ADVERTISEMENT

Florida St left out

knocks cards out of orange bowl, fsu goes now. probably El Paso Sun bowl vs Oregon st

The committee just couldn’t stand not having Bama in the CFP. This is disgraceful that an undefeated conference Champion gets left out. But like I said last night they are going to use the “ They can’t compete with ( name the team) with a back up QB.Leaving Bama out for one more year wouldn’t have mattered to anyone outside of the state of Alabama for one more year. Next year all of this will be out the window when they expand to 12. We as Louisville fans who fight so hard to get respect in the ACC when it’s the ACC who should be fighting to get its respect nationally. I just wonder if that was Clemson would they have screwed them over?

The committee just couldn’t stand not having Bama in the CFP. This is disgraceful that an undefeated conference Champion gets left out. But like I said last night they are going to use the “ They can’t compete with ( name the team) with a back up QB.Leaving Bama out for one more year wouldn’t have mattered to anyone outside of the state of Alabama for one more year. Next year all of this will be out the window when they expand to 12. We as Louisville fans who fight so hard to get respect in the ACC when it’s the ACC who should be fighting to get its respect nationally. I just wonder if that was Clemson would they have screwed them over?
It's the same thing the bball tourney did to Cincy back in 1990 i think when Kenyon Martin got hurt and they said their record no loner mattered, they weren't as good w/o him so they go #2 seed and got totally screwed. i think what they did is to take the 4 best teams at this exact moment. if you looked at each team and put them in head to head matchups, there's not a single scenario where FSU would be favored in any game. and that's an honest assessment. Bama's only loss came to Texas to start the year and they've been dominant pretty much. it's not a knock on the ACC, it's a knock that they lost they're best qb and no one close as good so they got discounted. the reality is, as of the final games of the season, the four best teams were chosen to play each other and that's the ultimate goal of the playoff is it not, to pit the four best teams against each other? FSU is not one of the four best teams at this moment, their record may be but their on field performance and potential is not. had Washington, alabama or TX lost their qb they would have had same thing happen.

Potential shouldn't have anything to do with it, otherwise why play the games. When you have people involved in decision making, biases can and will be a part of it even if they say they dont. The fact is state won all their games even with the 2nd and 3rd string qb's. State was being disrespected even with Travis and I have no doubt the committee would have looked into ways of leaving them out anyway.

F@ck Turdstreak and f#ck the committee. My one TV won't matter, but I won't be watching any game but ours. F@ck all of the "leagueists" and their g0dd@mn "leaguism".

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
F@ck Turdstreak and f#ck the committee. My one TV won't matter, but I won't be watching any game but ours. F@ck all of the "leagueists" and their g0dd@mn "leaguism".
Facts I will watch our Bowl and not another one. The national disrespect of the ACC has to stop. I am also a Cowboys fan and I have had it up to my eyeballs with the talking heads pushing their personal agendas.

i think what they did is to take the 4 best teams at this exact moment. if you looked at each team and put them in head to head matchups, there's not a single scenario where FSU would be favored in any game. and that's an honest assessment. Bama's only loss came to Texas to start the year and they've been dominant pretty much. it's not a knock on the ACC, it's a knock that they lost they're best qb and no one close as good so they got discounted. the reality is, as of the final games of the season, the four best teams were chosen to play each other and that's the ultimate goal of the playoff is it not, to pit the four best teams against each other? FSU is not one of the four best teams at this moment, their record may be but their on field performance and potential is not. had Washington, alabama or TX lost their qb they would have had same thing happen.
^ This

Disney is a powerful entity in the USA. ESPN Network is a very coveted asset of Disney, and SEC Football is a very coveted asset of ESPN Network.

Reactions: rh62531
Potential shouldn't have anything to do with it, otherwise why play the games. When you have people involved in decision making, biases can and will be a part of it even if they say they dont. The fact is state won all their games even with the 2nd and 3rd string qb's. State was being disrespected even with Travis and I have no doubt the committee would have looked into ways of leaving them out anyway.
beg to differ, claudia schiffer, but exact opposite is true. simply look at it as if Vegas were putting the top 4 teams in based on their odds of winning the title. betting odds are all about potential, that's the hook. if a player gets hurt betting odds instantly change and bettors will change their choices based on injury status. no one is betting money line for FSU to win any game agaisnt any top 10 team. . don''t know why you would have any issue with potential, they don't have a qb with any experience going against teams with seasoned vets as their qbs. again, vegas is all about potential every single game. who's playing is 100% a cause/effect upon odds. if we simply put the top four teams according to vegas in the playoff you'd have the same four teams, imho. potential is everything. and FSU has none. heck, i'd bet last night you thought we'd have more potential to win the game both after jordan got hurt and then even more so after backup got hurt. if you were betting, i'm sure you were much happier about our potential last night. hence, it has everything to do with everything in every sport. there'd be no odds set in any game until kickoff if there was no potential of what woudl happen. potential=prognostication

beg to differ, claudia schiffer, but exact opposite is true. simply look at it as if Vegas were putting the top 4 teams in based on their odds of winning the title. betting odds are all about potential, that's the hook. if a player gets hurt betting odds instantly change and bettors will change their choices based on injury status. no one is betting money line for FSU to win any game agaisnt any top 10 team. . don''t know why you would have any issue with potential, they don't have a qb with any experience going against teams with seasoned vets as their qbs. again, vegas is all about potential every single game. who's playing is 100% a cause/effect upon odds. if we simply put the top four teams according to vegas in the playoff you'd have the same four teams, imho. potential is everything. and FSU has none. heck, i'd bet last night you thought we'd have more potential to win the game both after jordan got hurt and then even more so after backup got hurt. if you were betting, i'm sure you were much happier about our potential last night. hence, it has everything to do with everything in every sport. there'd be no odds set in any game until kickoff if there was no potential of what woudl happen. potential=prognostication
BS, " you are what your record says you are." If schedules don't matter, neither does the committee, the CFP is a popularity/money contest.

Reactions: Mayoman and BPGhost
Somehow, someway. I think our loss to the Slappies devalued FSU's win last night in the committee's eyes as much as the injury to Travis. Witness our lack of a bowl berth at this moment.

BS, " you are what your record says you are." If schedules don't matter, neither does the committee, the CFP is a popularity/money contest.
they took the four best teams, simply, if you rated each team as to who you think is best, pretty sure common consensus would be UM, UW, UT, UA, GA, then toss up between Oregon and FSU. again, the goal is to get the best four teams, not the team with the best record. fsu barely beat FL at home and barely beat us at home. they didn't show anything to give anyone the impression that they can beat anyone else but us. missouri would beat them, oregan st and oregon would beat them. of course they do play the games but vegas is pretty much always right and the odds are a very good indicator of reality.

Bama's only loss came to Texas to start the year and they've been dominant pretty much.
Bama hasn't been dominant. They beat Arky and Auburn by 3 and the Auburn win was a miracle. Arky is 4-8 and Auburn is 6-6. They beat A&M by 6. A&M fired their coach. They only scored 17 vs USF.

They deserve credit for their season but it wasn't an airtight case

they took the four best teams, simply, if you rated each team as to who you think is best, pretty sure common consensus would be UM, UW, UT, UA, GA, then toss up between Oregon and FSU. again, the goal is to get the best four teams, not the team with the best record. fsu barely beat FL at home and barely beat us at home. they didn't show anything to give anyone the impression that they can beat anyone else but us. missouri would beat them, oregan st and oregon would beat them. of course they do play the games but vegas is pretty much always right and the odds are a very good indicator of reality.
The problem with your theory is that it is completely at odds with the way that they’ve stated they would do it AND, the way that they have done it since the inception of the 4 team playoff.

“The best four teams” is wholly subjective depending upon who you ask and, that should not be the criteria. The criteria should be - the four most deserving teams based upon their body of work - with an emphasis on W/L record and, whether they won their conference championship.

That is at least an objective way to determine things.

Note that FSU is, I think, the only team in the top 13 of the CFP standings that will not be a part of the SEC or the B1G next year. We could easily be looking at future playoffs that have the ACC champ, the Big12 champ, one G5 team, ND (as long as they lose no more than 2 games) and 8 from the SEC and B1G. On the one hand, having the opportunity to get in as the ACC champ is good, but FSU and Clemson may be even more determined to leave the conference now, further degrading the status of the conference and possibly even causing that auto-bid opportunity to vanish. Maybe FSU can find a way to beat Georgia, and then they can declare themselves National Champs like UCF did a few years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman and rh62531
In my opinion, the committee got it “right.”

The Cards blew a golden opportunity last night. If the Cards had a better QB and better play calling last night, FSU is out anyway. Almost any other top 10 playoff team, would have beat FSU last night.

The problem with your theory is that it is completely at odds with the way that they’ve stated they would do it AND, the way that they have done it since the inception of the 4 team playoff.

“The best four teams” is wholly subjective depending upon who you ask and, that should not be the criteria. The criteria should be - the four most deserving teams based upon their body of work - with an emphasis on W/L record and, whether they won their conference championship.

That is at least an objective way to determine things.
It’s all wholly subjective. It’s a bunch of stupid opinions. May as well go back to the writers poll and the coaches poll to determine NC. What’s the difference?

It's the same thing the bball tourney did to Cincy back in 1990 i think when Kenyon Martin got hurt and they said their record no loner mattered, they weren't as good w/o him so they go #2 seed and got totally screwed. i think what they did is to take the 4 best teams at this exact moment. if you looked at each team and put them in head to head matchups, there's not a single scenario where FSU would be favored in any game. and that's an honest assessment. Bama's only loss came to Texas to start the year and they've been dominant pretty much. it's not a knock on the ACC, it's a knock that they lost they're best qb and no one close as good so they got discounted. the reality is, as of the final games of the season, the four best teams were chosen to play each other and that's the ultimate goal of the playoff is it not, to pit the four best teams against each other? FSU is not one of the four best teams at this moment, their record may be but their on field performance and potential is not. had Washington, alabama or TX lost their qb they would have had same thing happen.
I completely disagree with that logic.

What if the stud pitcher or slugger of a baseball playoff team is injured and out right before the series they're slotted for? Should MLB throw out that team an substitute the next best team? Absolutely not!

Note that FSU is, I think, the only team in the top 13 of the CFP standings that will not be a part of the SEC or the B1G next year. We could easily be looking at future playoffs that have the ACC champ, the Big12 champ, one G5 team, ND (as long as they lose no more than 2 games) and 8 from the SEC and B1G. On the one hand, having the opportunity to get in as the ACC champ is good, but FSU and Clemson may be even more determined to leave the conference now, further degrading the status of the conference and possibly even causing that auto-bid opportunity to vanish. Maybe FSU can find a way to beat Georgia, and then they can declare themselves National Champs like UCF did a few years ago.
Your scenario here is what I've been saying for 2 weeks. It will be the SEC/B1G INVITATIONAL starting next year.

• Wow
The system has always been rigged. It starts with recruiting. The SEC gets the majority of elite recruits. The preseason polls are heavily weighed toward talent on the roster. SEC gets more teams ranked. They play no one in non conference and even if they lose the have the SEC games to artificially prop them back up. If a preseason ranked team isn’t any good and another SEC beats them they immediately get a bump. Repeats itself over and over.

Louisville lands a top 5 transfer class not ranked. Flip that to a SEC school they get ranked especially if it is a brand like Auburn or Florida.

The only way to protect the Big 12 and ACC is to limit the playoff participation to the TOP 2 teams in each Power 5 conferences. Leave 2 spots for non Power 5 teams. 2 at large. Place requirements for the each conference slot. In down years a conference can lose that 2nd spot.

Dumb down the non conference schedule immediately.

• Wow
In my opinion, the committee got it “right.”

The Cards blew a golden opportunity last night. If the Cards had a better QB and better play calling last night, FSU is out anyway. Almost any other top 10 playoff team, would have beat FSU last night.
Looking at something in an objective / unbiased way should eliminate the reliance on “ifs” and “almosts” and instead, focuses on what actually happened.

A P5 team went undefeated and won their conference - including three top 25 wins - and were passed over by not one, but two teams who lost games.

Complete travesty.

After riding the light rail with a bunch of FSU fans Sat night, I could care less what happened to them. As a fan, I'm embarrassed that we lost to a 3rd string QB. I really only care about U of L. Yeah, its not what we envisioned after being 10-1 but these last 2 games tell me that the Holiday Bowl or even any bowl against an unranked opponent might be the best way to salvage a really good season. 11-3 and a bowl game winner sounds better than a 10-4 team with a 3 game losing streak.

U
GA barely beat GT , what's your point, We could do this all day. This is the FIRST time in history that an undefeated Conference Champion was left out. By your logic, Bama shouldn't be there either because they lost to Texas.

Reactions: BPGhost
The committee still ranked FSU 5th, so they thought they were better than Georgia, OSU, Oregon, right? Let’s face it, the SEC was going to be left out, so they changed the criteria for inclusion. FSU deserved to be for the season they had PERIOD.

Reactions: UofLouisville
U

GA barely beat GT , what's your point, We could do this all day. This is the FIRST time in history that an undefeated Conference Champion was left out. By your logic, Bama shouldn't be there either because they lost to Texas.
Rivalry games are a different animal. We, if anybody should realize that.

Feel sorry for the FSU team and staff. Give me a break about their citing moral issues when this school spent the entire year attempting to break their contract with the ACC so that they could join the very conference that is now using their clout to ban them from the playoffs. If FSU is looking for loyalty from the other ACC members, how about demonstrating that you have some yourself.

It's all about $. As others said starts with $ to get best players and best coaches. I imagine officiating is pretty hilarious too. If the rigging doesn't handle it after all that, a fake committee can just put in who the $ dictates in the end. Somewhere inbetween flood the zone to brainwash the masses.

It's not results driven. Most the time they achieve the desired results without having to put their thumb directly on the scale. This time they needed the extra push.

Dumb down the non conference schedule immediately.
Dumbing down like ukay to makesure you get 4 wins then just have to beat Vandy and insert one of the other non-performing football members miss st, fla, tex a&m, or 4th & 31. Puff pastry 6 baby!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT