ADVERTISEMENT

Flattering column in the Lexington paper about the Cards

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
By John Clay. Very truthful and very complimentary of the Louisville Baseball program.

Good thing UKay fans don't give a crap about baseball or anything not Coached by a squid or else Mr. Clay would be receiving death threats.

Cards rule Cayuts

Originally posted by Pervis_Griffith:

Thanks for sharing. That was solid.

Yes and the Lexington Herald Leader sports columnist was much more complimentary to the Cards and their dominant win than the local C-J columnist Sullivan was. All he could write about was how shady Chittenden's slide was and how unfair it was that they tossed the UKay player for ramming into Gibson.

Figures. GO CARDS! ! !

Originally posted by Louisvillian:

Yes and the Lexington Herald Leader sports columnist was much more complimentary to the Cards and their dominant win than the local C-J columnist Sullivan was. All he could write about was how shady Chittenden's slide was and how unfair it was that they tossed the UKay player for ramming into Gibson.

Figures. GO CARDS! ! !
Have we really reached this point? Where the Herald is more balanced than the CJ?

And for my personal input, I think both players should have gotten ejected, or neither at all.

This post was edited on 6/2 1:39 PM by Majestic Red

Originally posted by Majestic Red:
Originally posted by Louisvillian:

Figures. GO CARDS! ! !
Have we really reached this point? Where the Herald is more balanced than the CJ?

And for my personal input, I think both players should have gotten ejected, or neither at all.

This post was edited on 6/2 1:39 PM by Majestic Red
Yes on your 1st point Red. The 2nd I think that only Alex knows what his intentions were in the heat of a frustrating moment but college baseball rules dictate that Bernal had to be tossed. I'll admit it looked bad on TV but only Chitty knows if he was just trying to get under the tag any way he could and dislodge the ball or he just got caught up in this nasty rivalry.

I'll worry about the never Super program from Lexington from my seat at JPS next weekend and then hopefully from Eastern Nebraska the following week. Might even send the losers a postcard!
happy0026.r191677.gif

Who got thrown out was based on the rules. The U o f K player went high, Chittenden low.

Originally posted by baseonballs:
Who got thrown out was based on the rules. The U o f K player went high, Chittenden low.

This. Alex did what he was supposed to do by sliding. The uk player did exactly what he was not supposed to do and lowered his shoulder. I chalk both plays up to hard nosed baseball in an intense game and don't think either one was malicious but the rules are the rules.

Bernal was insane to block the basepath with a runner going home.

My read was that Chit went low to perform the contact - dam right - but he knew he could not go in high and stay in the game - or have a chance to score. His was actually a fairly halfhearted effort to deal with an amateur Kamakazi moron at the game of baseball.

You could invent a more ironic turn than seeing Bernal getting bounced for physicality the wrong way. Perfect.
This post was edited on 6/6 8:29 AM by Senore2006

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT