybe it was hammered home what's going on this year.

Of course both sides of everything can always be argued. But there is no doubt this is all about $ and who is in charge.

I believe majority of UofL fans and fans of other programs "not in the ESPN club" see what's going on. You have a few hanging on to the tooth fairy yeah, and maybe those are fans not ready to come to grips with the reality of the big picture.

It's a risk to alienate a large segment of the country by rigging and/or limiting access. This younger generation isn't riding and dying with it so I'm starting to wonder if this model is going to work out for the powers that be.

The primary focus should probably be on understanding ESPN is in control and where all this has been heading. Things had a way of taking care of itself for them most years, but for the first time maybe it was hammered home what's going on this year.

Of course both sides of everything can always be argued. But there is no doubt this is all about $ and who is in charge.

I believe majority of UofL fans and fans of other programs "not in the ESPN club" see what's going on. You have a few hanging on to the tooth fairy yeah, and maybe those are fans not ready to come to grips with the reality of the big picture.

It's a risk to alienate a large segment of the country by rigging and/or limiting access. This younger generation isn't riding and dying with it so I'm starting to wonder if this model is going to work out for the powers that be.
Seems though ESPN is banking on FB college FB playoffs still getting views, but I for one will not watch one minute of the playoffs. I don’t believe in the tooth fairy and I don’t believe in college FB not being rigged

I have mixed emotions about this. First, feel the ACC was disrespected by the committee…but maybe not as much as the ACC was disrespected by FSU earlier this year. Have a hard time feeling sorry for them.
Disrespectful by FSU how?

Seems though ESPN is banking on the FB still getting views, but I for one will not watch one minute of the playoffs. I don believe in the tooth fairy and I don’t believe in college FB not being rigged
Gambling has a kung fu grip on a lot of people. I probably don't watch much either, I may check out Washington since they are a new face, but I'm not tripping over myself to make sure I don't miss their game.

I think some fans accusing people like you and I of being conspiracy theorists are just in denial, and I get that. Nobody wants to think they are watching WWF level stuff, we put a lot of our time into all this.

Nobody will ever convince me ESPN isn't running the show. And with that, the integrity is out the window. The culture was already corrupt for other reasons, this is just the endgame part of it.

If they did to UofL what they did to FSU I'd walk away permanently I think. I got a bud that I go tailgate with and I'd stick with that part of it, go to a game just to be with him and get some brews etc.

To each their own.

Gambling has a kung fu grip on a lot of people. I probably don't watch much either, I may check out Washington since they are a new face, but I'm not tripping over myself to make sure I don't miss their game.

I think some fans accusing people like you and I of being conspiracy theorists are just in denial, and I get that. Nobody wants to think they are watching WWF level stuff, we put a lot of our time into all this.

Nobody will ever convince me ESPN isn't running the show. And with that, the integrity is out the window. The culture was already corrupt for other reasons, this is just the endgame part of it.

If they did to UofL what they did to FSU I'd walk away permanently I think. I got a bud that I go tailgate with and I'd stick with that part of it, go to a game just to be with him and get some brews etc.

To each their own.
If they did that to FSU they would do to any other ACC university in a blink of an eye and not think twice, except maybe Clemson, but I’m not sure their immune from it anymore.

Disrespectful by FSU how?
Being very public about wanting to leave the acc - including exploring legal options to invalidate the GOR / agreement that they signed onto.

While I feel bad in theory for fsu, another part of me thinks that it’s hilarious that they were screwed over by the conference that they actively tried to screw the acc over to join.

Being very public about wanting to leave the acc - including exploring legal options to invalidate the GOR / agreement that they signed onto.

While I feel bad in theory for fsu, another part of me thinks that it’s hilarious that they were screwed over by the conference that they actively tried to screw the acc over to join.
I don’t see the first paragraph as disrespecting the Cards, maybe the ACC.
Now as for your second paragraph, that part is kinda poetic Justice, I’ll give you that. It was the ultimate FU

Now as for your second paragraph, that part is kinda poetic Justice, I’ll give you that. It was the ultimate FU
I agree - it wasn’t disrespectful of UofL. The post from OldhamCard suggested that fsu was disrespectful of the acc as a whole. That’s what I was referring to.

Never said a word about the Cards being disrespected.

Dumbing down like ukay to makesure you get 4 wins then just have to beat Vandy and insert one of the other non-performing football members miss st, fla, tex a&m, or 4th & 31. Puff pastry 6 baby!!!
Keep in mind winning is all that matters. What sense does it make to schedule UGA and Texas AM? The chances of winning those games are small. It on hurts your chances in the playoff. Now in a 1 game playoff let’s see what happens against them. Keep in mind baking in 4 wins in the ACC is different than SEC. The path to 10 wins is much easier. See what happens to recruiting-respect if they consistently are pushing 10 wins.

With the playoff consistently being in the discussion breaking through occasionally is the goal. Playing Georgia and Texas A&M is all risk very little reward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT