ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN with Kevin and Tom Luginbill UK is a.....

cardstud1

5000+
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2006
PRETENTER when rated with rest of SEC East! Not only did they rate UK as pretenders but, Vanderbilt, and USCjr. as well. Stoops was given credit for upgrading UKs recruiting efforts and as yet have a way to go!
Missou. lurks at the top of contenders and UF at bottom of contenders.

LPT doesn't get respect from 3rd party observers or even their own conference. And their fans come here expecting us to show them respect.

LPT Football: We have to go somewhere...

LPT doesn't get respect from 3rd party observers or even their own conference. And their fans come here expecting us to show them respect.

I was thinking the same thing when I started reading this thread. I haven't looked at the pre-season magazines yet, but I'm guessing every one of them will have the SEC East with UK second to last ahead of Vandy. It's just silly to take UofL fans to task for thinking the same thing the rest of the country thinks about UK. They are a bottom feeder in the SEC East until proven otherwise.

Too damn true. Thats why its funny that the Billy guy in the other threads keeps trying to convince us otherwise.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm simply pointing out that UK was better last year than the previous year. And I feel they will improve this year as well due to depth and experience.
I saw the threads about UK and thought I'd comment.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm simply pointing out that UK was better last year than the previous year. And I feel they will improve this year as well due to depth and experience.
Bill is an excellent fan....his staying power is what makes 'fans' mean just what the term is short for: 'fanatics', lol.

UK fans cannot be blamed for searching so hard for bumps forward for their program. What may be even more surprising is that they actually have any fans at all.

Reactions: atiba
Bill is an excellent fan....his staying power is what makes 'fans' mean just what the term is short for: 'fanatics', lol.

UK fans cannot be blamed for searching so hard for bumps forward for their program. What may be even more surprising is that they actually have any fans at all.

This made me laugh.

What I don't understand from the LPT Bills of the world is why they get frustrated or agitated at their treatment here. Nobody else respects them--why should we?

Bill was keeping his cool when he first showed up. But now he acts like he can't understand all the push back, asking us if we "just want to argue". Evidently, no one else agrees with LPT football fans either. So, why the frustration with U of L fans??

LPT Football: The disrespect just gets to us sometimes...

It's not the push back Zipp. Hell I expect that, I don't expect you guys to like UK or see things the way I do.
I've been respectful, trying to make counterpoints. It just seems that some can't bring themselves to agree with a UK fan. I'm not like that, I have no problem agreeing with a Louisville fan if they're making a valid point.

Reactions: Mayoman
When I posted the fact that Coach Stoops was 1-17 against top 100 opponents, Bill questioned it. He asked why I chose top 100, when many of their losses were against top 50 opponents. Losing to top 50 opponents is more impressive than losing to top 100 opponents. That is the stuff Cat fans are made of. C1180, over on the UK site, responded to the same facts wanting me to look back ten years. I'm sure that the ten year record is better than 1-17, but it is not good, and that really doesn't support the current regime anyway. They are 1-17, six straight losses, forever since a road win, and they think they are about to compete for the SEC title. They might, but they need to do it on the field before the message board posters will have ANY credibility.

When I posted the fact that Coach Stoops was 1-17 against top 100 opponents, Bill questioned it. He asked why I chose top 100, when many of their losses were against top 50 opponents. Losing to top 50 opponents is more impressive than losing to top 100 opponents. That is the stuff Cat fans are made of. C1180, over on the UK site, responded to the same facts wanting me to look back ten years. I'm sure that the ten year record is better than 1-17, but it is not good, and that really doesn't support the current regime anyway. They are 1-17, six straight losses, forever since a road win, and they think they are about to compete for the SEC title. They might, but they need to do it on the field before the message board posters will have ANY credibility.

It's a valid question Hedley, especially when 7 of UK's opponents were in the top 30. There's a big difference between a top 25 team and top 80, 90 or a 100 team wouldn't you say?

I know why you used that, because Louisvilles numbers against the top 30 looked bad too.

Where did I or anyone else imply UK is about to compete for an sec title? All I said was the team has improved from Stoops first year. And I stand by that.

We're just discussing football on here. None of us have any say at all in either of our teams performance.

Where did I or anyone else imply UK is about to compete for an sec title? All I said was the team has improved from Stoops first year. And I stand by that...
Regardless of what you believe or stand by, why do you keep hammering on that point HERE while no one anywhere else believes it either? (Read these reports from SEC Media Days as evidence.)

No offense, but why are we the lucky ones to be garnering all of your attention??

LPT Football: Seeking validation from U of L...

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Why even play the games if media days predicts the season? They're just predictions, they didn't predict mizzou to win the east the last two years, in fact they've only predicted the sec champ correctly once in the last 15 years.

It's the middle of summer, we're all ready for football to start. I had back surgery a few weeks ago and I've been laid up recovering. I got tired of reading the UK view on the football team. I thought I'd check out the Louisville perspective and see what you guys expected from your team. I've tried to be respectful as its your site.

I really really wish you a very speedy recovery. Hopefully then you'll post less. Btw, if you just wanted the UL perspective then why are you still here? We think of UK what everyone else does......besides your delusional fans, some of whom are predicting 10 wins and an SEC East title

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I have to side with Bill on this. Summertime bravado is what fans are expected to do. UK did look a little better at times last year and while that did not necessarily translate to wins I would be hopeful if I were a UK fan. The biggest difference I see from Jokers last year to new Coach Stoops players is that they are playing harder.

I recall watching Krags that MTSU game on Thursday night at Papa Johns. The players on the field looking lost and disorganized. We were giving up huge plays on defense and despite the score it was clear this team was not the one that just returned from Miami with an Orange Bowl victory despite having almost the entire team from the prior year intact.

I believe that is similar to what you are seeing in UK right now. While they are not skilled enough to compete with the better teams they seem to be in position to make plays. It remains to be seen if this team will be any good this year. I think it would be stretch to suggest they will win 8 games as some are suggesting.

I would say that there is a very good chance that we could roll in there and ruin their season again leaving them with 5 wins and falling short of a bowl, again. For me, last year, that was a blast to watch their hopes rise only to be kicked in the nad's with the knockout blow coming from the Cardinals. I can only hope that we are provided this opportunity again this year. It makes all of the summertime bravado and eventual tears all the more delicious.

It's not the push back Zipp. Hell I expect that, I don't expect you guys to like UK or see things the way I do.
I've been respectful, trying to make counterpoints. It just seems that some can't bring themselves to agree with a UK fan. I'm not like that, I have no problem agreeing with a Louisville fan if they're making a valid point.

If you ever bring up a valid point I will agree with it.

Reactions: atiba
...It's the middle of summer, we're all ready for football to start. I had back surgery a few weeks ago and I've been laid up recovering. I got tired of reading the UK view on the football team. I thought I'd check out the Louisville perspective and see what you guys expected from your team. I've tried to be respectful as its your site.
Yeah, but it's not the "Louisville perspective". It's everyone's perspective but LPT fans. You're debating us like we're unique--you're the guy who's got the odd perspective, that LPT will be better this year. Even your own conference brothers, who unlike us should be giving you some benefit of the doubt, see you in the same light.

You have been mostly respectful, and I too wish you a full recovery. But get that brain worked on. :)

LPT Football: Still seeking a cure for that...

I don't care if you don't think UK will be better, that's not what I meant. The multi page discussion on a vanilla comment about UK using Mizzou as template was mainly what I was talking about.
Hell I don't expect nor want you to say UK is going to be better Zipp, that would take away the fun.
Thanks for the well wishes on the back, sitting in dr office now. Hoping to go back to work tomorrow, so my time here will be limited.

I don't care if you don't think UK will be better, that's not what I meant. The multi page discussion on a vanilla comment about UK using Mizzou as template was mainly what I was talking about.
Hell I don't expect nor want you to say UK is going to be better Zipp, that would take away the fun.
Thanks for the well wishes on the back, sitting in dr office now. Hoping to go back to work tomorrow, so my time here will be limited.

Well wishes at the Drs Office Bill.

Based on the simpl fact UK had no where to go But up - then yes they have improved. I think the way the team played was just better under the first year of Stoops ball. Their players, overall, are better than what they had (at least by recruiting ranking services). They may get to a bowl this year - the schedule is watered down in hopes of doing so. I do think playing in the $EC is a tough life - but UK chooses it. UK reaps the benefits on the BB side where most of the conference teams are dogs year after year. Ok, I will even say they tend to have a handful of teams which are decent and make the tourney. I think a lot of that is due to feasting on those very bad conference foes. In the end, when and if, UK improves then Stoops will leave. Boom - back to trying to figure things out.

I think respect earned from the SEC is also tough sledding. Those guys eat, sleep, and drink football--which has made LPT the odd man out for a long time. The rest of the conference knows how humbling the sport can be and aren't giving anyone premature or undue respect.

LPT Football: We can't win...

Last edited:
I agree that UK took football for granted basically forever. But a lot of that had and has to do with the culture in the state. There's still a lot of county high schools that don't field football teams in rural counties much less have youth programs, but they sure as heck have basketball teams.
As Bardman stated UK really didn't have anywhere to go but up, and I'm not saying Stoops is going to be the savior, it's too early to tell. But he's making forward progress and I tend to have a big picture outlook.

Dr appt went well, cleared for work, light duty for another week though.

Congrats BD on the good outcome with your doctor. Heed the advice and really take it easy....no need to risk re-injury or whatever by doing too much too soon. Good fortune in the future.

Haha stick to bayskeetbah. sUcK was no better last year than the year before and they won't be any better this year either. You are delusional just like the rest of your fanbase, Journey comes to mind when it comes to sUcK fans and football. :Don't Stop, Believin, hold on to that recruiting baby.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha stick to bayskeetbah. sUcK was no better last year than the year before and they won't be any better this year either. You are delusional just like the rest of your hillbilly fanbase, Journey comes to mind when it comes to sUcK fans and football. :Don't Stop, Believin, hold on to that recruiting baby.........

Haha, wow, you added a great deal of insight with that post thanks piglet.

Bill I enjoy your posts I want you to stay and keep posting.

Bill is a good poster, keep em coming fella...just don't be like 95% of your fanbase and bail after the season starts.

Bill you are one of the few that come here and post that wants to really talk sports. And not come over here bashing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT