ADVERTISEMENT

Fascinating post @ the UK Board.

I would have preferred if you linked the threads over the summer where they claimed Towles was the top QB in the SEC and then linked the threads immediately after the FLA game where they were off the Towles bandwagon.

As for the thread you linked, no moment can compare to the LSU game where they gave their coach a gatorade bath and stormed the field in a game they lost.

I would have preferred if you linked the threads over the summer where they claimed Towles was the top QB in the SEC and then linked the threads immediately after the FLA game where they were off the Towles bandwagon.

As for the thread you linked, no moment can compare to the LSU game where they gave their coach a gatorade bath and stormed the field in a game they lost.

I had great seats behind the UK bench for that game. I turned to the person next to me and said "bad " move leaving time on the clock. The rest is history. Should have seen the disbelief among the fans. Utter despair.

FWIW, they should have kept Guy Morrison.

Reactions: American Male
Kinda like Bret Farve beat you guys a few years back on that same type of play?

True, that was back in 1989. However, I don't remember any UofL fans storming the field or giving Howard Schnellenberger a Gatorade bath before the miraculous Favre TD pass.

You have to think that LSU loss was the greatest insertion of fan pain imaginable.
It was really bad and I was unfortunately on the field even though I wasn't convinced it was over.
Was just giving my friend a hard time two days ago about talking me into going down there.
That was a long azz 3 1/2 hour drive home...

True, that was back in 1989. However, I don't remember any UofL fans storming the field or giving Howard Schnellenberger a Gatorade bath before the miraculous Favre TD pass.

Yes, the fans weren't in celebration mode, they were already bummed because it appeared the game was going to end in a 10-10 tie. Neither team was ranked and although UofL thought they had a team to take out USM, who had had our number for several years it wouldn't have been some big win against a top 20 win. So the plays were similar but the situations were totally different. UK had the game won, they had the lead and it was going to be a big program win, the stadium was buzzing, fans were on the field trying to tear down the goalposts on one end while LSU was winning at the other. I don't think there's ever been a game like that, with that type of shocking heartbreak. It's kind of lame for uk to bring up the USM game as if they somehow make the LSU miracle better.

Kinda like Bret Farve beat you guys a few years back on that same type of play?

Not kinda like it at all champ.

Key ingredients missing. Gatorade bath for coach prior to losing and the storming of the field prior to losing. Hail Mary plays happen. The other stuff, not so much.

You fail with the correlation game as badly as you fail with spelling.

It was really bad and I was unfortunately on the field even though I wasn't convinced it was over.
Was just giving my friend a hard time two days ago about talking me into going down there.
That was a long azz 3 1/2 hour drive home...

A guy owning up to it. Good for you man.

Yeah every team will be part of some kind of meltdown if enough games are played.

It happens.

But that one ranks right up there in a Leon Lett sort of way.

I was watching that LSU game in my dorm with a kid from Louisiana. Horrible.

Luckily, I wasn't giving him a hard time, so he didn't give me too hard a time. I legitimately think he felt bad for me (and by proxy, all of UK football).

Oddly, though I wasn't there, that game doesn't crack the top 10 most frustrated I've been by a UK game. That was so surreal I don't think I processed enough to be upset. Way more frustrated by some of the UT games over the years.

I can't believe what I am reading on the uk boards. They actually think they are better than Louisville. I hope they come into our game 5-6 just so we can send them home again! Louisville wins 42-0!

I can't believe what I am reading on the uk boards. They actually think they are better than Louisville. I hope they come into our game 5-6 just so we can send them home again! Louisville wins 42-0!
How bout them Cats?

You aren't a UofL fan.

I can't believe no one mentioned the 2000 loss to Louisville. Score tied, less than a minute to play, UK first and goal on the two. Three failed runs, two by the biggest quarterback in football then a blocked field goal and a loss in OT. And all that followed by Mumme's "They live to beat us" speech.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT