ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Few tidbits from the weekend...

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
This should probably could go on the Collision Course, but feel like the PRB crowd would get more out of it...

Nothing earth-shattering, but a few things to pass along:

Football:

- I posted on Friday that UofL would be getting a private airplane hanger to host the recruits and their families. The pictures and videos that have come out show that did take place, as did the Downs after Dark trip.

- Early indications are that the weekend went as well as it possibly could, and I'd be prepared for another wave of commitments in the near future.

- Not that this should come as a surprise, but had a source reiterate that Satterfield and the staff are fully embracing the new world of NIL, and Louisville's efforts there are good enough to compete with just about anybody in the country.

- Hard to really state how big of a hire Lance Taylor was. Multiple people have told me over the last week just how much of an impact he's having in recruiting and with the offense as a whole.

Again, nothing crazy, but just wanted to jot some thoughts down as info starts to trickle in.

Basketball:

- Had it repeated to me that the staff is as calm as could be, and they really like what they have and what they are putting together for the future. Obviously there is some angst amongst the fanbase, but optimism is flowing from the folks inside the program.

- On the strength and conditioning coach situation: the women's S&C coach is still running workouts. I was told that KP wants somebody who operates the opposite of Andy Kettler.

- Building off of that, KP doesn't want the bulk, and he believes that the extra build in the shoulders of last year's team messed with the shooting. So the search continues, but KP certainly knows what he wants.

- The early buzz from workouts is that Kamari Lands will be ready to play significant minutes as a freshman, and will play mostly play the two guard.

- The other player who I've heard is having a good summer thus far is Jae'Lyn Withers. I was told he will play the three spot primarily.

- On the roster: Oak Ridge PG Fabio Basili will begin his visit tomorrow. He was teammates with Mike James, and even thought he's currently in the 2023 class, he has played four years of high school basketball.

- I was told that the expectation is for him to jump back into the 2022 class, and would be a player for this year's roster. He doesn't have a crazy ranking or an offer sheet that will jump out at you, but the staff "very much" likes Basili and the word "special" was even mentioned in a conversation I had. I get that the expectation moving forward is to land big-time talent, but there's no reason to not trust this staff's talent evaluation.

I will add more as I hear back from a few sources, but that's all I have for now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News